The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

26 minutes ago, RWJC said:

85 giveaways in 80 GP this years ranks him 4th worst behind Petry, Burns and Klingberg. 

Miller worth more to our franchise imho

Giveaways are a borderline useless stat when it comes to defensemen. Third in the NHL's defensemen in takeaways, blocks tons of shots, extremely strong CORSI numbers. Pretty much the dream defenseman away from the puck and can still put up 40+ points.

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Gonna sleep now, it’s passed midnight in Barcelona, I hope to wake up to a no Miller trade and a decent 1st round pick! Good night guys!

(I live in Langley, just on a European trip right now!).

Damn, dude is in Spain and he's on here going back and forth with us about Miller

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Gonna sleep now, it’s passed midnight in Barcelona, I hope to wake up to a no Miller trade and a decent 1st round pick! Good night guys!

What you doing going to sleep in Barcelona?  Isnt "past midnight" the start of dinner time??

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone see Biz say MTL pushing hard for Miller? Posted it on Spitting Chiclets Instagram account..

MTL has picks 26 and 33 I wonder if that plus Josh Anderson for JT Miller and a small piece 

Canucks want a Miller lite... Thats a Miller Lite alright

BC needs to declare a few more statutory holidays.

NHL Draft Day

Free Agent Deadline

Any day the Canucks are playing in the playoffs.

I'd even take a half day stat.... just need to go home early. Good thing for the ability to record things but it is still a lot more enjoyable live.

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Giveaways are a borderline useless stat when it comes to defensemen. Third in the NHL's defensemen in takeaways, blocks tons of shots, extremely strong CORSI numbers. Pretty much the dream defenseman away from the puck and can still put up 40+ points.

Agreed, but my point is he’s not worth a Miller unless FLA is adding. Weegar benefits from a strong Panthers club as a whole as well. 

Just now, Outsiders said:

Anyone see Biz say MTL pushing hard for Miller? Posted it on Spitting Chiclets Instagram account..

MTL has picks 26 and 33 I wonder if that plus Josh Anderson for JT Miller and a small piece 

Canucks want a Miller lite... Thats a Miller Lite alright

Anderson is a cap dump.  The Habs would need to add 1OA to just get rid of that guy.  

1 minute ago, GB5 said:

BC needs to declare a few more statutory holidays.

NHL Draft Day

Free Agent Deadline

Any day the Canucks are playing in the playoffs.

I'd even take a half day stat.... just need to go home early. Good thing for the ability to record things but it is still a lot more enjoyable live.

Just give me the day after the Super Bowl.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Anderson is a cap dump.  The Habs would need to add 1OA to just get rid of that guy.  

Anderson adds a lot of grit to our top 6 and is a power forward. I see him as a 45-50PT guy here. He is in his prime and we add two draft selections tonight. I think thats a great trade for us 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Anderson adds a lot of grit to our top 6 and is a power forward. I see him as a 45-50PT guy here. He is in his prime and we add two draft selections tonight. I think thats a great trade for us 

doesn't hurt that he was also a member of bo's wedding party, but I still don't like that trade. 

Just now, Outsiders said:

Anderson will soon be 30, has five more years at 5.5 five, is often injured, and averages 27 points/ season.  

He’s a toxic contract.  

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Checking in from the UK myself (11:30 pm). Just poured another beer and have the draft ready to roll on telus optik. Told the wife to expect me to be useless tomorrow!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Anderson will soon be 30, has five more years at 5.5 five, is often injured, and averages 27 points/ season.  

He’s a toxic contract.  

He is 28 and will be 33 when his contract is up. CLB and MTL aren't exactly offensive juggernauts. Here is could play on Pettersson's wing and thrive while playing a heavy game, which is uh an area we lack

so what i got out of this thread so far is don't trade miller if the return is not lobsided and re-sign him.. but if he won't re-sign for 4-6 years below market then trade him but don't trade him if it isn't an overpayment...

so i guess the only option remains then is to just let him walk in UFA.. since no trade offer is good enough so it's not worth trading.. and no contract the canucks is comfortable with is good enough for Miller

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3