The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

5 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/will-noah-dobson-domino-finally-fall-on-nhl-summer-trade-front?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1658787901

Not sure if Kuzma is trying to help the club or not, but Dobson shaking loose and coming back in a trade would be incredible. 

I'd add to JT to get Dobson.  JR + Rathbone as a starting point?  Hell, they can have one of our glut of wingers too.  JT retained, Garland and Rathbone 

Does this “so called” sports’ reporter not realize we have new management and any reference to the Canucks liking Fobson since the 2018 draft has no merit now?  

If there is a D the new management wants from the Islanders it’s Pulock, and not Dobson.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/will-noah-dobson-domino-finally-fall-on-nhl-summer-trade-front?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1658787901

Not sure if Kuzma is trying to help the club or not, but Dobson shaking loose and coming back in a trade would be incredible. 

I'd add to JT to get Dobson.  JR + Rathbone as a starting point?  Hell, they can have one of our glut of wingers too.  JT retained, Garland and Rathbone 

I just think the odds of the Isles trading Dobson are about the same as the Canucks trading Hughes which are slim to none

In essence, both are young core players you build a team around and do not trade.

Maybe if Milbury were still in charge on the island then certainly but he is long gone so I cannot see it happening.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

You would definitely need to add to Miller to get Dobson.  I'd argue Dobson's value is close to Matthew Tkapuke.  10th in scoring and tied for 5th in goals among all RHD last year and only 21 years old. 

We saw how much it cost to get Tkapuke.

I'd say it would be Miller, Garland, Schenn, and a 1st in 2023 or something along those lines.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does this “so called” sports’ reporter not realize we have new management and any reference to the Canucks liking Fobson since the 2018 draft has no merit now?  

If there is a D the new management wants from the Islanders it’s Pulock, and not Dobson.  

I mean..... If were just talking about "want" then it would obviously be Dobson. If your're talking about what we would be interested in based simply on availability then its Pulock. Why would the Islanders trade away Dobson? 

4 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I just think the odds of the Isles trading Dobson are about the same as the Canucks trading Hughes which are slim to none

In essence, both are young core players you build a team around and do not trade.

Maybe if Milbury were still in charge on the island then certainly but he is long gone so I cannot see it happening.

I don't either, but stranger things have happened.  

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You would definitely need to add to Miller to get Dobson.  I'd argue Dobson's value is close to Matthew Tkapuke.  10th in scoring and tied for 5th in goals among all RHD last year and only 21 years old. 

I'd say it would be Miller, Garland, Schenn, and a 1st in 2023 or something along those lines.

Swap Schenn with Rathbone and change the pick to a 2nd and I can't see how we don't do this deal.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I’d do that deal.

Miller most likely on his way out.  Garland is expendable with the glut of wingers Canucks have at the moment.  It clears cap space.  Schenn on his last year on the contract.  The 1st will hurt (must be top 10 protected).

1 minute ago, TmanVan said:

I mean..... If were just talking about "want" then it would obviously be Dobson. If your're talking about what we would be interested in based simply on availability then its Pulock. Why would the Islanders trade away Dobson? 

Same reason the Habs gave up on Romanov and Sergachev.  They don’t think the guy can play.  And in the case of Dobson I agree.  Myers is better.  

5 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Yea you don't just trade away your best defenseman, or future best defenseman. Unless your the Nashville predators and are rocking a line up with Seth Jones, Ryan Ellis, Pk Subban, Roman Josi, Mattias Ekholm, and Sam Girard all at the same time. 

15 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

You have some of the worst opinions I've seen here my guy haha. To each their own I guess

Lol because I don’t line up with your optimism and your opinion? Then I guess you have some of the worst opinions I’ve seen here too. At least I don’t have unreasonable expectation or optimism about the team or over value every single players/prospects on our team while trashing every other teams and players.

14 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

If Miller smashes his stick in the forest do his team mates hear it?

And if so ... does it upset them?

We're starting to get philosophical, which means we're sooooo close to 1,000!!!

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Woah are you overrating wahlstrom

Over-rating Garland here.  Cap space is so scarce around the league and it's won't get better till the escrow balance is paid off.  Canucks would be lucky to be able to move him without adding an asset.  Only the rebuilding teams seem to have that kind of cap space at this stage of the season.  

Also can't see many teams willing to block 5M in cap space for the next 4 seasons on Garland when they could miss out on deals like Niederreiter at 4M or Bjorkstrand / Marino for close to nothing.  His size alone is going to be a deterrent for several teams and it's not like he brings speed or is natural goal scorer.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Furevanucks said:

I want wild predictions for what will happen when we hit page 1000, mine is JT actually gets traded and the return is reasonable...

Insiders will report a Canucks trade, CDC will crash and will turn out that we traded an AHL guys for future considerations.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We can balance the cap better by doing Miller + Garland for Pulock + Pageau. 

Solves our D need, and 3c need for sure, still would bug me that we traded Miller with zero prospects or picks in return.