The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

I'm all for not trading Boeser but if Miller isn't going anywhere...how about:

Boeser (or Garland to be fair) + Rathbone for Schneider + Chytil

NYR get a top 6 scorer they want and Rathbone may be able to step into the NHL next year.

Canucks get a 3C (Chytil doesn't look like he's exploding any time soon) and their partner for Hughes. Sounds like Rags fans are pretty high on Schneider which is why we throw Rathbone in, I don't know if Boeser for Schneider straight up is enough. I'd consider Boeser + 2nd round pick for Schneider though...

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, billabong said:

To van: Marino, kapanen

to pit: boeser, rathbone

yay or nay? 

marino is a highly valuable piece for them so he won’t come cheap 

Need to even out the cap a bit (plus losing the best player).

Boeser + Poolman (instead of JR)

• Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

What if we move boeser for strictly picks and use those picks to grab chychrun.

I've considered this as well.

Especially in any deal with NYR that involves/Chytil/Kakko/Kravstov and a pick.

Take the young player and pick and a + and flip it to the Yotes with Boeser for Chyrcrun and put bubble wrap on his shoulder to make sure he doesn't hurt it again

32 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I've considered this as well.

Especially in any deal with NYR that involves/Chytil/Kakko/Kravstov and a pick.

Take the young player and pick and a + and flip it to the Yotes with Boeser for Chyrcrun and put bubble wrap on his shoulder to make sure he doesn't hurt it again

Yeah I'm not convinced that we can't replace boesers production from inside the org and maybe a good middle 6 player on a good contract that we get in a trade.

The more picks we get the better offer we can make to zona. He's signed for 3 more seasons at 4.6m so we just have to be cautious not to take on too much cap elsewhere.

Pearson-Miller-kapanen

Höglander-Pettersson-Garland Podkolzin-Horvat- anyone but chaisson

Highmore-Lammikko-Lockwood

OEL-Myers

Hughes-chychrun

Schenn/burr-Hamonic

Demko

This is a sweet lineup

Edited by 73 Percent

A new day, and today I feel the Canucks should maybe keep Boeser (if he signs under $7). He had jump in the MTL game, he had chances, he scored. I'd hate to trade him to another team only to watch him have success. He's also only 25,and who knows how good of a goal scorer he'll be in 3-4 years. 

I'm now wondering if they should trade Horvat and Garland for Ds and prospects/picks. Bo just seems to lack emotion, and he's the captain. This is a bit of a problem I think. The captain should be the team's leader, but they're all following JT.  Heck, I think Bo's even following JT.

Edited by NUCKER67

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

A new day, and today I feel the Canucks should maybe keep Boeser (if he signs under $7). He had jump in the MTL game, he had chances, he scored. I'd hate to trade him to another team only to watch him have success. He's also only 25,and who knows how good of a goal scorer he'll be in 3-4 years. 

I'm now wondering if they should trade Horvat and Garland for Ds and prospects/picks. Bo just seems to lack emotion, and he's the captain. This is a bit of a problem I think. The captain should be the team's leader, but they're all following JT.  Heck, I think Bo's even following JT.

It's good to have a calm leader. Horvat showed tremendous leadership in the bubble, particularly against the defending champs. I don't think he has a big enough ego to not share leadership with JT, and the rest of our leadership team. 

Our center depth, as it is, has the potential to be one of the best in the league. We shouldn't throw that away. Championship teams are built down the middle.

Boeser has a lot of potential as a goal scorer, but he's not the best skater. Allvin and Rutherford have stated their intentions to build a faster team clearly.

Given the cap situation we're in, and his $7.5M qualifying offer, Boeser seems to be the odd man out. 

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I might prefer Marino out of PIT if we can swing it...

You should be able to answer my question that I've had lately: how is Marino? Seems as though he had a great season a couple of years ago but the last couple have been declining? Did he have a bump with a new team and now is back to reality? I know nothing about him aside from being a RHD, but I'd love to know what the hype is about.

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

You should be able to answer my question that I've had lately: how is Marino? Seems as though he had a great season a couple of years ago but the last couple have been declining? Did he have a bump with a new team and now is back to reality? I know nothing about him aside from being a RHD, but I'd love to know what the hype is about.

24 year old, excellent skating, cost controlled, defensive RHD. 

Been one of the better defensive D in the league the past couple years, glowing underlying numbers, consistent (but not flashy) play driver. Think young Tanev. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Been one of the better defensive D in the league the past couple years, glowing underlying numbers, consistent (but not flashy) play driver. Think young Tanev. 

If you're sold then I'm sold. Dickinson, Chiasson, Poolman for Marino :lol:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

And why would the Pens wanna trade him then?

Clearly theres something you’re leaving out. If he’s everything you say he is no team trades a player like that.

Just now, DeNiro said:

And why would the Pens wanna trade him then?

Clearly theres something you’re leaving out. If he’s everything you say he is no team trades a player like that.

Probably why we haven't seen a trade yet....

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Probably why we haven't seen a trade yet....

Probably won't see him traded during the season. Pens are questionable at RD moving forward with 35 year old UFA Letang and nobody credible in the system behind Marino that could step into a top 4 role. UFA would help make Marino expendable.

Marino is a guy who helps now and moving forward so he has value. If they want a winger upgrade they want similar sort of player that helps now and moving forward(Garland or Boeser). Probably need to add RDs on our side and a forward on their side to offset losses. Like Schenn+Woo and Kapanen.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Probably won't see him traded during the season. Pens are questionable at RD moving forward with 35 year old UFA Letang and nobody credible in the system behind Marino that could step into a top 4 role. UFA would help make Marino expendable.

Marino is a guy who helps now and moving forward so he has value. If they want a winger upgrade they want similar sort of player that helps now and moving forward(Garland or Boeser). Probably need to add RDs on our side and a forward on their side to offset losses. Like Schenn+Woo and Kapanen.

pool-man-2.jpg

All the talk by Marek and Friedman on 1040 this morning was of how LA is probably the best fit for Boeser, considering that Arvidsson is out for awhile with mono, they have a poor powerplay and lots of young prospects to trade.  Looking at their roster, I see that they very likely have the highest number of RHD and Centre prospects to offer of any team in the league.  Way too many to even speculate on who we might get.  All I can say is that I really hope that Marek and Friedman are right, because I think we could probably do better dealing with the Kings than with any other team in the league.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1