The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

14 minutes ago, AC Readership said:

If Boeser gets a similar return Fiala did, do you do it?

Brock is one of my favorite Canucks, and I hate loosing players who I have the jersey of, but yes. Faber is a legit top 4 potential propsect. He was the guy I was really hoping to get from LA.

• Like 1

If the team can’t sign him and help their cap, trade him. 

Love Boester, but the overall team comes first. 

The other option is to sign him to a one year at what he wants as a kind of bridge. Then next year see what he did and re-sign or trade. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

PP goals are equally as important as Even strength goals, this is such a lame argument. 

The question aired was…. Who on the team could replace Brock?

I said if given the same opportunities on the top 2 lines and time on the power play that Brock has enjoyed, it’s possible Kuzmenko or Lammikko could.

Take Brock off the pp and he has only 12 goals.

Lammikko had 7 ..   given his size and strength in front of the crease, he might actually do better than Brock on the pp.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The question aired was…. Who on the team could replace Brock?

I said if given the same opportunities on the top 2 lines and time on the power play that Brock has enjoyed, it’s possible Kuzmenko or Lammikko could.

Take Brock off the pp and he has only 12 goals.

Lammikko had 7 ..   given his size and strength in front of the crease, he might actually do better than Brock on the pp.

Kuzmenko would be perfect in Brock’s role on PP-1.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

On HF the Penguin fans seemed pretty interested in Boeser, and seemed willing to move Marino for him. Unfortunately that ship may have sailed with them needing to replace Malkin.

Could Boeser pull Marino?  Great if he could in a one for one.  

• Like 1

Hard to take some of these perspectives seriously....now we have different tiers of goals, some count, some dont count, some count a little less than others.  These experts should go after Gretzky's records...remove all the empty net goals, pp goals, tap in goals., or at least weigh them differently..Ovechkin wont be that far behind...oh wait, hes got a tonne of those too.

Then I read Lammikko can replace Boeser, but i suppose thats not as far fetched as Lammy being able to replace Horvat as was being postulated earlier this year.

Yeah, time to go back to the patio and have a beer...or two...lol

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Could Boeser pull Marino?  Great if he could in a one for one.  

Have to see what happens with Letang.  Can't really move Marino if they lose Letang.

Depends also what kind of contract Boeser is looking for - can't see them giving him 7.5M.  

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

PP goals are equally as important as Even strength goals, this is such a lame argument. 

I don't understand the logic either.  A goal is a goal is a goal.  If we had a player that could pop off 30+ PPG a season, that'd be amazing.  It would mean our PP is a huge threat.

• Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

On HF the Penguin fans seemed pretty interested in Boeser, and seemed willing to move Marino for him. Unfortunately that ship may have sailed with them needing to replace Malkin.

He hasn’t gone anywhere yet. 
My bet is they let Malkin test FA and then come to a deal. It’s just posturing.