The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

I don’t see Boeser moving.  I see a deal materializing under 6M.  Same with Bo. 

Miller and Motte will depend on what kind of offers flow in, but I do think keeping either or both is still a strong possibility.

Garland, Pearson, Schenn, Halak all moved for futures.  

Miller retained for Theodore would be the type of deal I’d be looking for regarding JT

Edited by 70seven

3 hours ago, 70seven said:

I don’t see Boeser moving.  I see a deal materializing under 6M.  Same with Bo. 

Miller and Motte will depend on what kind of offers flow in, but I do think keeping either or both is still a strong possibility.

Garland, Pearson, Schenn, Halak all moved for futures.  

Miller retained for Theodore would be the type of deal I’d be looking for regarding JT

You think boeser isn't going to want a raise?  He's already at $5.875 and I highly doubt he's not going to be asking at least a million more than he's making now.

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

You think boeser isn't going to want a raise?  He's already at $5.875 and I highly doubt he's not going to be asking at least a million more than he's making now.

His numbers haven’t earned it, I can’t see this regime giving him anything over 6

17 minutes ago, 70seven said:

His numbers haven’t earned it, I can’t see this regime giving him anything over 6

Then he can bet on himself, hold out for his qualifying offer of $7.5m this year and reassess next season. The team can can him to arbitration but at best it’ll be reduced to $6.375m.  There’s no reason for him to take a deal under $6m unless he’s not confident he can get another good deal in free agency in 2 years 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

If we do trade Boeser I see the Habs as a good trade partner.  Habs are clera

y crap and need a superstar.  So they need Boeser.  

Boeser for:  Romanov and Habs 2022 (unprotected) first.

Yes, the Habs would try to put Caufield in their instead of the first but he’s useless.  

4 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

I wonder if watching Petey hold out and the effect it had on his start would have any weight in Brock’s decision to hold out. Would Boeser be willing to wait into camp for a deal only to risk struggling out the gate? Especially if he ends up only getting a one year QO?

Petey didn’t hold out though.  He was a free agent and signed before the season started.  So he wasn’t a hold out.  

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Then he can bet on himself, hold out for his qualifying offer of $7.5m this year and reassess next season. The team can can him to arbitration but at best it’ll be reduced to $6.375m.  There’s no reason for him to take a deal under $6m unless he’s not confident he can get another good deal in free agency in 2 years 

Meryl Streep Yes GIF by SAG Awards

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Which might be what JR is willing to do, but it's risky.  Right now, I think he gets us a good #4-5 dman around the same age and maybe a pick, maybe a potential #2-3 if they take on a young, moderate reclamation dman.

If they want to take a chance on Boeser taking another step fwd on a one year arbitration deal at your # and he does hit, he'd have good value at next tdl........but if you give him that and he flops, you don't get anything for him and he walks for almost nothing.

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, tas said:

I could swear I heard jim rutherford clearly state that boeser's q.o. was actually a little over $7 m, not $7.5 m. did I dream that?

Dhaliwal tweeted it but it's wrong unless his last salary is not 7.5M as listed on CapFriendly.  They've introduced a cap at 120% of the AAV as part of the CBA MOU but previous contracts are grandfathered.  

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mll said:

Dhaliwal tweeted it but it's wrong unless his last salary is not 7.5M as listed on CapFriendly.  They've introduced a cap at 120% of the AAV as part of the CBA MOU but previous contracts are grandfathered.  

thanks. yeah, i was finally able to find the quote and I saw capfriendly's rebuttal and that whole thing. part of me is hoping rutherford knows something they don't, being on the inside, rather than being overtly wrong about something like that.