The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

39 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Especially when he's tossing the puck through the middle in our end/the neutral zone, right to the opposition :P

Say what you want about him. When Boeser and EP were struggling, it was Miller that carried this team.
When Boeser and EP were excelling, who was performing at the same level? When EP and Boeser are putting up points, who is generally putting up points with them. 

Miller, Demko and QH have been the glue of this team while EP and BB were given time to find their games.

Blame Green for that? Sure, but Miller (and/or Demko) was still arguably our top player for most of it. 

don’t know if you’re watching the whole or looking to pick at parts, but choosing that over the vast amount of contrary evidence is almost an absurdity…it’s borderline Alflives absurdity regarding Demko, haha. ;p

Edited by RWJC
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ferlands_Head said:

I can agree with all your points except the little bit about Zibby. The problem with the Zibanejad angle is that he's a PPG Centre who has shown he can produce at a very high level that BB would probably never be capable of.  I don't think BB is worth anything remotely close to Zibby IMO. 

I hear ya, i was just quoting from the article.

4 minutes ago, Ferlands_Head said:

I can agree with all your points except the little bit about Zibby. The problem with the Zibanejad angle is that he's a PPG Centre who has shown he can produce at a very high level that BB would probably never be capable of.  I don't think BB is worth anything remotely close to Zibby IMO. 

Miller is more in line with Zibby.  Hoping we trade Miller soon.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Miller is more in line with Zibby.  Hoping we trade Miller soon.  

He’s our best asset option to restock the future of this franchise, hands down. 

we should trade him for a true #1 G and a bag of cats!

• Haha 3

I notice Winnipeg is a little left wing heavy and I perceive we are right wing heavy.  My perception is that Winnipeg was not too happy with the effect on the team from Dubois/Laine trade.  Wonder is we could use that to our advantage and flip the more Laine like RW in Boeser for the LW/C more gritty player in Dubois?  Maybe add Poolman to the deal to sweeten it (pretty sure most of us would like to see the end of the Poolman experiment).  

I would really like it if we could do something like that and get a more primary threat player in return for Boeser.  

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

ok here ya go

https://thehockeywriters.com/projecting-canucks-forward-boesers-next-contract/

“Boeser is in the final season of his three-year contract with an annual average value (AAV) of $5.875 million. He received the contract after posting 29 goals and 55 points in his rookie season and 26 goals and 56 points in his sophomore season. He will be a restricted free agent (RFA) this offseason. Since he signed his contract before the new CBA, his qualifying offer is based on his total salary, which is $7.5 million.

It is hard to find contract comparables for Boeser. Other players with similar production last season include Kyle Connor, Evander Kane, Brayden Point and Mika Zibanejad. Connor received a seven-year contract with an AAV of $7.142 million. Kane earned a seven-year contract with an AAV of $7 million. Both Connor and Kane’s AAVs are tough to compare with Boeser since the starting point for his next contract will be at $7.5 million. 

Point is coming into the last season of his three-year deal with an AAV of $6.750 million and is entering an eight-year contract with an AAV of $9.5 million starting in 2022-23, which isn’t a cap-hit Boeser will receive. Zibanejad is in a similar situation as Boeser since he is coming off a five-year contract with an AAV of $5.350 million. If Zibanejad signs his next contract before Boeser, it will give both sides (the team and the player) an idea of how much the forward should receive. 

Unless Boeser scores 40+ goals next season, the Point comparison doesn’t work. The forward will have to have a career year to receive a contract with a cap-hit above $9 million. Meanwhile, the Connor and Kane deals are good comparisons for the term of Boeser’s next contract, while the Zibenajad deal could set the tone for the negotiations between the forward and the team. 

Projected Contract for Boeser

The Canucks will likely have to offer Boeser a six to a seven-year contract with an AAV between $7.5-$8.5 million. If he signs a contract with a cap hit higher than $7.850 million, which is the AAV of Hughes’ six-year contract, he will carry the highest cap hit on the roster. “

Not sure what you think that proves....?

50 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Say what you want about him. When Boeser and EP were struggling, it was Miller that carried this team.
When Boeser and EP were excelling, who was performing at the same level? When EP and Boeser are putting up points, who is generally putting up points with them. 

Miller, Demko and QH have been the glue of this team while EP and BB were given time to find their games.

Blame Green for that? Sure, but Miller (and/or Demko) was still arguably our top player for most of it. 

don’t know if you’re watching the whole or looking to pick at parts, but choosing that over the vast amount of contrary evidence is almost an absurdity…it’s borderline Alflives absurdity regarding Demko, haha. ;p

And Boeser was arguably our best player last year while Miller was throwing tantrums. Still not sure what your point is.

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Not sure what you think that proves....?

And Boeser was arguably our best player last year while Miller was throwing tantrums. Still not sure what your point is.

Don’t sweat it, we just have different points of view and different view points on this one.

all good. I generally agree with you so that’s why I engaged this time. 

Just now, RWJC said:

Don’t sweat it, we just have different points of view and different view points on this one.

all good. I generally agree with you so that’s why I engaged this time. 

No, I legit don't know what point you think you made with that post. It stated his QO number and some decent to bad comparables. Not sure what any of that had to do with the discussion we were having about giving him +/-$6.5 and how you thought it was horrible and started confusing $6.5 for $7.5 and also his current cap (which is actually $5.875).

You're all over the map.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

No, I legit don't know what point you think you made with that post. It stated his QO number and some decent to bad comparables. Not sure what any of that had to do with the discussion we were having about giving him +/-$6.5 and how you thought it was horrible and started confusing $6.5 for $7.5 and also his current cap (which is actually $5.875).

You're all over the map.

Summary:

I think he’s great value at his current contract. Absolutely.

at 6.5 I think he is on par for value. No discount but a commitment and trust between both parties. 

at 7.5 he is potentially a liability.

at 7.5 I question his durability, and at a young age, I foresee a six year commitment to a F who hasn’t yet shown he will reliably stay healthy or consistent. (knocks on wood) if he were ever to sustain a moderate injury could he end up being a recurring IR candidate. A potential nightmare when trying to consistently replace a player who would hold as much value to this team as 7.5 million healthy could buy you.

that may seem far fetched but that’s just how I see it. 

he’s great, I like who he is, and I realllly want to see him excel. I also recognize that he’s the type of player that is heavily reliant on a better player than him for him to reach his expected potential.  that’s fine when the chemistry works. And that’s also fine when that player can play a 2 way game. 

I guess I ultimately question that when it comes down to the QO as end result, what else can we buy at 7.5 million across the board? What does Brock and his 7.5 in cap space get us in trade. I just see better options that way when it comes to the team’s future.

hope that makes sense. 
cheers 

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Summary:

I think he’s great value at his current contract. Absolutely.

at 6.5 I think he is on par for value. No discount but a commitment and trust between both parties. 

at 7.5 he is potentially a liability.

at 7.5 I question his durability, and at a young age, I foresee a six year commitment to a F who hasn’t yet shown he will reliably stay healthy or consistent. (knocks on wood) if he were ever to sustain a moderate injury could he end up being a recurring IR candidate. A potential nightmare when trying to consistently replace a player who would hold as much value to this team as 7.5 million healthy could buy you.

that may seem far fetched but that’s just how I see it. 

he’s great, I like who he is, and I realllly want to see him excel. I also recognize that he’s the type of player that is heavily reliant on a better player than him for him to reach his expected potential.  that’s fine when the chemistry works. And that’s also fine when that player can play a 2 way game. 

I guess I ultimately question that when it comes down to the QO as end result, what else can we buy at 7.5 million across the board? What does Brock and his 7.5 in cap space get us in trade. I just see better options that way when it comes to the team’s future.

hope that makes sense. 
cheers 

OK.... but I only suggested $6.5m +/- and you went off on me. So again. No idea what your point is, or issue was with the post you first quoted, that started this.

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

OK.... but I only suggested $6.5m +/- and you went off on me. So again. No idea what your point is, or issue was with the post you first quoted, that started this.

I just likely misread what you said in a post. I took this to mean you were ok at 6.5 and maybe signs longterm at 7.5.

That might have been the weed.

I doubt he's getting much over $6.5m. we're taking at MOST, an extra $1m. Much ado about nothing IMO.

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I just likely misread what you said in a post. I took this to mean you were ok at 6.5 and maybe signs longterm at 7.5.

That might have been the weed.

I doubt he's getting much over $6.5m. we're taking at MOST, an extra $1m. Much ado about nothing IMO.

Yes, "at most" a $1m raise over his current deal of $5.875. Or $6.875. That would be the high end of my guess of what his deal come in at.

Like I said, +/- $6.5m.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I think his versatility was what got him up in the ring of honor.  And if you thought that the Sedins carried him, there were countless other players that didn't help the Sedins as much as Burrows.  The Sedins have publicly said that often.

Burrows is a legend. In my top 5-10 of all time hands down. Felt weird even suggesting he was anything other than amazing as a Canuck. Slay the dragon will forever be one of my greatest memories. The team we are watching right now down 5-1 to Anaheim is a shell of that team. We were spoiled.

Go 'Nucks

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RWJC said:

ok here ya go

The Canucks will likely have to offer Boeser a six to a seven-year contract with an AAV between $7.5-$8.5 million. If he signs a contract with a cap hit higher than $7.850 million, which is the AAV of Hughes’ six-year contract, he will carry the highest cap hit on the roster. “

If that is what he would get than Miller is in line for 10 million :(

10 hours ago, RWJC said:

ok here ya go

“Boeser is in the final season of his three-year contract with an annual average value (AAV) of $5.875 million. He received the contract after posting 29 goals and 55 points in his rookie season and 26 goals and 56 points in his sophomore season. He will be a restricted free agent (RFA) this offseason. Since he signed his contract before the new CBA, his qualifying offer is based on his total salary, which is $7.5 million.

It is hard to find contract comparables for Boeser. Other players with similar production last season include Kyle Connor, Evander Kane, Brayden Point and Mika Zibanejad. Connor received a seven-year contract with an AAV of $7.142 million. Kane earned a seven-year contract with an AAV of $7 million. Both Connor and Kane’s AAVs are tough to compare with Boeser since the starting point for his next contract will be at $7.5 million. 

Point is coming into the last season of his three-year deal with an AAV of $6.750 million and is entering an eight-year contract with an AAV of $9.5 million starting in 2022-23, which isn’t a cap-hit Boeser will receive. Zibanejad is in a similar situation as Boeser since he is coming off a five-year contract with an AAV of $5.350 million. If Zibanejad signs his next contract before Boeser, it will give both sides (the team and the player) an idea of how much the forward should receive. 

Unless Boeser scores 40+ goals next season, the Point comparison doesn’t work. The forward will have to have a career year to receive a contract with a cap-hit above $9 million. Meanwhile, the Connor and Kane deals are good comparisons for the term of Boeser’s next contract, while the Zibenajad deal could set the tone for the negotiations between the forward and the team. 

There's no way that makes sense. 

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

his goal was a shot very few can make.  scoring clean on NHL goalies is special.  

Did you see that wicked Brock snipe lastnight. 

Thats right I didn't either. Infact I didn't see him do anything useful at all. I was watching him lastnight because I've been waiting intently to see him show some consistency and develop into a franchise player I've even got a the Flow T shirt from his rookie campaign I've cheerleaded Brock for years I've made all kinds of excuses for his play over the years. Here in lies the problem every once and a while he shows a flash makes a desperation play, strips a puck on the backcheck, snipes top cheeze, and he gives you hope just enough............ Then he goes invisible and you're back to making excuses for him, he's young, he's injured, confidence, he can put in work with a skating coach like Horvat did etc so on and so forth.   This is the end of the line he's 25 up for a 7m+ contract he is what he is. People on here comparing him to the Sedins and Naslund are out to lunch. The reality that I'm seeing is what you see is what you get at this point and I'm seeing a whole lotta this.

G
A
+/-
S
SM
BS
PN
PIM
HT
TK
GV
SHFT
TOI
PPTOI
SHTOI
ESTOI
FW
FL
FO%
0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 20 16:12 3:15 0:00 12:57 0 0 0.0

Loui is that you?

Edited by hammertime

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

He'll be $8.5 for sure, probably more if van wants to keep him

I'm down for Miller @ 8.5 on a 4 year deal. More term and he'll have to take less cap. I'd front load it for him though so he can make the interest with a 3 year NMC, and if he declines toward the end of say a 6 year deal he may still be tradable at that time.