The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Way to overreact...Guess I can't mention Markstrom and how he was once available for free and he turned into a #1 with Vancouver and now a Vezina candidate with Calgary...but please, cry me a river some more why don't you...

no man i'm not saying that at all and didn't mean to disrespect you at all.

there's just so much more to the story that people don't readily consider.

the personality didn't match at the time unfortunately with some character guys in the room.

its too bad because if that wasn't a case at all i think he probably would have reached potential faster with Vancouver.

I was excited for him with this club, but its a business. And you can't let personalities sour a multi million dollar business.

Its too bad, but they had to accept/cut the loss.

Apparently, a couple other teams had to as well.

There's not just some fan speculated management short sightedness when it comes to trades. 

Sometimes you just have to make a change for chemistry reasons.

Eg. Nate Schmidt

Edited by RWJC

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

We arent trading Hoglander.   He has so much more upside its ridiculous.   

Addison would be excellent though, but would rather trade Boeser for him.

Would like to hear your reasoning for this.  Love the kid, but look at his DB for instance.  Has never scored more than 14 goals at any level.  Has a good motor but was never known as a scorer coming up through the ranks.  On pace for like 30 points this year.  Last year looks more like an outlier.  I mean if we are being critical of everyone else incluing the captain and guys that have been calder candidates why should this guy be absolved from criticism.  Can this team have a bunch of smallish guys in key positions. 

3 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

We arent trading Hoglander.   He has so much more upside its ridiculous.   

Addison would be excellent though, but would rather trade Boeser for him.

The Wild aren't trading Addison with 13-15M in dead cap for the coming 3 seasons.  They don't have the cap for Boeser and he's not really a fit either.

Edited by mll

On 2/21/2022 at 7:33 PM, SilentSam said:

Our 4 th line tonight can be dropped off at the airport.

Boeser for

Zacha Mudalihamin +/- Bahl

Horvat for

Debrusk Carlo

Dickenson for anything anywhere.

Our new 4th line:

Debrusk Zacha Klimovich

Our 4th line is the only one that works really well.

1 minute ago, steviewonder20 said:

1 minute ago, steviewonder20 said:

I posted that the night Boudreau

Lined up Motte Lamikko Highmore as the first line.

Horvat Boeser Dickenson went over the board 4th.

pretty sure that rotation stuck for the entire game.

I did state “ our 4th line tonight “.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I posted that the night Boudreau

Lined up Motte Lamikko Highmore as the first line.

Horvat Boeser Dickenson went over the board 4th.

pretty sure that rotation stuck for the entire game.

I did state “ our 4th line tonight “.

Got it, still early for me. Thought you meant Motte et al.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:05 PM, coryberg said:

18:22 in ice time 52.6% in the faceoff dot, 4 shots, 3 hits and a goal is a ghost?

Yeah we don't need him either right? 

2 goals in 2 games. Bo is making quite the 4th line center! Wish we had more ghosts like him!:bigblush:

• Vintage 3

On 2/23/2022 at 7:01 PM, rekker said:

I hope your right about Hogs

Love that kid. 

I have faith in Hogs, simply because he busts his ass out on the ice.  Looks to me like he has excellent work ethic, and so if he does the little things to improve his game, he'll find his way shortly.  Might take a few years though for him to really hit his potential.  I'd say he'll be an excellent 2nd line winger... 20 goals and 50pts regularly.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

I have faith in Hogs, simply because he busts his ass out on the ice.  Looks to me like he has excellent work ethic, and so if he does the little things to improve his game, he'll find his way shortly.  Might take a few years though for him to really hit his potential.  I'd say he'll be an excellent 2nd line winger... 20 goals and 50pts regularly.

True that. In the meantime he's affordable and if he busts out on a value contract, jackpot. 

13 hours ago, HKSR said:

Agree......just hoping he puts a bit more muscle on him and then I think his game will jump a level.

Sounds like Los Angeles has been calling a lot. They have a bucket load of good young defencemen but none of them are really great or elite. Durzi is a good right-handed defenceman who seems to be putting up some points but is playing bottom pairing minutes right now and honestly I don't think he's good enough to be in the conversation for Boeser.

Right now Brock is hovering around a point-per-game for the last 25 games. It looks like Brock and Petey are finally hitting their stride, now's not the time to trade or touch anyone because we're finally seeing this team's true potential. 

Management would be foolish to break up what we have now when they finally get winning again, even if the TDL is nearing. Sure, if we absolutely bomb the next 10 games then something may need to happen but we're recently 5-2-0 and have just come off embarrassing the hottest team in the league and broke open the league's best defence for 7 goals. 

In the last few games/month even, we've had one of the best top lines in the league and Boeser (occasionally) is part of that. 

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Sounds like Los Angeles has been calling a lot. They have a bucket load of good young defencemen but none of them are really great or elite. Durzi is a good right-handed defenceman who seems to be putting up some points but is playing bottom pairing minutes right now and honestly I don't think he's good enough to be in the conversation for Boeser.

Right now Brock is hovering around a point-per-game for the last 25 games. It looks like Brock and Petey are finally hitting their stride, now's not the time to trade or touch anyone because we're finally seeing this team's true potential. 

Management would be foolish to break up what we have now when they finally get winning again, even if the TDL is nearing. Sure, if we absolutely bomb the next 10 games then something may need to happen but we're recently 5-2-0 and have just come off embarrassing the hottest team in the league and broke open the league's best defence for 7 goals. 

In the last few games/month even, we've had one of the best top lines in the league and Boeser (occasionally) is part of that. 

They have a small window to make a big shift for this franchise.  I hope they're smart enough to do it.  

On 2/25/2022 at 8:30 AM, HKSR said:

Hogz is trending in the right direction.  He will be at least a 10+g 30pt player.  But if he’s a middle six player, I think he’ll be in the 40-50 pt range.

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

At the end of the day, Boeser's QO may be his undoing here. Love the guy to death, but at this point I'm okay with moving him, especially if it's between him and Miller. 

I'd say they're both likely gone