The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Green to be Fired

Rate this topic

Me_

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

The defense is not NHL adequate. 

The right side is bad.

The right side is bad, agreed. We don't have a first pairing right side defenseman anymore. Myers needs to go and be replaced by a top pairing defenseman that knows how to defend. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The defense is NHL adequate. Is it the best defense? Non. But it is an NHL defense. 

How they’re coached no longer make sense.

Other than the pk, defense hasn't been a huge issue this year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

23 minutes ago, hammertime said:

To be fair Green can't score the goals himself. 

Pete, Bo, Boeser, are to blame for how terrible the canucks are right now. Along with JB. I honestly don't think Green is as terrible as he's being made to look right now but regardless of that JB is on the out's and a new GM should bring in a new coach and send a message to Pete Bo Boeser get your scat together.

Are you serious, bud? The amount of Green apologists is astounding. Just because he might be a decent guy doesn't mean he's good at his job. Green is not an NHL calibre coach. He's been given far more chances than a rookie coach usually gets.

2012-13 Portland Winterhawks WHL Head 47 37 8 0 2 0.809 Won Championship
2013-14 Utica Comets AHL Head 76 35 32 0 9 0.520 Out of Playoffs
2014-15 Utica Comets AHL Head 76 47 20 0 9 0.678 Lost in Finals
2015-16 Utica Comets AHL Head 76 38 26 0 12 0.579 Lost in round 1
2016-17 Utica Comets AHL Head 76 35 32 0 9 0.520 Out of Playoffs
2017-18 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 82 31 40 0 11 0.445 Out of Playoffs
2018-19 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 82 35 36 0 11 0.494 Out of Playoffs
2019-20 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 69 36 27 0 6 0.565 Lost in round 3
2020-21 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 56 23 29 0 4 0.446 Out of Playoffs
2021-22 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 21 6 13 0 2 0.333

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

10 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

The right side is bad, agreed. We don't have a first pairing right side defenseman anymore. Myers needs to go and be replaced by a top pairing defenseman that knows how to defend. 

Exactly.

In the NHL all players are exceptional. Where teams get into trouble is when guys play up the lineup.

Myers is barely a top 4, Poolman is top 6. Schenn, Hunt, Burroughs, these guys aren't regulars. It's a problem.

Hamonic is an issue for other reasons. Lots of problems.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

I don’t think Benning is the problem.

Ummm....the GM is 100% to blame, he re signed the coach we should have walked away and reset with an all new coaching staff for this year (minus Ian Clark) but we didn't and now look how we are. I saw this coming, a poor start and everyone calling for the coaches head...Time for a full on revamp of the organition, New Management and New Coaches!

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

I'd like to see how they do without the handicap of Baumgartner before we throw all of them under the bus.  Denis Potvin would struggle under that unqualified moron's system.

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Are you serious, bud? The amount of Green apologists is astounding. Just because he might be a decent guy doesn't mean he's good at his job. Green is not an NHL calibre coach. He's been given far more chances than a rookie coach usually gets.

2012-13 Portland Winterhawks WHL Head 47 37 8 0 2 0.809 Won Championship
2013-14 Utica Comets AHL Head 76 35 32 0 9 0.520 Out of Playoffs
2014-15 Utica Comets AHL Head 76 47 20 0 9 0.678 Lost in Finals
2015-16 Utica Comets AHL Head 76 38 26 0 12 0.579 Lost in round 1
2016-17 Utica Comets AHL Head 76 35 32 0 9 0.520 Out of Playoffs
2017-18 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 82 31 40 0 11 0.445 Out of Playoffs
2018-19 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 82 35 36 0 11 0.494 Out of Playoffs
2019-20 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 69 36 27 0 6 0.565 Lost in round 3
2020-21 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 56 23 29 0 4 0.446 Out of Playoffs
2021-22 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 21 6 13 0 2 0.333

I'm no Green apologist I just don't see Boudreau, Julien, Bab's, as a clear upgrade. Sure you can point to his record........ Do you think a different coach would have had superior results with those teams???? It doesn't matter who they replace him with if Bo, Pete, Brock don't start putting the puck in the net Scotty Bowman would be out on his rear.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd like to see how they do without the handicap of Baumgartner before we throw all of them under the bus.  Denis Potvin would struggle under that unqualified moron's system.

Potvin was such a great player.  Skilled, mean, and high compete.  Imagine Potvin and Pronger on the same pair!  Love for us to find a guy like one of those two in a draft.  

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, smithers joe said:

in a way that is dumb. replace green and then replace benning at season's end. then the new gm wants to bring in his own coach. the gm should go first. hire a gm who will bring in better quality d men.  keep hughes and oel and one of poolman or myers for the 3rd pairing. fix the defense first.

That’s just it, joe. Benning should definitely go first, without a doubt. Not only did he construct this roster, he also hired and re-signed Green and Baumgartner.

Benning’s choices have had the greater effect on this club's fortunes than anyone else. Fire Benning first, and let the new GM not only decide who the coach should be, but let that GM rebuild the defense. Give Quinn a true number one right handed defenseman to partner up with. 

I’d keep Hughes, OEL, and Schenn. Trade the rest. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Last night Myers literally rang the puck up the boards to no one and he wasn't under pressure.

Every single player is gonna make a mistake if you scrutinize them long enough. Why are you not pointing out that Green has been trying to coach the same way as he has the same bubble team? Moreover, he doesn't know how to use the players he has. Playing dump and chase when you have puck possession players is trash coaching.

• Vintage 1