The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Green to be Fired

Rate this topic

Me_

imo, the team is poorly constructed. the forwards are fine but could use some toughness, the defense past hughes and larsen need to be rebuilt.  special teams is a coacing problem. the give aways is a player problem.  i don't blame the players for not scoring. we know they all can. that must be a systems problem, but i don't know for sure. best to clean house. if they bshare the blame, all should go. imo, we need acouple of bieksa type dmen. be tough to play against.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Bruce won't be available :

Bruce is looking forward to spend some time in Switzerland between Christmas and year end as an assistant for Team Canada. I guess he is going to enjoy his time in Switzerland.

image.png.923158f95b689f4c693e505a971558da.png

It's been reported that either coach would take a HC job in the NHL if offered

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The tittle of this says Green to be fired 

When?

Aquilini says the dark days are behind us.  

Is Green gone or what?

Is Jim gone?

If either are still here then the dark days will continue. 

Jim will continue to find a way to ruin this team.  It is more than coaching  

4 minutes ago, appleboy said:

The tittle of this says Green to be fired 

When?

Aquilini says the dark days are behind us.  

Is Green gone or what?

Is Jim gone?

If either are still here then the dark days will continue. 

Jim will continue to find a way to ruin this team.  It is more than coaching  

The tweet was from 2019.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

in a way that is dumb. replace green and then replace benning at season's end. then the new gm wants to bring in his own coach. the gm should go first. hire a gm who will bring in better quality d men.  keep hughes and oel and one of poolman or myers for the 3rd pairing. fix the defense first.

The defense is abysmal.

How Benning keeps his job while rolling out that defense is appalling.

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

I don’t think Benning is the problem.

He’s not the guy who told the team to dump and chase. Now the strategy is just to dump it.

No chase.

Podkolzin, Miller, Garland and Motte are the only forwards hustling like there’s no tomorrow.

Keep them.

The rest are either disconnected and need a new coach to reconnect them with a philosophy of play, or worse, Covid has affected them in ways we still cannot mesure.

He didn't provide an NHL defense.

That's on the GM. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

I don’t think Benning is the problem.

He’s not the guy who told the team to dump and chase. Now the strategy is just to dump it.

No chase.

Podkolzin, Miller, Garland and Motte are the only forwards hustling like there’s no tomorrow.

Keep them.

The rest are either disconnected and need a new coach to reconnect them with a philosophy of play, or worse, Covid has affected them in ways we still cannot mesure.

Have you seen the blue line? A massive amount of this is on Benning. We are at the cap every season and one of the worst teams in the league with very little prospects/picks to show for it. That is inexcusable. That said, hiring a coach right now makes no sense. Ownership needs to clean house. They need to hire an experienced and successful President and back the &^@# off so they can bring in experienced and successful management and coaching staff that know what it takes to be a contender. The team itself is much too small and soft. Yes Green needs to coach the team he has, but at some point you need to be able to get to the net and make life miserable for other teams. This team has never shown an ability or willingness to do that. They are a perimeter team and easy to play against.

There is blame top to bottom here and it needs to be cut out and incinerated.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Benning re-signed Hamonic. That was a mistake, guy can't even cross the border. Burroughs has been a nice surprise. 

Pettersson and Boeser have both been disappointing.  Canucks could probably get a lot for them. Like, rebuild that defense and add a #3C

Build the team around:

Horvat

Miller

Garland

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Motte

Hughes

OEL

Myers

Burroughs

Demko

• Vintage 1

To be fair Green can't score the goals himself. 

Pete, Bo, Boeser, are to blame for how terrible the canucks are right now. Along with JB. I honestly don't think Green is as terrible as he's being made to look right now but regardless of that JB is on the out's and a new GM should bring in a new coach and send a message to Pete Bo Boeser get your scat together.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

I wish it was Boudreau. He knows how to coach a high-offence-first team. 

I am not against Boudreau at all but lean more towards Julien.

Reason being is that Julien has a great track record working with younger players. I also think his no nonsense play type would appeal to Canucs fans.

None the less, I am good with either coach in the end because something needs to get done asap.

The sharks are circling the leaking boat. This goes so far beyond Green and his terrible coaching staff. Why did they even recycle Newel Brown to the pp last few season them fire him. He was the $hits. 

Baumgartner as defensive coach... the couldn't stick in the NHL as a player and spent his entire hockey life in the minors until coming along with Green to the big club.

This guy is rarely mentioned yet he stands behind the bench nightly. A nightly nightmare warm spot of a coach. 

Positive coach, goalie coach Ean Clarke.  This coaching staff is a joke along with the Abbotsford system of coaches.

The coaching department that develops poorly and slowly plus can't motivate a group to play hard.

So there's your room environment set by poor coaching. No wonder players are frustrated. It's not just Green.

Then we get to JB He is now a disaster no matter if hes a puppet or not. Who in the world if he really is a puppet would let themselves be a puppet of yes man to to any one at the NHL executive level? If this is the case the GM and everyone below him is weak. Right now everything looks beyond weak.

The drone and the poor eloquence of JB has become unlistenable. Aqualini hired a guy that still uses the word stuff when short of words to explain what that stuff is. 

It's a reflection of insecurities of ownership letting some one else more qualified run your team. 

I've not criticized ownership much for it's their dollar and their team.

The one thing they've not taken responsibility for is the fact it's their fanbase too. The real generator of the capital machine. 

They've managed a huge disconnect between reality and the fan base. 

Reading about a person on this forum last night that purchased season tickets rather than spending money on travel because of covid  restrictions is actually heartbreaking. 

A guy goes and buys most likely two seasons tickets not one who buys one? Now this result. I feel for that person and any one else who layed down money.

Simply put ownership is clueless after 8 years of Benning. 

Fans need to stop watching games. I only glanced last night and wasn't disappointed in my time investment to watch other programming.

We all know something is going to happen and I bet it's another lame plan by ownership. Flimsy ownership now.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The defense is NHL adequate. Is it the best defense? Non. But it is an NHL defense. 

How they’re coached no longer make sense.

The defense is not NHL adequate. 

The right side is bad. Too many 5/6 guys playing out of their element.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1