The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane, Logan Shaw

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah process of elimination now. If the team falters with a coach like this than we know the team as a whole is incapable and serious changes need to be made. Roster reconstruction will be needed.

I still have my concerns with the defense corp and bottom 6 even with an experienced coach but maybe the offense snaps out of the funk and can help Demko carry us to victories.

I think we're going to need help on D and in our bottom six going forward regardless of who we've just brought in. We don't have a Sutter replacement on the roster, we never replaced Beagle. Not having players who can effectively do what they did has hurt us so badly this season. 

I've always been more concerned with our D and depth than our top six, but if Boudreau can't get Pettersson, Boeser, Hoglander, and Horvat going it'll definitely raise some interesting questions regarding roster contruction. We have talent in our top six, we just need the guys we have to play like they have in the past. I think they can. 

7 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah process of elimination now. If the team falters with a coach like this than we know the team as a whole is incapable and serious changes need to be made. Roster reconstruction will be needed.

I still have my concerns with the defense corp and bottom 6 even with an experienced coach but maybe the offense snaps out of the funk and can help Demko carry us to victories.

I'm expecting our D corps to look better because our wingers won't be leaving early to get over the red line to hopefully tip a slap-pass into the other end that no one has any momentum to retrieve (couldn't stand that).   

Hopefully BB improves the breakouts significantly by having better fwd support in our end.

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That and will the group led by Smyle have the authority to make any trades anyway?  Doubtful, IMO.

what do you mean Alf! u know who has authority lolol its Aquaman haha he makes trades too you know haha  

how bout Evander Kane 25% retained + Nicholas Meloche for Tyler Myers + Tanner Pearson 

Edited by KnuckleHead16

Don’t want Kane. I would question why the Canucks would want such possible trouble. A desperation move to make playoffs? Let Boudreau work with what he has and have the chips fall where they may. Pick at the waiver wire if someone interesting comes along. Otherwise circulate players from Abby. Not only is it a solid development move 

but a reward for Abby players and an advertisement to the NHL that Vancouver rewards players in their system.

On 12/6/2021 at 12:11 AM, Coconuts said:

I think we're going to need help on D and in our bottom six going forward regardless of who we've just brought in. We don't have a Sutter replacement on the roster, we never replaced Beagle. Not having players who can effectively do what they did has hurt us so badly this season. 

I've always been more concerned with our D and depth than our top six, but if Boudreau can't get Pettersson, Boeser, Hoglander, and Horvat going it'll definitely raise some interesting questions regarding roster contruction. We have talent in our top six, we just need the guys we have to play like they have in the past. I think they can. 

9E4B721E-62A9-47C9-B2A6-24C07748BFBF.jpeg

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

9E4B721E-62A9-47C9-B2A6-24C07748BFBF.jpeg

I was hoping we'd see Tryamkin, but I'll be surprised if he ever plays in the NHL again. Can blame management for bungling that one, and Tram himself to an extent. 

Wanted to stay home near his family, can't fault a guy for that. 

32 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I was hoping we'd see Tryamkin, but I'll be surprised if he ever plays in the NHL again. Can blame management for bungling that one, and Tram himself to an extent. 

Wanted to stay home near his family, can't fault a guy for that. 

Well if the Benning / Green duo pissed him off, perhaps he will be willing to try it out again with this new management…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Well if the Benning / Green duo pissed him off, perhaps he will be willing to try it out again with this new management…

Maybe, but he's got another year left on his KHL contract and he'll be a UFA after said contract because of his being 27. Or beforehand if he somehow gets out of it. 

Is it possible he returns? Yeah. But he could very well end up on any other NHL as well.

8 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

To be honest Kane would be a good fit here for him as we need that toughness on the ice and he can score, hit, and fight!!! 

Don't you all agree we are still lacking toughness out there? 

Not lacking any poor characters. We just bought one out 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1