The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane, Logan Shaw

On 12/3/2021 at 8:14 AM, JM_ said:

So here's a question: if bringing in Kane meant we got the last playoff spot, would you still be against it?

Yes.

I wouldn't take him for free.

If the Canucks acquire him, it renders all the talk about character, good people, to be just bs. It would turn the organization into liars.

The Canucks pick this moron up, and I'm no longer a fan, and I'll start looking for another team to follow.

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, JM_ said:

where are you getting that number from?

Speculation is that a third team is willing to eat some of Kanes cap.

So San Jose retains half (3.5 mil) and sends him to a team with a pick, and then that team retains half (1.75 mil) and sends him to whoever’s trading for him for a pick.

Essentially the middle team gets two picks for taking on a 1.75 mil cap. Wanna bet that team is Arizona?

Edited by DeNiro
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yes.

If the Canucks acquire him, it renders all the talk about character, good people, to be just bs. It would turn the organization into liars.

The Canucks pick this moron up, and I'm no longer a fan, and I'll start looking for another team to follow.

Does Benning even have the okay from the owner to make any trades?  

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yes.

I can understand your point, for sure. I hope you don't go that far if it happens tho. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Speculation is that a third team is willing to eat some of Kanes cap.

So San Jose retains half (3.5 mil) and sends him to a team with a pick, and then that team retains half (1.75 mil) and sends him to whoever’s trading for him for a pick.

Essentially the middle team gets two picks for taking on a 1.75 mil cap. Wanna bet that team is Arizona?

So SJS gets Kessel, AZ gets two picks, both retain 50% and a 3rd team gets Kane for under 2 mil? wow. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

So SJS gets Kessel, AZ gets two picks, both retain 50% and a 3rd team gets Kane for under 2 mil? wow. 

Yea that would be a pretty good trade for all teams involved.

San Jose gets a replacement top 6 and gets to move on from Kane. The Coyotes cut salary and load up on even more picks. And the third team gets Kane at a minimal cost that can be buried in the minors if he pulls any crap.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea that would be a pretty good trade for all teams involved.

San Jose gets a replacement top 6 and gets to move on from Kane. The Coyotes cut salary and load up on even more picks. And the third team gets Kane at a minimal cost that can be buried in the minors if he pulls any crap.

it would be a pretty divisive move if he landed here, thats clear. I have to wonder, if the stadium is 1/2 full anyway does Aquilini go for it? If I had to bet I'd say no, but I guess its possible. 

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

it would be a pretty divisive move if he landed here, thats clear. I have to wonder, if the stadium is 1/2 full anyway does Aquilini go for it? If I had to bet I'd say no, but I guess its possible. 

I mean if he starts scoring and playing an edgy physical game I would imagine fans are okay with it pretty quick.

My worry (other than him destroying the locker room) would be that the NHL would be constantly looking to throw the book at him (especially if he was a Canuck). He won’t be able to get away with anything this season. Payback for making the league look bad.

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean if he starts scoring and playing an edgy physical game I would imagine fans are okay with it pretty quick.

My worry (other than him destroying the locker room) would be that the NHL would be constantly looking to throw the book at him (especially if he was a Canuck). He won’t be able to get away with anything this season. Payback for making the league look bad.

What’s to worry if you can buy him out at low cost next season, When this season is almost half way over.??

Its a low risk move with a Possible high return reclamation .

You and Fans here will just hate him more playing for something else  as he drives Hughes, and the rest of our D through the boards on the way to 20-30 goals.

He never stopped scoring or playing an edgy game,.  start?

You expect referees to call what?

Harassment?

Edited by SilentSam

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

What’s to worry if you can buy him out at low cost next season, When this season is almost half way over.??

Its a low risk move with a Possible high return reclamation .

You and Fans here will just hate him more playing for something else  as he drives Hughes, and the rest of our D through the boards on the way to 20-30 goals.

You expect referees to call what?

Harassment?

Refs can literally call a player for anything in today’s game.

Kane would get called for every stick check, push off with his stick, and hit into the boards he makes.

• Cheers 1

If acquiring this player is even remotely possible, we would be crazy not to give them an opportunity. My biggest criticism of this management over the years has been her evaluation of NHL talent. I need to surround ourselves with better calibre experienced NHL players rather than more reclamation projects. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

yup thats a good point, he'd be a penalty target for sure.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Can’t see him destroying the locker room. The way I see it Evander is probably acutely aware of where he’s at as far as his career, and how fragile things are for him right now. 

If he can tune out all the extracurricular bs and just focus on hockey, I’d be happy to see him in Canucks colors. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, gurn said:

That is what San Jose thought.

And Buffalo

San Jose may turn out to be a vindictive wife.… and Buffalo there were no convictions on charges pressed from the civilians who claimed he abused or assaulted them.

Bar rooms and nightclubs .. not a good choice to go as a professional  athlete.

Everybody wants your attention, a selfie, or apiece of you,. And they’ll create a scene to get it.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Can’t see him destroying the locker room. The way I see it Evander is probably acutely aware of where he’s at as far as his career, and how fragile things are for him right now. 

If he can tune out all the extracurricular bs and just focus on hockey, I’d be happy to see him in Canucks colors. 

image.jpeg.76864b5350b434fc4c0da0f61e7550d2.jpeg

38 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He has a long history of not being a good team player and not making good decisions.  Do you really think he's going to have a long-lasting behaviour change just because he's got another NHL life?  That's a pretty big gamble for a fragile team.

Edited by NHL97OneTimer
  • Cheers 1