The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane, Logan Shaw

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not at all convinced this is true it has been a topic on hockey night, TSN interview with Kyle Beach as well as numerous podcasts including Chiclets, 32 Thoights and Missin Curfew among others. 

Brad Aldridge is a convicted sex offender.

from an ESPN report:
Aldrich, who was with the Blackhawks when they won the Stanley Cup in 2010, sexually assaulted former player Kyle Beach during that run, according to an investigative report released by the team this week. The report, which looked into the organization's mishandling of the case, found that senior leaders on the Blackhawks did not immediately act when they learned of the allegations and allowed Aldrich to resign instead of partaking in an investigation.

Three years later, Aldrich was convicted in Michigan of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct involving a 16-year-old.

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Ah. I had to google it. From his ex wife. I am one for believing the victim but she strikes as full blown crazy and vindictive. She's aired every piece of dirty laundry and flung accusations that haven't been backed up by proof. 

He’s had more than one accusation, was accused in Buffalo as well. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Brad Aldridge is a convicted sex offender.

from an ESPN report:
Aldrich, who was with the Blackhawks when they won the Stanley Cup in 2010, sexually assaulted former player Kyle Beach during that run, according to an investigative report released by the team this week. The report, which looked into the organization's mishandling of the case, found that senior leaders on the Blackhawks did not immediately act when they learned of the allegations and allowed Aldrich to resign instead of partaking in an investigation.

Three years later, Aldrich was convicted in Michigan of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct involving a 16-year-old.

I am very aware, I’ve seen numerous reports and shows dedicated to it. So to say it is less news is patently false.

• Vintage 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

Not convicted. went to court. dismissed.

Aware of that. My point was the poster called out fans for supposedly supporting accused but called him rapist Virtanen then advocated bringing in accused rapist Kane. Tad hypocritical imo. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

it’s not that simple, just using his own logic against him. I know both are pieces of crap that have not been convicted. And neither is wanted on my team by me not even remotely. 

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf sure is getting roasted for Those drunken comments:

image.jpeg.5332f4bea0280e4730e8c632f4333f28.jpeg

Haha I’m late to the party today but still very hungry. And Melmacian meat makes a great Sunday dinny. Apologies Alfred. I taste a whiskey bourbon meat marinade I think??

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s had more than one accusation, was accused in Buffalo as well. 

Accusations of assaulting woman:

July 2016 - A 21 year old woman in Vancouver accused him of attacking her in his hotel room causing cuts and bleeding that required surgery.

August 2016 - Accused of grabbing a woman by the throat and trying to force her into a car outside the Bottoms Up nightclub. In a separate incident he he grabbed a woman by her arms and tried to force her outside. Got into a fight with a bouncer at the club.

Doesn’t seem like a guy that has been trying to turn his life around at all.  If so that would have happened some time over the last 7 years. Incidentally the Buffalo charges were not dismissed, they were Adjourned in Contemplation of Dismissal which means they would be dismissed after 6 months if he kept his nose clean. It does not mean that he was in any way declared innocent.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 4petesake said:

July 2016 - A 21 year old woman in Vancouver accused him of attacking her in his hotel room causing cuts and bleeding that required surgery.

August 2016 - Accused of grabbing a woman by the throat and trying to force her into a car outside the Bottoms Up nightclub. In a separate incident he he grabbed a woman by her arms and tried to force her outside. Got into a fight with a bouncer at the club.

Doesn’t seem like a guy that has been trying to turn his life around at all.  If so that would have happened some time over the last 7 years. Incidentally the Buffalo charges were not dismissed, they were Adjourned in Contemplation of Dismissal which means they would be dismissed after 6 months if he kept his nose clean. It does not mean that he was in any way declared innocent.

Yup guy is a piece of s*** and we should steer clear. You can find a good hard hitting player who is not a complete piece of garbage off the ice. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He makes himself an easy target too and not easily likeable for those very reasons. BUT, as a hockey player, if he could find discipline and a slight ego check, he is a game changer.

swagger that he can back up. 
something we have very little of, atm

8 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Interesting, that does change my perspective. Thanks

• Like 1