The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane, Logan Shaw

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

As far as character I don't think our team is in any place to judge right now. 

We are a market highly driven by Charity, 

.. it even shows on the ice,  everytime we cross the offensive blue line, we give the puck to the other team.

Our good looking men, looking good, and behaving nicely are sure to win a Cup Hairy ;)

The majority of the fan base is not willing to Burn the ice. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

We are a market highly driven by Charity, 

.. it even shows on the ice,  everytime we cross the offensive blue line, we give the puck to the other team.

Our good looking men, looking good, and behaving nicely are sure to win a Cup Hairy ;)

The majority of the fan base is not willing to Burn the ice. 

Can be a good hard hockey player without being a rapist, anti vax moron, locker room cancer, and all around piece of s***. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

whats the worse that could happen? lolol! hes on his last straw. he cant afford to be dumb anymore, he’s prolly in debt. myb his dad and mom smack some sense into him lolol need scoring.

and at 3.5 with no return. risky might work.....

Edited by KnuckleHead16
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

whats the worse that could happen? hes on his last straw. he cant afford to be dumb anymore, he’s prolly in debt. myb his dad and mom smack some sense into him lolol need scoring.

and at 3.5 with no return. risky might work.....

The Sharks paid real money for him and got 3 years out of him.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

I mean its not a popular opinion but I would take a flyer on E.Kane @ 50% retained if we sent them someone like Dickinson or Pearson

I would too, especially all considered right now with this team.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I was thinking Pearson straight across for him and a pick coming back for a sweetener.

But again you just can’t ignore this guys character issues. He’s been hated by his own teammates everywhere he’s gone. If he hasn’t changed now he’s not going to.

That is exactly the type of deal that would make it worth a discussion, assuming you meant at the 50% retained it is reported they are willing to do so that the cap hits trade off.  He is the type of player we really need on the ice, but he has been a horror show off the ice and has all sorts of personal issues and it doesn't seem like our room is currently strong enough to keep him in check like it would have been in the Bieksa, Hansen, Burrows, Sedin era.

The sweetener would have to be significant to take the risk, and then we have to really have a good sense of how easy it would be to just terminate him or send him home if he kept up with his nonsense.

Honestly maybe even their 1st round pick and a mid tier prospect.  It is a ton of risk for any team to take on and still some decent term on it.

With that sort of deal the upside might outweigh the downside.  You could end up with a "reformed" Kane in the mold of how Kassian turned around his career playing an important role on the team for a low cap hit AND a pick that turns into a player on your roster on a cheap ELC.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Can be a good hard hockey player without being a rapist, anti vax moron, locker room cancer, and all around piece of s***. 

He’s never been convicted of Rape.

Patrick Kane faced those allegations too.

He hasn’t hurt me ,  but it sounds like he’s hurt you?

Perhaps he’s hurt an image of someone’s expectations.

…. Really ,.   Kane has only hurt himself and it shows.

If he is looking to correct and redeem himself for the lack of respect he has had to others and himself,.  This is his opportunity.

If I was a GM.  I would be having a phone call with him, not his agent.

Quenville and the entire Blackhawks Org have major problems by aiding and abedding a pedofile file in there organization ..  and it’s less news.

• Vintage 2

Just now, SilentSam said:

He’s never been convicted of Rape.

Patrick Kane faced those allegations too.

He hasn’t hurt me ,  but it sounds like he’s hurt you?

Perhaps he’s hurt an image of someone’s expectations.

…. Really ,.   Kane has only hurt himself and it shows.

If he is looking to correct and redeem himself for the lack of respect he has had to others and himself,.  This is his opportunity.

If I was a GM.  I would be having a phone call with him, not his agent.

Quenville and the entire Blackhawks Org have major problems by aiding and abedding a pedofile file in there organization ..  and it’s less news.

Neither has Virtanen and he’s been called one by the poster I quoted. Calling a spade a spade. If Virtanen is one by accusation so is Kane.