The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane, Logan Shaw

9 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Kane has not cleaned up his act and will never clean up his act. He’s one of those men who never gets it.

you may be right, but if he is getting custody of a child that must mean the mom is off the walls bat $&!# crazy and unfit to raise a child at this time hence the evaluation she is undertaking or 2 Kane has been thoroughly checked out and deemed to be a "fit" parent capable or being a single parent( he must have some sort of plan in place considering his occupation he won't be around much for his kid during the hockey season)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingRaj91 said:

Eh, we really don't have much to lose. Maybe being home can change his act - DeAngelo changed and is doing well in Carolina, I think Van should take the risk at this point. 

Big difference between DeAngelo and Kane.  

If we did trade for Kane it would be 50% retention and their first (2022) for Dickinson or Pearson.  Then we send Kane to the minors, and add their first.  

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

you may be right, but if he is getting custody of a child that must mean the mom is off the walls bat $&!# crazy and unfit to raise a child at this time hence the evaluation she is undertaking or 2 Kane has been thoroughly checked out and deemed to be a "fit" parent capable or being a single parent( he must have some sort of plan in place considering his occupation he won't be around much for his kid during the hockey season)

Likely, if that custody is true, it’s only because Kane can afford better liars.  

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

And how did that work with Byflugien?

It would be the same situation.

It would not end well.

That was years ago now... Not saying he's a character guy.  But like I said in my past post.  IF he gets his daughter for an extended period if time... It has a good chance to change his priorities.  Help him grow up and become a half decent human.  Doesn't mean he's going to all of a sudden be a lady bing candidate... But can will probably be the best and maybe last chance for him to get his sh!t together.  There is lots of risk, no doubt, and I understand your trepidation.  I just feel it could be worth the risk... All good if it doesn't go down though lol!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Likely, if that custody is true, it’s only because Kane can afford better liars.  

You don't know that Alf... Obviously you've never have a child with a mentally unstable woman... I have.  Got custody and raised my son on my own from the time he was three.  Got my ass in gear let me tell you.  I grew up quick.  If Kane has any chance if 'getting it'  it's now.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Not really, the courts always look to keep the child with the mother first and foremost. I've seen a lot of cases where the mother even if borderline unfit still keeps the child over the father because they can provide a "stable" home environment more than a man that works away or works long hours for work (trust me I work in an industry where divorce is rampant). See it all the time.

The fact the judge has deemed the mother unfit is very telling, and honestly sad. Hopefully this can turn into a good story if this does actually happen. Kane comes home, turns himself around with the help of his family. Who doesn't want to see that?

My uncle, a hardened man, trucker his whole life, never settled down and was wild until his 40's...met a lady and had a child and now, fast forward he's almost 60 and has raised that child into a man, and is still married and has completely turned his life around. We as a family are just so proud of him, especially with us all knowing his past struggles with drugs and boose, etc. My point, it's never too late.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, KingRaj91 said:

Eh, we really don't have much to lose. Maybe being home can change his act - DeAngelo changed and is doing well in Carolina, I think Van should take the risk at this point. 

He wasn’t liked in Atlanta, they moved to Winnipeg he wasn’t liked in Winnipeg, he got traded to Buffalo he wasn’t liked in Buffalo, he got traded to San Jose he isn’t liked in San Jose.

If that is not evidence enough, then bring back Virtanen as well.

They both have faces you wanna punch in.

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Me_ said:

He wasn’t liked in Atlanta, they moved to Winnipeg he wasn’t liked in Winnipeg, he got traded to Buffalo he wasn’t liked in Buffalo, he got traded to San Jose he isn’t liked in San Jose.

Of that is not evidence enough, then bring back Virtanen as well.

Risk for sure... But Virtanen comparision... Come on.  

1 minute ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Risk for sure... But Virtanen comparision... Come on.  

Sexual assaults claims on both. Kane is much worse than Virtanen. 

Kane doesn’t get a pass because he is a better player with more points… they are both imbeciles.

So if we’re going to get Kane, why not get Virtanen back. Because he’s a lesser player?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Of that is not evidence enough, then bring back Virtanen as well.

He is a serial misfit, no denying it. I'm only looking at it as if this trade does happen, what is the best outcome we can hope for...being near family is my hope that if this is getting done that it does work out for all parties involved. 

But sadly you may be right, he probably still doesn't "get it" and will cause disruption for the team.

I do see this happening tho, management is desperate enough. I'll do my best to like the trade. But if it's just same ol Kane...ugh it's gonna suck.

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Sexual assaults claims on both. Kane is much worse than Virtanen. 

Kane doesn’t get a pass because he is a better player with more points… they are both imbeciles.

So if we’re going to get Kane, why not get Virtanen back. Because he’s a lesser player?

I will hold judgement on the sexual assault charges until proven.  Has he lacked character off the ice throughout his career... Hell yah.  Very immature for sure.  Maybe his choice in partners reflects that too.  A lot needs to be sorted out and I get why you don't want him but beyond the immaturity and sexual assault allegations (at this point Virtanen's cases seems to have more substance).  They are different players by far and Kane has a child with temporary custody.  Judges don't just hand kids to sexual assault perpetrators.  I'll hold judgement but will be okay with or without him.

Edited by Hogs & Podz

13 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

I will hold judgement on the sexual assault charges until proven.  Has he lacked character off the ice throughout his career... Hell yah.  Very immature for sure.  Maybe his choice in partners reflects that too.  A lot needs to be sorted out and I get why you don't want him but beyond the immaturity and sexual assault allegations (at this point Virtanen's cases seems to have more substance).  They are different players by far and Kane has a child with temporary custody.  Judges don't just hand kids to sexual assault perpetrators.  I'll hold judgement but will be okay with or without him.

Beyond the murders and the cannibalism, Dahmer was a great guy…

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Beyond the murders and the cannibalism, Dahmer was a great guy…

Dahmer's biggest problem in prison?              Biting off more than he could chew.

I too am amazed and disappointed, to see just how much poor behaviour people will turn a blind eye to;  simply because some guy can score a few goals.

• Vintage 1

I was a huge fan of Kane until Byfuglien and the team basically kicked him off the team.

And now, Kane doesn’t understand what his teammates’ problem is with him. 

Like McDavid skills which cannot be taught, Kane’s character is set in his DNA.

Edited by Me_

On 11/28/2021 at 2:40 PM, canuck73_3 said:

it’s not that simple, just using his own logic against him. I know both are pieces of crap that have not been convicted. And neither is wanted on my team by me not even remotely. 

Your left with your opinion, and that’s fine..

others are left with there’s…

I have no problem changing my opinion if I find facts to change it..  and I do look for alternate facts .…. 
I find a lot of people just like to be angry at someone else,.  It makes them feel better