The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

15 minutes ago, Me_ said:

If Horvat isn’t who Boudreau wants to captain the team…

What is Horvat worth?

I think Boston for Debrusk and Carlo.

Horvat is not a first line Center.

and will never get paid like one.

i also think Lamikko is outplaying Horvat,. I think we have a new 1-2 line..

Bo and Brock on the 4th line and not taking advantage of that opportunity, says a lot about where Boudreau is seeing strengths and weaknesses right now.

And a gazillion Canuck Managers are taking notes.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I think Boston for Debrusk and Carlo.

Horvat is not a first line Center.

and will never get paid like one.

i also think Lamikko is outplaying Horvat,. I think we have a new 1-2 line..

Bo and Brock on the 4th line and not taking advantage of that opportunity, says a lot about where Boudreau is seeing strengths and weaknesses right now.

And a gazillion Canuck Managers are taking notes.

Yes I agree to get this man called Carlito

• Cheers 1

On 2/21/2022 at 11:33 AM, vancan2233 said:

You see this is fans not understanding the league at the time or forgetting. In no way did the Sedin's taking it from Marchand and doing nothing effect the out come of the games. If they turned around and smashed Marchand (or anyone on the team did) , you bloody well know they would have been suspended by the league. Boston was hand picked once they reached the Cup finals by Bettman as the team that would look better for the league winning the Cup.  

That sounds like woe is me... 

6 minutes ago, teepain said:

Interesting

but we dont need another guy leaving for personal reasons 

tempting tho

would rather do

1st 23

2nd 22

+ player

Isn’t this year’s 1st a much higher pick than a Webber/Price inclusive Habs team in 2023?

1st ‘22

2nd ‘23

+ player

Edited by Me_

On 2/22/2022 at 7:20 PM, NorthWestNuck said:

Miller has the potential to be a great leader, but as he is now, he isn’t qualified as a good leader. He has no self control, and when the team struggles, Miller is more likely to make things worse with his selfish play and penalties then be the hero (although he has had a few moments of heroism). For example, knowing how bad our penalty kill is you would think being the most likely guy to end up in the box for us (outside of Myers) means he costs us more goals against then almost anyone else. That’s not even looking at his give aways.

This isnt to say he’s not our best player on the ice at times or that he’s not elite, just that he’s not the leader some think he is.

I’m sorry but this post makes no sense. You yourself even admit that Myers takes more of the types of penalties you say Miller take most of.

This post makes no sense.

I’d trade Horvat before trading Miller.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Why on earth would Habs give up their 1st?

They are tanking big time, atm they look set for a top 2 pick?

Who cares what other teams want?  Let the caring for them happen on their own websites.  

Habs first (unprotected) for Bo or they can piss off.  

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who cares what other teams want?  Let the caring for them happen on their own websites.  

Habs first (unprotected) for Bo or they can piss off.  

Point being its utopia to think they'd do this...

I don't give a toss about Habs or any other NHL team, but trying to be realistic, and thought there could be a reason, why you suggested it...

• 2 weeks later...

Might not be popular, but I'm really starting to open up to the idea of moving on from Bo, assuming we can land a defensively top tier 3C in the offseason somehow. 

Just an example of how I'd try and format the team next season.

To Boston

Horvat

To Vancouver

Carlo

Debrusk

To Pittsburgh

Boeser

Poolman (I wish)

To Vancouver

Marino

Kapanen

To Whoever

Myers

To Vancouver

Cap space

Try and get rid of Dickinson Hamonic for whatever we can get and try to land a really defensively sound 3C that's good in the dot. Not super concerned with offense so long as they can chip in once in a while.

Pearson- Miller- Kapanen

Hoglander- Pettersson- Garland

DeBrusk- 3C - Podkolzin

Motte- Lammiko- Highmore

Hughes- Carlo

OEL- Marino

Rathbone- Schenn

Demko

Just a thought.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Boudreau said "(Miller) has taken over as the catalyst and leader..."

I think Bo's days might be numbered

Okkkkk he didn't say taken over... 

It is true that Miller is a catalyst and leader though. 

So is Horvat. 

Teams have many leaders. 

That being said, I would pull the trigger on Horvat and Boeser if the deals were great. Horvat has an amazing reputation around the league but I'm not fully sold on him. He would be a sell high candidate for me because of this reputation. 

He wins a lot of draws but loses the key ones at the end of the games. He is not as solid defensively as everyone thinks or says he is. It's like some of the guys at work that has a great reputation but then you look at their work and it's average... It's more that the reputation perpetuates itself. 

However, team is finally gelling now so I would like to see how they do  on this home stand first. Bo will never be a Patrice Bergeron. He is a 3C on this team. 

9 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Okkkkk he didn't say taken over... 

It is true that Miller is a catalyst and leader though. 

So is Horvat. 

Teams have many leaders. 

That being said, I would pull the trigger on Horvat and Boeser if the deals were great. Horvat has an amazing reputation around the league but I'm not fully sold on him. He would be a sell high candidate for me because of this reputation. 

He wins a lot of draws but loses the key ones at the end of the games. He is not as solid defensively as everyone thinks or says he is. It's like some of the guys at work that has a great reputation but then you look at their work and it's average... It's more that the reputation perpetuates itself. 

However, team is finally gelling now so I would like to see how they do  on this home stand first. Bo will never be a Patrice Bergeron. He is a 3C on this team. 

And that's why people need to be really careful about their expectations.  Many pro-trade Miller people are assuming Petey, Hughes, Podz, Hogs, etc will all make leaps and bounds in the next 4 to 5 years and become star players.  Well, when Bo was in his early 20s, people would say he will be a Selke trophy winning 2C and will be our Patrice Bergeron... it's not gonna happen guys.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

And that's why people need to be really careful about their expectations.  Many pro-trade Miller people are assuming Petey, Hughes, Podz, Hogs, etc will all make leaps and bounds in the next 4 to 5 years and become star players.  Well, when Bo was in his early 20s, people would say he will be a Selke trophy winning 2C and will be our Patrice Bergeron... it's not gonna happen guys.

Yeah that's just it.

If he was going to be a Selke winner, he would consistently have games where he domiantes.   If Miller re-signs, Bo is a 3c. Do we pay a 3C 7M?

Around the league, he'd be an average 2C so in that role,  I can see someone paying him 7m

If miller leaves, is Petey ready to be 1C and Bo 2C? We would need a crazy return for Miller than as we will have a drop off in 1 and 2 C and still need to fill 3C