The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Just now, N4ZZY said:

This franchise is the joke of the league. 

It’s beginning to look that way, especially when you step back and look at the successive moves made since 2012. The talk about building a contender and playing meaningful games is merely that. The chasm that separates that and the reality of the patchwork approach to “building a contender” is widening. 

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that there isn’t a single young impact player on the roster that wants to stay. 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Toffoli

Markstrom

Tanev

Edler

All walked for free under previous management as well. This franchise didn't get A SINGLE ASSET back from those 4 leaving in FA. Let that sink in too. 

Vezina candidate goalie

Top 4 defenseman

Top 6 forward

Veteran Defenseman

0 picks, 0 prospects, 0 players in return. Playoff chances or not, you have to look further in the future than that. Even then, you HAVE to find a way to get something for at least a couple of those guys. 

Can thank Benning and his inept inability to manage the team. The guy has to be one of the worst GM’s ever. And the Canucks hired him. LOL 

The Cap Math is way off he is currently making 5.5 to go to 8 is 2.5 more. To buy out Pearson in the off season saves $1,833,333 if you can't trade him. They have other options.

Horvat is looking at the Value of the contract 8 x 8 here is 64 million. UFA is 9.14 x7 =64 Million. That is why there is the repost about a team offering 9 million.

2 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Bo for Kotkaniemi (Cap and potential), Morrow and a 1st

Miller for Bailey, Wahlstrom and a 2nd.

-Kotkaniemi - Get a long term (Too long) C at a lower cap than Bo now.  He does the right things, but offense needs to come back and I bet it will.

-Morrow - Get a top 4 RD prospect who is close to NHL ready

-Bailey (Cap neutralizer who we can flip again next year for a late pick)

-Wahlstrom - Top six prospect who could develop into a Miller like player in a couple years

-Picks - Just builds our chances to build our own pipeline of propects

Gain some assets and gain cap flexibility to meet some other needs in FA, waivers (Don't get me started here) or other trades

Prefer to take back Gardiner's LTIR and retain whatever's needed on Bo to make the $$ work. Morrow, Drury and 1st. 

If they want to send us Kotka they can have Miller's term and risk back instead :P Either that or they need to include a LOT of other pieces to make taking on that deal worthwhile.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, combover said:

Even worse they traded for toffoli as a rental gave up picks prospects lol

A dim jim Benning classic. 

this situation reminds me a bit of Tanevs. 
left him hanging while they tried to get a new shinny toy then when it fell apart made him an offer He laughed and went elsewhere.and rightfully so.  in the end Dim Jim and Francesco  got there over priced future Anchor/buyout Dman at a hefty price and he less effective than the guy they let walk. 

Horvat will be traded I don’t think he wants to be here anymore not after last summer,well that and the fact he’s wasted his career playing with trash linemates on a crap go nowhere team that still seems to have zero direction or plan. 

So rumours that horvat rejected the last contract offer last week. 

boeser rumored to have asked to be traded 

rathbone also rumored to ask to be traded after he sat for 6 weeks before they sent him down. 

No longer trading from a position of strength other gms are going to be lowballing this club and we will end up with next to nothing 

Last years TDL was the time to make this club better they missed there chance like usual with Francesco here

now it’s time to take whatever we can, so pathetic.  

C34B0D5D-FAAD-4E9B-BC99-0DB2CAE4A5F3.jpeg.584c61013b5991a98da745cd7b0fa6a7.jpegThe team will never have success until the Francesco is gone. 

Entirely agree. The best thing that could happen to this franchise is this idiot selling the team.

• There it is 2

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Which means it won’t happen. Common sense is out the window with this management team. I have zero confidence in their ability to do the right thing. 

It's been a year with the mediocre team and I'm (we're) still waiting for JR/PA to make a big trade to help the team.  I don't find them to be nearly as personable and open with their plans etc., like Benning was before.

I just imagine JR/PA cowering in a dark office corner, hoping no one finds them. 

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Can thank Benning and his inept inability to manage the team. The guy has to be one of the worst GM’s ever. And the Canucks hired him. LOL 

I’m genuinely curious as to how Benning and Chiarelli were able to manage the Bruins all the way to the Cup. Those two have proven to be shambolic. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

It's been a year with the mediocre team and I'm (we're) still waiting for JR/PA to make a big trade to help the team.  I don't find them to be nearly as personable and open with their plans etc., like Benning was before.

I just imagine JR/PA cowering in a dark office corner, hoping no one finds them. 

Scared Kermit The Frog GIF

12 minutes ago, WEVEGOTMOTTE said:

The Cap Math is way off he is currently making 5.5 to go to 8 is 2.5 more. To buy out Pearson in the off season saves $1,833,333 if you can't trade him. They have other options.

Horvat is looking at the Value of the contract 8 x 8 here is 64 million. UFA is 9.14 x7 =64 Million. That is why there is the repost about a team offering 9 million.

IMHAO our owner will push his manager into Bo at 8x8.  

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Prefer to take back Gardiner's LTIR and retain whatever's needed on Bo to make the $$ work. Morrow, Drury and 1st. 

If they want to send us Kotka they can have Miller's term and risk back instead :P Either that or they need to include a LOT of other pieces to make taking on that deal worthwhile.

Jervis, Morrow and a 1st 

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Trade 1:

To van:

Sean Monahan 

Sean Farrel

To mtl:

Brock Boeser

Trade 2:

To Van:

Martin Necas

Scott Morrow

2023 1st round pick

2024 2nd round pick

To Car:

Bo Horvat

Downgrade a bit but get some good young pieces including a potential top 4 RD in morrow

I can see our owner approving the first trade.  But you think he will approve the Bo one, when it’s pretty much only for futures?  I guess he might okay the Bo trade if JR could show him the futures were being flipped quick for help now. 

Edited by Alflives

53 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

JBs' cap mismanagements, has currently cost the team: JM, TT and Tanev in the past and it is looking like, one or two of the potential FA's will be added to the list.  But OEL, Myers (1 more year), Pearson & etc will be here to continue the current program of being one the best team in NHL Purgatory 

Peak willy D team could take his final build to a game 7 in a series lol. Almost every team has 1 mistake... We have 50m worth lol wooo:towel:

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1