The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I agree on  Tage Thompson ,  but it just seems to me when I’ve watched Buffalo,  they’re lacking that vet leadership ,

Thompson is a fantastic Centerman ,  but Face offs excluded .. he is just over 40% on the dot.

Horvat is not a 1C .. if he can put together 2 more seasons like this one, then I’d say yes.

But to other young teams Horvat looks enticing right now because his overall game, and the fact he has a C on his sweater.

I think the goals against stat has to do with goaltending , and not really finding their no. 1 yet.

start to look around the league and I think a lot of us here, including myself at times , over value Horvat.   

I see him as being a better fit for a team like Detroit imo, him and Larkin would make a very positive 1-2 punch of they could get Bo to extend

I think Larkin stays, particularly if they can bring Bo in 

Buffalo could definitely use some vets, I just don't see them needing one in their top 6 so much 

Their D is very young with Lyubushkin being the oldest guy at 28, Bryson is the next oldest guy at 25 

Their forward group is also very young, hence my emphasis on them bringing in some defense oriented veteran forwards to slot into their bottom 6

They could absolutely use some stability in net, which is why I've floated Demko to Buffalo in the past, Luukkonen is supposedly pegged as the future but he's far from a sure thing despite his pedigree 

Some stability in net would go a long way, but I think finding a way to add some veteran defensive presence would really help them too 

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

But without those questions , there's not likely a chance. I think we gotta role the dice 

Nah man. We surely can do better for Bo, a legit 2C entering his prime, than a young d-man who spends more time on IR than the ice. Other suitors can offer us and should offer us better than that.

25 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Not straight up ,  but things can revolve and evolve around 2 main characters in play.

I think teams are just gonna give up picks/prospects mainly since they're trying to compete. 

I see a pick, prospect and player as the baseline. Bidding war might add another piece on top of that. 

Teams might sacrifice more futures if we take cap back and/or retain, especially if a player that's not worth his cap. I wouldn't take back anybody who's longer than this season though. 

At least I speculate. I don't see teams moving young impact NHLers for him personally or even top 10 prospects like L.Hughes, Wright, Nemec, etc.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Prove it

If Seattle was willing to move Wright a deal would have been done by now. 

Teams rarely trade top 10 prospects. 

They already set at C for the next decade and aren't as desperate to trade for Horvat as all other suitors. 

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If Seattle was willing to move Wright a deal would have been done by now. 

Teams rarely trade top 10 prospects. 

They already set at C for the next decade and aren't as desperate to trade for Horvat as all other suitors. 

Can't prove that.

Doesn't matter anyways as he's too young to be a proven bust like JR said he's targeting :P:unsure:

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Can't prove that.

Doesn't matter anyways as he's too young to be a proven bust like JR said he's targeting :P:unsure:

I mean you can't prove they're willing to move him.

I can compare the likelihoods however and it seems highly unlikely. 

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

That's the strategy for a opinion based debate... Just say prove it because neither side can :lol:

There's arguments around it like arguing the likelihood in comparison but you only come out with a better presumption(A good guess) at best debating that way. 

it would make most hockey talks and armchair GMing end rapidly since it's almost all opinion based. 

I prefer the agree to disagree if debates go nowhere personally. 

I am tired of the Wright talk, cause it's a waste of time. They absolutely do not need a win now trade. But since I guess we are doing some weird manifestation thing, I'd do that trade straight up. Thank Horvat for his efforts here and send Seattle a bunch of flowers and chocolates. Wright is cheaper, he's much younger, he's right handed and he his upside is massive. Horvat may very well have found his groove. But I think it's safer to say this year is an anomaly and he is closer to 30 goals, 60 points. Not whatever crazy 50 or 60 goal pace he's currently on. Either way, Horvat for Wright is pretty close to a coup for us. Since management clearly has fumbled the bag on re-signing him and Horvat has played his value into a massive high.

27 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

Bo for a 1st round pick that has a chance of Bedard...minimum

Otherwise we really should look at keeping him 

You probably starting with Pettersson and a few 1sts at least to get Bedard. That might not even come close..