The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Miller's absolute sweetheart deal, which wouldnt come in Van, would likely start at $8.5m.  That's a deal he'd likely only take with a contender or a state with little to no income tax.

Imo, there is no number that's going to keep him in Van.  Horvat, I'd expect $7-7.5 over 6ish years probably

Bo at 7/7.5M - really

wow, to me that’s a little on the high end. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Ultimately, depends on if they want to stay, and at what cost. It's a business in the end and these decisions go way beyond the talent. From a business perspective I would sign the younger of the two. In the end though, I very much doubt Miller wants to extend here beyond next year. 

I think the writing really is on the wall with Miller. 

Would be the smart move for management to move on this as quickly as smartly as they can. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Bo at 7/7.5M - really

wow, to me that’s a little on the high end. 

he'd get it somewhere else I'm sure.........you don't think he'd want Petey money?  He's the captain, workhorse who plays hard every shift, one of the top f/o guys in the league, still has untapped offensive potential if he gets to play with more skilled players.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

For me. The fact that Miller himself has not said that he wants to win here, is indication that he’s already looking to another city/organization/team to play for, or he’s already looking towards Free Agency in 1.5 years to go. He’s just going through the motions here in Van until he can get to free agency. If that’s true. Then he needs to be traded to the highest bidder. Nothing personal, JT. Just business.

Then I sign Bo to a long term deal, 8 years at 5.75M/6M.

you think he's going to take a raise of $250k?

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Ultimately, depends on if they want to stay, and at what cost. It's a business in the end and these decisions go way beyond the talent. From a business perspective I would sign the younger of the two. In the end though, I very much doubt Miller wants to extend here beyond next year. 

I feel like the Canucks are in a perpetual loop between “incessantly repeat borderline hate waves” and “it’s business, if they wanna stay”

From a business perspective, if they’re welcome by the fans, then there shouldn’t be any problem. Or at the very least, it would be easier to re-sign them. 

To me Horvat and Miller are the driver of this team. We’ve seen what they can do in the playoffs. Rare players.

I would trade Pearson, Hamonic and Halak. 

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Miller's absolute sweetheart deal, which wouldnt come in Van, would likely start at $8.5m.  That's a deal he'd likely only take with a contender or a state with little to no income tax.

Imo, there is no number that's going to keep him in Van.  Horvat, I'd expect $7-7.5 over 6ish years probably

That’s too much for Horvat.

add that raise your giving him (2m) to Miller and cut Bo loose to the Rangers with Halak.

Edited by SilentSam

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

IMO, the last two years of that deal likely bring down the price. If it's a 5 or 6 year deal... Yeah probably $6.5'ish. Eight years, yeah I think it comes down closer to $6.

33 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I feel like the Canucks are in a perpetual loop between “incessantly repeat borderline hate waves” and “it’s business, if they wanna stay”

From a business perspective, if they’re welcome by the fans, then there shouldn’t be any problem. Or at the very least, it would be easier to re-sign them. 

To me Horvat and Miller are the driver of this team. We’ve seen what they can do in the playoffs. Rare players.

I would trade Pearson, Hamonic and Halak. 

Big fan of both Bo and JT as well. Who's Hamonic? Lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

it's wishful thinking on my part. I don't think he'll take that. But one can hope that someone on this team will take a hometown discount to win a championship team. 

I think he'll probably agree to 6/6.5-75M. I think management might loathe to pay him 7M. Wouldn't stop his agent from asking that amount, but I don't think he'll get that with the Canucks. Bo is a good player, second line centre. Is he worth 7M producing about 50-60/65 points in most seasons? 

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

it's wishful thinking on my part. I don't think he'll take that. But one can hope that someone on this team will take a hometown discount to win a championship team. 

I think he'll probably agree to 6/6.5-75M. I think management might loathe to pay him 7M. Wouldn't stop his agent from asking that amount, but I don't think he'll get that with the Canucks. Bo is a good player, second line centre. Is he worth 7M producing about 50-60/65 points in most seasons? 

I can see Bo giving a bit of a home town discount but the deal has to be made ahead of UFA. Bo has been with the org long enough to have seen others do the same. Burrows. 

I just don’t see JT resigning with Van. He is a uber competitive guy and his clock is ticking. His next contract has to put him on a team that can win a Cup. At his peak I don’t see Van being that team and I doubt he does either. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Lets not kid ourselfs Bo will want at least 7.5 million for 7 yrs..He will be off to F Agency when time comes.

• Vintage 1

13 hours ago, stawns said:

horvat doesn't produce enough consistantly to be paid 7m or more imo. If that is what he wants with term, I would trade him and pay the 1m to keep Miller. Horvat can sign a RNH type deal, similar players plus full NMC while still netting another 40m contract...

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, stawns said:

Kevin Hayes, Anders Lee, joe Pavelski, are all making over $7m and I'd take Bo over them anyway.  Couture makes $8m and he's made it to 70 pts once in his career and his avg is probably 60 pts.

All of those are bad contracts other than Pavelski which is a short term deal off the top of my head