The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

7 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I consider Virtanen to be the owners choice and he went with Juolevi (not BPA) because Benning, when interviewed by Bob MacKenzie was asked directly about not having a top defensive prospect so he picked who he thought was the best D available. 

Both my opinion.

I think you’re probably right - and I liked the Juolevi pick at the time and wished we took more D in the first rounds when we were clearly rebuilding (even if they never called it that.)

just saying missing on those two moves really hurt us now as we’re missing a stud D or even a extra trade chip or two

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

Yes Quinn and shenn are our best pairing... because OEL plays the left side doesn't mean he isn't our second best dman

And that’s a big reason why we stink so bad.  OEL plays an important role, and is paid to be a key piece.  

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Draft ranking means nothing cause what really matters, is the overall talent in a draft and their is a good reason why he fell or was passed over.  Plus, teams have their own list and the list we see are mostly for the fans....

If the guy is ranked in the top 10-20 in the draft and you as a presenter don’t know anything about him. You have completely failed to do your job. 

2 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

the hard part was that mgmt was banking on Miller being a capable C.  Heck I was too thinking he could essentially take Bo’s spot.  Maybe he still can despite a pretty shaky start to this season. 

I still think he can. With the right wingers. Trade BO to Boston for a package including Lysell and Lysell would be a perfect fit as a winger for Miller.   Podkolzin also played well with Miller last year. 

Miller isn’t a perfect centre by any means, but with the right wingers he can play there. 

Predictions:

By March, some combination of Boeser, Garland and/or Miller will be traded, then they’ll make Horvat another offer. 

In the meantime all of us long suffering fans will continue to click all the bait, and make all the trade proposals.

@Alflives will type ‘suckeroo’ 4,283 more times, and @EddieVedder will hate on Boeser for a full season after he’s traded 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

The problem is that people will only look at salary when comparing his play.  He's never going to live up to that salary.  He's still a useful player though.  He's definitely not going to end up like LE who was unplayable by the end.

Yeah I completely agree.  It’s also disingenuous to think if they don’t make that move we’re sitting on 12 mil in salary.  

We’d have just signed Klingberg and some other piece last offseason.  

People can blame ownership but I’m sure all our favourite players feel the same way. Nobody wants to sit on cap space.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I still think he can. With the right wingers. Trade BO to Boston for a package including Lysell and Lysell would be a perfect fit as a winger for Miller.   Podkolzin also played well with Miller last year. 

Miller isn’t a perfect centre by any means, but with the right wingers he can play there. 

Miller will never be the centre Bo is

Edited by Cromeslab
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Viper007 said:

Not really, cause he's not saying that he's a top pairing defenseman.  He's Top 4, or Bottom 4, whichever way you want to look at it.

If you go back, a few pages: he did post that OEL, is a top 2 d man and I responded - ofcourse, he is a top 2 d, with the Canucks.  Muddying the water but with the internet, their will always be a record..

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

If the guy is ranked in the top 10-20 in the draft and you as a presenter don’t know anything about him. You have completely failed to do your job. 

Still means nothing cause the teams have their own list and Yzerman for likes to go, with his own list: Sieder as one example.