The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

If you go back, a few pages: he did post that OEL, is a top 2 d man and I responded - ofcourse, he is a top 2 d, with the Canucks.  Muddying the water but with the internet, their will always be a record..

i also said on a good team he’s a top 4 dman both factually correct. 

Saying he’s a bottom pair on a good team is laughable. 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Bruins rebuilding ? Let's see how Sweeney will do cause he really bombed his first draft, as GM.  Anyways, it will be interesting to see how Sweeney, will transition from the old core.

Lol. Remember that three in a row draft? If you look at who the Bruins could have drafted in those three spots it's scary. Glad they whiffed, can't stand the Bruins.

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Still means nothing cause the teams have their own list and Yzerman for likes to go, with his own list: Sieder as one example.

Teams having their own lists is moot. If a player is ranked top 20 and you as a presenter don’t know about him, you have failed your job. Period. 

Edited by canuck73_3

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

OEL isn't the problem on D.Yes we all know he is overpaid but he still is a good d man.

Problem is we didn't get anyone else to help our D till Bear and we need one or two more D.

Yeah OEL is an easy target. Contract, Benning trading a pick etc. Funny though if Garland wasn’t having such a poor year we might have gotten that pick back 

• Cheers 1

IF YOU TRADE BO THEN YOU BACK AT SQUARE ONE...THE TEAM WILL BE WORST WITH A TRADE OR PICKS..YOU SIGN HIM AND YOU MAKE DEALS OFF SEASON WITH MOST MAYBE AT TDL IF ITS A GOOD TRADE..THEY NEED MORE GRITT STILL AND MAYBE JUST BEST NOT TO MAKE ANY TRADES YET UNTIL IT MAKES SENSE...BO HAS TO STAY IF YOU WANT YOU TRADE AFTER FEW MORE YEARS....

Just now, rekker said:

Lol. Remember that three in a row draft? If you look at who the Bruins could have drafted in those three spots it's scary. Glad they whiffed, can't stand the Bruins.

2015 - Sweeneys' first draft.  He missed out on Connor, Chabot and Barzal - perhaps karma for 2011 cause they haven't won one since, despite being in two more.

• Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I think you’re probably right - and I liked the Juolevi pick at the time and wished we took more D in the first rounds when we were clearly rebuilding (even if they never called it that.)

just saying missing on those two moves really hurt us now as we’re missing a stud D or even a extra trade chip or two

Absolutely, you can't miss on your 1st rounders.  Particularly top 10 picks.  Neither were BPA

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

i also said on a good team he’s a top 4 dman both factually correct. 

Saying he’s a bottom pair on a good team is laughable. 

No, that’s your opinion.  OEL on a good team is a bottom pairing.  But really good teams aren’t paying their bottom pairing guys 7.2 per.  And that is actually fact.  So we are stuck, for five more years.  And we can thank our owner.  

3 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

IF YOU TRADE BO THEN YOU BACK AT SQUARE ONE...THE TEAM WILL BE WORST WITH A TRADE OR PICKS..YOU SIGN HIM AND YOU MAKE DEALS OFF SEASON WITH MOST MAYBE AT TDL IF ITS A GOOD TRADE..THEY NEED MORE GRITT STILL AND MAYBE JUST BEST NOT TO MAKE ANY TRADES YET UNTIL IT MAKES SENSE...BO HAS TO STAY IF YOU WANT YOU TRADE AFTER FEW MORE YEARS....

Yeah man it’s a full rebuild 

10 minutes ago, gottalovethosenucks said:

This organization is a joke if Horvat isn’t wearing a Canucks jersey next season 

drop mic

If he is a part of the Country Club Atmosphere, then this is the best move made in decades. I see Petey's game growing immensely once the old regime is gone.

• Haha 1