The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Again, Miller has no trade protection in his contract.  He has zero say where he goes.  we trade him for our best return with no thinking about what he wants.

obviously only contenders would trade for miller... i was just saying imagine a team adding a 8-9mil player normally for the price of 2.6mil.. it would be any of the contenders dream 

15 minutes ago, BureBurrito said:

Bo has not looked very good since bubble playoffs. Seems like a 3C and plays a quiet game. That's not his role nor is that part of the future core. Great team room guy, but Canucks need an overhaul on the top 6 and he may be one that needs to go for the betterment of the next phase of the team.

You mean the bubble playoffs when he scored some game-changing goals? Without him we do not beat the defending champs. 

How is a middle C who is consistently on pace for 50+ points bad to have? He's still doing the toughest minutes and most draws.

The only way I trade Bo is if we can sign Miller to a steal of a contract now, and bring in a top 4 RHD.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Again, Miller has no trade protection in his contract.  He has zero say where he goes.  we trade him for our best return with no thinking about what he wants.

And if you’re a decent negotiator, you also find out where he would like to go -and may potentially re-sign - so that you can communicate that in trade negotiations with said team and potentially parlay that into an even better return. 

the kind of assets we’re speculating he should garner us in return…well, if I was trading that - a major chunk of my team’s future - away for Miller, I’d want to know there’s a little more than just the remaining term. I’d want to know that he sees my team as a favourable destination. I’m willing to give a little more if that’s the case.

now that just may be tactic, but the GMs around this league operate on rapport. they blackballed Gillis together to a degree. JR is respected, and I don’t think he earned that rep by being a sleazy car salesman of sorts 

Edited by RWJC

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

And if you’re a decent negotiator, you also find out where he would like to go -and may potentially re-sign - so that you can communicate that in trade negotiations with said team and potentially parlay that into an even better return. 

the kind of assets we’re speculating he should garner us in return…well, if I was trading that - a major chunk of my team’s future - away for Miller, I’d want to know there’s a little more than just the remaining term. I’d want to know that he sees my team as a favourable destination. I’m willing to give a little more if that’s the case.

now that just may be tactic, but the GMs around this league operate on rapport. they blackballed Gillis together to a degree. JR is respected, and I don’t think he earned that rep by being a sleazy car salesman of sorts 

A sign and trade is rare in the NHL, but much more common in the NBA. For our purposes it might be a good idea. 

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If you're posting a picture of single game stats you absolutely were cherry picking. Go back to December and you'll find it was Horvat helping carry the offensive load while Boeser and Pettersson struggled, these things happen. Even Miller, despite his point production, has up and down games and stretches. He played like crap against San Jose, but because he scored the OT winner there are folks willing to overlook that fact. He had a secondary assist last night but otherwise wasn't very good. 

I'm not arguing that Bo hasn't struggled, but he does bring value and he's also had stretches this season where he's been good. He contributes more on a game to game basis than offense. Sure, we'd like to see him producing more consistently, and yeah, physicality has been a team issue for years so lets not pretend that's exclusive to Horvat. Fighting? That's never really been his game, that can be said for most of our roster. Not exclusively a Horvat thing. He's more than the aspects people are fussing about. 

Points matter, but they aren't the end all be all regarding a players in game performance, or a player's value for that matter. If you take a couple penalties, look like crap for most of a game but manage to pot a goal that doesn't mean you've had a good game or that you haven't hurt your team.

Good luck assembling a team full of Miller's, might have to pick up a copy of NHL 2022 if you don't have one. 

Bo is becoming a failure..  

I questioned the Captaincy to him as an unproven young man ..  a boy really,.  Leading men?

Its too much for him, it shows.

.. and one game hasn’t shown this to me,. It’s his quiet demeanour through his career here.… and one good game isnt going to change my mind or prove otherwise to me.

He has had the opportunity,  

This is his 8th season here ffs..  how many more is it going to take to be better than what he is?

Many here thought LE was a great defensive forward too,.  Gave great contribution to the team, was a great mentor for Petey !  Lol !

Perhaps LE was a cancer here that nobody thought existed..  another great example of our leadership group.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I questioned the Captaincy to him as an unproven young man ..  a boy really,.  Leading men?

.. and one game hasn’t shown this to me,. It’s his quiet demeanour through his career here.… and one good game isnt going to change my mind or prove otherwise to me.

This is his 8th season here ffs..  how many more is it going to take to be better than what he is?

Many here thought LE was a great defensive forward too,.  Gave great contribution to the team, was a great mentor for Petey !  Lol !

Perhaps LE was a cancer here that nobody thought existed..  another great example of our leadership group.

If someone ever been a cancer on this team it’s Miller.

Petey and Horvat managed to play great with LE. Fascinating with Green as the coach.

Now when LE is more right than ever regarding Green you should try to apologize to him instead of still badmouthing him. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Some of the greatest captains in NHL history were quiet unassuming players. That shouldn’t be a knock on him.

Thinking a guy like Miller should be captain simply because he gets pissed off is a poor reason.

His body language is horrible at times and he becomes unraveled and takes bad penalties and turns the puck over when things aren’t going his way. That’s not a captain.

Horvat proved in the St.Louis series why he should be captain. He put the team on his back.

Much like Petey and Boeser he got stale under Green though and needs a fresh start next season under Boudreau. The last couple seasons have been very draining on our guys. A full season with Boudreau with some added speed and skill will make a world of difference for him.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, garthsbutcher said:

Horvat to anyone for a first round pick and good young prospect. 

Yea let’s trade him for a late 1st that ends up equaling nothing and a prospect that just as well might equal nothing.

I swear if management rebuilt this team the way some fans want we’d be in for another 10 years of rebuilding.

You don’t trade your best players for lottery tickets and unproven prospects.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Yea let’s trade him for a late 1st that ends up equaling nothing and a prospect that just as well might equal nothing.

I swear if management rebuilt this team the way some fans want we’d be in for another 10 years of rebuilding.

That’s just it, if he is one of your best players we will never be good. Never should have been the captain, refuses to stick up for teammates, non leader wearing the C

4 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

That’s just it, if he is one of your best players we will never be good. Never should have been the captain, refuses to stick up for teammates, non leader wearing the C

He’s a 60-70 point center on a good team that can play tough matchups, win draws, play on both special teams, and is right in the middle of his prime.

A team would gladly take him off our hands for a measly pick and a prospect. I guarantee that would go down as one of the top three worst trades in Canucks history…

Canucks fans are so quick to turn on their players, it’s disgusting

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’s a 60-70 point center on a good team that can play tough matchups, win draws, play on both special teams, and is right in the middle of his prime.

A team would gladly take him off our hands for a measly pick and a prospect. I guarantee that would go down as one of the top three worst trades in Canucks history…

Canucks fans are so quick to turn on their players, it’s disgusting

what has he done for our pk... or our pp?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

what has he done for our pk... or our pp?

He led the team in powerplay goals two seasons ago when we actually had a decent Powerplay.

His pk minutes aren’t what they were when he was younger but he can still excel in that role if a team asked him to.

We’d be crazy to trade him before we know what his contract demands are. There’s a good chance we get him on a good value deal. Centers like him are very hard to replace.

We’d have teams lining up for him if we made him available which tells you all you need to know.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Some of the greatest captains in NHL history were quiet unassuming players. That shouldn’t be a knock on him.

Thinking a guy like Miller should be captain simply because he gets pissed off is a poor reason.

His body language is horrible at times and he becomes unraveled and takes bad penalties and turns the puck over when things aren’t going his way. That’s not a captain.

Horvat proved in the St.Louis series why he should be captain. He put the team on his back.

Much like Petey and Boeser he got stale under Green though and needs a fresh start next season under Boudreau. The last couple seasons have been very draining on our guys. A full season with Boudreau with some added speed and skill will make a world of difference for him.

Yes and actually making the playoffs again with a team that can control games.

I agree that Miller is not captain material on a contender - maybe not even a guy you win with, Hirsch might have been right about that for once - and while I don't think Bo is either (at least not this regular season Bo) I also agree 6 mil for a 2C that can do what he does is not an asset you trade. So if things look the same next season it might be a different story, but I don't think they will.

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

We’ve been rebuilding since 2012.

Trading Brock or Bo is not trading our best asset on the team and not setting us back.

We need to build around a leader,  not gift it to one like we have.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1