The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

35 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

What kind of comparison is this? Sedins fought through adversity to become what they are. The guy saw his jersey threw on the ice and decided to leave. 

Don’t let the door hit you on your way out Bo!

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

11 minutes ago, rekker said:

Respect. Also, one could argue the plus and minuses of both players, but they are pretty equal. I prefer Bo. It's one of those things if you asked ten fans Bo or JT, it would probably go 50 50. Lots or factors, age, position, faceoffs, emotions, PP. In the end from a pure hockey view they are neck and neck. Like I said though, I prefer Bo. Centers like him are tough to find and it was a big mistake by management to extend JT and not Bo. Should of been done in tandem.

Wait, let me get this straight. You think Bo deserves 8M because of Respect? And did you also bring in plus/minuses to justify Bo being a 8M dollar player as well?

I mentioned this before, I believe the plan was to sign JT and Bo but that is impossible now since he is on a heater scoring goals since the end of last season.

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe he's tired of playing for an organization who's largely done nothing but lose his entire NHL career? And that looks poised to lose yet another season?

Maybe he wants to go somewhere he could actually make the playoffs consistently, given he'll likely get paid wherever he goes?

Maybe we've just stunk most of the past decade despite his best efforts and he's tired of it? 

So it’s not about the money then?  If we offered him 9x8 he would refuse?  He just wants to go to a contender?  

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

This as well. Some suspect linemates over the years. This year Bo has a legit winger in JT and boom, what do you know. 

Just imagine we could afford/retain our current top 6 and have a dynamite offense, if only we could deal out Boeser, Garland, Pearson and Myers. 
Keep Bo with JTM.

EP with Kuz

We’d clear roster space for Podz to come back up next season, perhaps Klim in a couple years, and if we took a hit to lose OEL, we might have cap space to pursue another true top 4 Dman. 

So close but yet so far. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Because the Canucks blew it. They failed to give him a team worth being a captain of. 

Sure, we can say that about most Canucks teams.  I’m sure Smyl wasn’t happy about his team either.  He stuck it out though.  Still with the team to this day.  Linden would have stuck around but Messier threw him out of the dressing room.  The Sedins played on the 3rd line for years and stuck it out and finally got rewarded. 

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Management tried 7x8 .. would 8x8 get it done?  I wouldn’t go any higher than that but I could see us making one last push before the deadline.

Media rumored yesterday 8xslightly under $8 yesterday 

not sure how true that was

edit: misread Says well shy of $8

Edited by mordekai
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So it’s not about the money then?  If we offered him 9x8 he would refuse?  He just wants to go to a contender?  

Sure it's about the money, I do think it could be about more than money though. Carolina could use another top six center, we've discussed how disappointing Kotkaniemi has been, why not have your cake and eat it too? Horvat could potentially do that. 

If he opts for a fresh start elsewhere, whether that's signing an extension wherever he's traded or walking to UFA, he'll get paid while having control over where he wants to go. He'd likely be the youngest top six center available, and arguably the top option, he wouldn't have an issue getting paid. 

Edited by Coconuts

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Sure it's about the money, I do think it could be about more than money though. Carolina could use another top six center, we've discussed how disappointing Kotkaniemi has been, why not have your cake and eat it too? Horvat could potentially do that. 

If he opts for a fresh start elsewhere, whether that's signing an extension wherever he's traded or walking to UFA, he'll get paid while having control over where he wants to go. He'd likely be the youngest top six center available, and arguably the top option, he wouldn't have an issue getting paid. 

He will definitely have options in the summer, I agree.  At this point it’s best to part ways. Get the best return possible and move on. I am a Canucks fan first and foremost. I want the team to succeed. Not attached to any of the players unless it’s a once in a lifetime Pavel Bure.  Petey could be Bure 2.0 so I do have somewhat of an attachment to him as well. However, if we were offered Connor Bedard for Petey I would drive myself, I mean Petey, to the airport…

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sure, we can say that about most Canucks teams.  I’m sure Smyl wasn’t happy about his team either.  He stuck it out though.  Still with the team to this day.  Linden would have stuck around but Messier threw him out of the dressing room.  The Sedins played on the 3rd line for years and stuck it out and finally got rewarded. 

Smyl, Linden, and Henrik all saw some playoff action and captained either actually competitive teams or teams that gave a damn.

11 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

The dogs in this forum are out of control. No respect or appreciation for our players. Really is pathetic.

Ok, why is it so bad that fans want more, expect more? A Stanley cup is what it is all about in the end. I love Bo Horvat but this team is not and will not be a Stanley cup winning team. Lie to yourself if you want but it's just fact. How many losing seasons does this team have to go through before people admit it. They have changed the management, the coach and still the results remain the same. The core is the only thing that hasn't been changed. I for one want them to win a Stanley cup. It really is why we're all so invested is it not or do we just care that the players are really nice people? It can't be the reason we keep them. You need to have results and they haven't gotten them with this group.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • There it is 1

Did u notice that for years he struggled to find linemates to produce offence and finally he plays with millzy and he starts racking up the goals?

what if he had a gifted winger on his line after the sedins retired? He might of put up similiar scoring to this year 

for years it was a revolving door of wingers for bo 

to me 7 yrs 8.5mill from canucks

open market 9.5 

hes arguably one of the best faceoff guys in the league if guys like millzy can get paid theres no reason bo shouldnt get paid 

another thing i thought about the day they signed miller and bo wasnt signed yet was what if management had this as a plan all along and told miller sign on the dotted and will give u the C when hes gone 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Smyl, Linden, and Henrik all saw some playoff action and captained either actually competitive teams or teams that gave a damn.

Yes, they all went to the Stanley Cup finals.  So they have that. The last 8 years have not been kind to Canucks fans.  I don’t have a problem if BO wants out at this point.  What bothers me the most is people always having to slam Miller in the process. What exactly did Miller do to push BO out the door?  He had his 99 point season and got paid.  It’s not like he went to management and asked to rip the C off BO’s chest so he could be the captain. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

He will definitely have options in the summer, I agree.  At this point it’s best to part ways. Get the best return possible and move on. I am a Canucks fan first and foremost. I want the team to succeed. Not attached to any of the players unless it’s a once in a lifetime Pavel Bure.  Petey could be Bure 2.0 so I do have somewhat of an attachment to him as well. However, if we were offered Connor Bedard for Petey I would drive myself, I mean Petey, to the airport…

I haven't been super invested in players the way some fans are since the Sedin led team. Your Kesler, Hansen, Burrows, that era. Probably the mid 2010's, nowadays I look at hockey players primarily as assets. Because in the world of sports that's exactly what they are at the end of the day. The team is more than the players currently wearing the uniform, plenty of players have come before them and every single one of them will be replaced at some point. 

I don't believe it's Canucks hell or high water for a lot of players the way it is for fans. Careers are brief for a lot of guys, Horvat isn't getting any younger, I wouldn't begrudge him an opportunity to go elsewhere in win. If he wants a cup it'd likely be somewhere else imo, I don't see us getting there any time soon. 

Canucks need to nail this trade, which I view as being inevitable. I'd rebuild around Pettersson, Hughes, and Podz. Try and draft high, free up cap space and create flexibility, look at trying to make the playoffs within 3-4 years. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EB43 said:

I really like Bo, and I’m going to miss watching him play, but everyone saying “he is the heart and soul of this team”… this team sucks, maybe it’s time for a new heart and soul..

I like him as well but I dont think he is the heart and soul of this team and never has been.

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

EP will never be Bure 2.0 as Bure was on fire from day 1.