The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You don't think that some of that is Lalji trying to remain relevant. 

Lalji isn't the first to report something like this though.  It's obvious something is broken in that room.  Just not sure what it is though. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Yeah, and the whole talk of 'country club' culture is also in the mix.  There's something seriously broken in that room. 

I do think it goes beyond the media just trying to stir things up, there has been ongoing speculation regarding the state of the room for a while now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Farhan Lalji with a rather scathing take on the Canucks room

Funny how the media takes shots at these guys and their character all season and then expect them to be friendly to them?

If the room is unfriendly right now it’s because they’re pissed about how their season is going, and tired of the media constantly stirring the pot.

Just because Bo and Schenn fake a smile for the media doesn’t mean they don’t feel the same way.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Is this your first time on a fan forum? Most other cities aren't that much different, it's just that Vancouver is a smaller city with less sports teams to be fans of than say, Seattle, Toronto, New York and the like.

It takes all types to be fans, but the advent of the internet, and especially social media, having given misery so many more avenues to amble down. Players can choose to tune it out or move to a team and a city where the sport matters less. Plenty of people, most actually, have no idea what the rigors are of the average athlete, but then again most don't make the ridiculous amount of money most athletes do either. You have to have a pretty thick skin to be a public figure.

They’re right though. Some very fickle fans in this forum just waiting for someone to falter so they can take years of frustration with this club and project/focus it all centrally, and it’s rarely justified.

have to wonder if 20% of this fanbase/forum could ever be satisfied. 
I know I’m not with the way things have been run. I’m fact, I’m actually unimpressed with this mgmt group and the way issues and drama have lingered on for so long like a really bad protein fart. Just waiting for them to clear the room and establish fresh oxygen.

Edited by RWJC
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Lalji isn't the first to report something like this though.  It's obvious something is broken in that room.  Just not sure what it is though. 

All one has to do is look on the ice as see that the team is f**ked. Lalji throws every single other player, outside of Schenn and Horvat, under the bus, calling them toxic, but doesn't provide any evidence to back it up. This has always been Lalji's way to do things. 

Just now, RWJC said:

They’re right though. Some very fickle fans in this forum just waiting for someone to falter so they can take years of frustration with this club and project/focus it all centrally, and it’s rarely justified.

have to wonder if 20% of this fanbase/forum could ever be satisfied. 
I know I’m not with the way things have been run. I’m fact, I’m actually unimpressed with this mgmt group and the way issues and drama have lingered on for so long like a really bad protein bad fart. Just waiting for them to clear the room and establish fresh oxygen.

Sure. And those fickle fans are their own worst enemies usually. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hard to say, but wasn't there word on the state of the Canucks room after Dickinson was traded to Chicago back in October?

There's seemingly been a cloud hanging over the Canucks organization since last season. 

There's definitely smoke, who's to say there's not fire? 

There’s definitely fire. Unfortunately  it’s not originating out of performance but failure. That creates divides. If this team was all in cahoots, safe to say the record and accomplishments would measure quite differently

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Funny how the media takes shots at these guys and their character all season and then expect them to be friendly to them?

If the room is unfriendly right now it’s because they’re pissed about how their season is going, and tired of the media constantly stirring the pot.

Just because Bo and Schenn fake a smile for the media doesn’t mean they don’t feel the same way.

I mean, this speculation isn't new and it's been ongoing. Remember all the Horvat vs Miller stuff?

Or the bits that got out after Dickinson left? 

If you don't buy it, you do you, but there's been smoke for a while. 

https://canucksarmy.com/news/real-cliquey-dressing-room-canucks-making-league-wide-news-wrong-reasons

Edited by Coconuts

57 minutes ago, spook007 said:

The writing was on the wall as soon as Miller signed the contract. 

Management chose the way they wanted to move forward last offseason, and it looks like a own goal.

In saying that moves has to be made to change this team, and the one player outside EP, that really can bring something back, is Bo with the season he is having (and maybe Kuz). 

This team is drifting around, and changes has to be made. Management is lining up serious changes to this team...

Part of me will be sad to see Horvat leave, but part of me is also looking forward to see this team change, for better or worse... at the position we are drifting around, we won't win anything... 

Changes are coming... 

fun laughing GIF

And here's Allvin with his first touch this season

Oh my ....

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

there is not a seriously good package right now. We will not et a seriously good package for bo - think late first, A- prospect, 3rd line winger, we would be lucky to get a 3C.

And you know this because......

They obviously get nothing for him after the TDL and it's risky to wait until just before the TDL.  Fine to wait it out a bit at this point but as we're well into January, time is ticking and luck is usually not on our side.

For the record, I'm okay if we can re-sign Bo for a reasonable contract......especially if they can trade Miller before the TDL.  But losing both and rebuilding is unfortunately needed at this point if we care about a cup.

21 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

The market here and some of the so called “fans” here are a joke. 

Too many ”what have you done for me lately” crowd. Once a player here struggles, doesn’t matter what they did last year, they become utter garbage. Truly is pathetic. 

Fans just want to see effort. If a player is struggling or the team is losing games, as long as the effort is there then fans are forgiving.