The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

5 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

A couple of comments about things I consistently keep reading.

- Just because they haven’t allowed teams to talk contract yet doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Most likely the last step after all the fine details are ironed out. No point letting them talk unless you have a deal 95% agreed upon 

- Carolina isn’t a fit, they have young centers, they would be more inclined to go with Timo Meir or a less expensive (acquisition cost ) veteran true rental center . Rumoured Toews for 2nd rounder. 

Teams im cheering for to string some wins together : Nashville, NYI, Florida 

Could be potential landing spots if playoffs seem achievable. NYI and Nashville seem like the best trade partner from their perspective long term IMO

Agree with 1. @eeeeergh has explained this well, also.

Carolina was reportedly out on Horvat due to the asking price,  it think there’s still a fit there. 

Who would you want back from NSH, NYI & FLA?

1 minute ago, billabong said:

Props to you for posting the scouting report 

To me edvinsson is the prize out of Detroit as we have zero in the pipeline on D on the left side and right side. he’s a bonafide young top 4 D in the making 

edvinsson, kasper or rasmussen, zadina

edvinsson and Kasper would be a grand slam home run but Rasmussen would be a great consolation prize if Det holds onto Kasper 

Yeah Edvinsson sounds amazing, and I think is their #1 prospect

15 minutes ago, billabong said:

Props to you for posting the scouting report 

To me edvinsson is the prize out of Detroit as we have zero in the pipeline on D on the left side and right side. he’s a bonafide young top 4 D in the making 

edvinsson, kasper or rasmussen, zadina

edvinsson and Kasper would be a grand slam home run but Rasmussen would be a great consolation prize if Det holds onto Kasper 

There's zero chance we get Kasper and Edvinsson. They have a parade of LD they'd move before ever entertaining an Edvinsson trade. He'll go nicely with Seider in their top 4. They actually draft and develop their own D. Must be nice 

• There it is 1

8 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Agree with 1. @eeeeergh has explained this well, also.

Carolina was reportedly out on Horvat due to the asking price,  it think there’s still a fit there. 

Who would you want back from NSH, NYI & FLA?

NSH Would be #1 trade partner IMO because I can see Horvat agreeing to extension.

Ideal return:

Fedor Svechkov 

Dante Fabbro 

1st rd pick 

more likely: 

Colton Scissons 

Dante Fabbro

Philip Tomasino

in the middle

Svechkov 

Jusso Parssinen

Luke Prokop

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

- Just because they haven’t allowed teams to talk contract yet doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Most likely the last step after all the fine details are ironed out. No point letting them talk unless you have a deal 95% agreed upon 

- Carolina isn’t a fit, they have young centers, they would be more inclined to go with Timo Meir or a less expensive (acquisition cost ) veteran true rental center . Rumoured Toews for 2nd rounder. 

Could be potential landing spots if playoffs seem achievable. NYI and Nashville seem like the best trade partner from their perspective long term IMO

Nashville is completely cap strapped next season and are trying to get rid of some of their veteran contracts to open up roster spots for their younger players - the group is far too old and it's not working.  Can't see why Vancouver would help them out when they are trying to clear their own cap headaches.  

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Nashville is completely cap strapped next season and are trying to get rid of some of their veteran contracts to open up roster spots for their younger players - the group is far too old and it's not working.  Can't see why Vancouver would help them out when they are trying to clear their own cap headaches.  

Or why Bo would want to extend long term with them? They're not exactly contenders. Same goes for Boston: they're contenders this year, but once their top guys retire, they'll stop contending right away, so I don't see why Bo would want to be there for their rebuild either. 

Bo is a rental. We should expect a rental return, and a low one at that, considering every team knows the position we're in with little to no leverage. 

8 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

NSH Would be #1 trade partner IMO because I can see Horvat agreeing to extension.

Ideal return:

Fedor Svechkov 

Dante Fabbro 

1st rd pick 

more likely: 

Colton Scissons 

Dante Fabbro

Philip Tomasino

in the middle

Svechkov 

Jusso Parssinen

Luke Prokop

Nice. Svechkov Podkolzin might be a great duo. Whats Prokops upside?

6 minutes ago, mll said:

It’s not helping them out it’s making a trade. They may be up against the cap this yesr but they essentially have their entire team locked up for awhile. All they have to do is trade Ekholm to alleviate the crunch  

58 minutes ago, billabong said:

One team that we keep hearing but I can’t wrap my head around “why?” Is Detroit. 

unless they give up assets for horvat to roll the dice on signing him and recoup those assets by flipping Larkin 

untouchables I’m guessing are Raymond seider and maybe hronek considering the season he is having. 

so what’s left?

kasper, edvinsson, Rasmussen, zadina, veleno and soberblom

To van: kasper, edvinsson, zadina 

to det: horvat 

Even with 2.750 retained on Bo, Detroit has to send cap back.

Detroit has pending UFA in Sundqvist and P.Suter 2.750 & 3.250.

***checked with capfriendly and says they will have 25 million in space come TDL, not sure how correct that is though.

Horvat as bait to ride shotgun with Larkin and get them both extended.

Horvat Larkin Raymond

Do not want Zadina, too many injuries thus far for the young fella.

Do not want Kaspar, GMJR stated they want NHL players on or just coming off of ELC. 

If GMJR can swing A package of Rasmussen 6"6, 220lbs, Soderblom 6"8 246lbs(THATS A HEFTY BOY) & Edvinsson 6"4, 200lbs.

I'd be over the moon. bigger, meaner and harder to play against

40 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

JR said that they would like to bring in young players that are in their ELC or just out of, that could use a fresh start. This, to me, means high drafted players that aren't panning out as expected (yet). 

DET for possibly Zadina+, Rasmussen+ or Veleno+

or CAR for Kotkaniemi+ 

or NYR for Kravtsov+, or Kakko+

Rasmussen, Soderblom & Edvinsson

Car doesn't need Horvat. Kotkaniemi injured Petey, He will not be a Canuck.

Pass on Kravtsov and his past issues. Kakko is on pace for his best season by far and is a Winger. Priorities are D/RHD & C

13 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Nailed it! Also Carolina ownership has been outspoken about not acquiring rentals for the playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Considering their first is now a top 10, think it’s off the table, but a deal around Kasper or Rasmussen could address our C need. They don’t have any significant RD I could find

They have 2 from the early rounds that I've checked out, not too sure on their availability though Detroit does have like 9 D prospects in the system from rounds 1-3.

Again, not what GMJR said he was looking for in trades.

4 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

It’s not helping them out it’s making a trade. They may be up against the cap this yesr but they essentially have their entire team locked up for awhile. All they have to do is trade Ekholm to alleviate the crunch  

Saw your proposal in the following post - that seems rather at odds with what Poile has been saying.  He keeps on talking of how they need their younger players to grab larger roles - they are too old as a team and know they need to get younger.   

8 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

If GMJR can swing A package of Rasmussen 6"6, 220lbs, Soderblom 6"8 246lbs(THATS A HEFTY BOY) & Edvinsson 6"4, 200lbs.

That's 2/3rds if their 3rd line that was for the first quarter of the season the highest scoring and hardest playing 3rd like in the league.  No chance they do it but GD....I like it

I have not heard of Demkos status or a follow up of his injury for quite some time ..

sort of unrelated to moving Horvat,.  But possibly not.

If J Eichel can move through a surgery ,.  Nothing is “home safe”.

anybody?

Demko Horvat 

Rasmussen Seider

Edited by SilentSam

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Zero.  1 for 1.  Both teams get a player that fits their timeline and cap situation better with a similar skillset.  Guys with Wright's draft pedigree aren't usually available at all in their D+1.

I would actually be pretty happy with a 1 for 1 for Wright and it does also help Seattle. However, Seattle only has 3.6M in deadline cap space so Vancouver would have to retain 2M on Horvat to make the cap work in a 1 for 1. 2M retention is probably worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

So, Wright + 2nd for Horvat + 2M retained.

• Like 1

Detroit interests me. 

I would Imagine it would have to be shaped like: Roster Player, Top Prospect, Prospect close to full time NHL

So lets go over some option:

Roster player:

Tyler Bertuzzi (extension) 

Michael Rassmussen

Robby Fabri

Dominik Kubalik

Pius Suter

Top Prospect:

Simon Edvisson (Lots of LD prospects and players) 

Marco Kasper (I Think he is untouchable) 

Sebastion Cossa (Might be an option if we look to move Demko too) 

Prospect close to Full Time NHL:

Joe Veleno 

Elmer Soderblom

William Wallinder

Personally I would want a Package to look like:

Michael Rasmussen+ Simon Edvisson+ Joe Veleno 

5 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Detroit interests me. 

I would Imagine it would have to be shaped like: Roster Player, Top Prospect, Prospect close to full time NHL

So lets go over some option:

Roster player:

Tyler Bertuzzi (extension) 

Michael Rassmussen

Robby Fabri

Dominik Kubalik

Pius Suter

Top Prospect:

Simon Edvisson (Lots of LD prospects and players) 

Marco Kasper (I Think he is untouchable) 

Sebastion Cossa (Might be an option if we look to move Demko too) 

Prospect close to Full Time NHL:

Joe Veleno 

Elmer Soderblom

William Wallinder

Personally I would want a Package to look like:

Michael Rasmussen+ Simon Edvisson+ Joe Veleno 

I think that with the best trade chip we've had in maybe the history of our franchise, we use it to acquire a position of need; RHD. 

• Upvote 1