The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Yup I believe Miller has the ability to drive a line while Horvat currently is doing what Boeser should be doing. 

Such an interesting observation.  I’ve wondered if Bo’s been miscast as a 2C. Aside from face-offs, his strengths scream complimentary scoring winger. Great net front presence, deflections, rebounds, PP bumper goals…he is what Brock should have been before accidents derailed his career. He’s not a playmaker. It’s why I’m okay with our ‘lowball offer.’ 

Edited by Kenny Powers

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Here's a bold statement. 

Miller will outperform Horvat from 2023 to 2028

I really see Tocchet transforming and building Miller to be a complete player. 

Miller definitely has more skill and physicality than Horvat. If he can become a solid 2 way player, we'll be happy we kept the right guy

You may have something there. Good point. 

38 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

gunna mis BoHo, hopefully we get a ransom and hopefully they get bo to teach the rest of the guys how to take a faceoff, other wise we gunna lose everydraw.

Ya it’s tough.

Chytil, Lundkvist, 1st and trade Nils for a 1st 

more frustersting seeing how good Chytil has been, that Nils got a 1st Round pick in trade 

And then having:

Bo and Kuzmenko resigned with 2 extra first round picks in draft capital sounds great to me

but oh well

• Cheers 3

46 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

gunna mis BoHo, hopefully we get a ransom and hopefully they get bo to teach the rest of the guys how to take a faceoff, other wise we gunna lose everydraw.

Bo ain’t going nowhere.  He will extend with us before the TDL.  Our owner has never allowed a key core guy (while young and in his prime) to be traded, especially at a TDL.  Yup coming Bo extension.

• There it is 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bo ain’t going nowhere.  He will extend with us before the TDL.  Our owner has never allowed a key core guy (while young and in his prime) to be traded, especially at a TDL.  Yup coming Bo extension.

One of the two will be traded, can’t have 3 guys: miller, Bo, Petey(contract coming up) earning that kind of cash… spells cap trouble. Especially when the d needs a rehaul.

Edited by Pbhatti00

2 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Oh man no i LOVE this deal.

Top-4 defenseman and Lysell? + a potential reclamation project?

Sign it immediately in my opinion. 

An undersized winger who had an absolutely amazing World Juniors putting up 0 points.

A RHD with some serious concussion problems.

Ya, sign it immediately if you’re the Bruins…

• There it is 1

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Here's a bold statement. 

Miller will outperform Horvat from 2023 to 2028

I really see Tocchet transforming and building Miller to be a complete player. 

Miller definitely has more skill and physicality than Horvat. If he can become a solid 2 way player, we'll be happy we kept the right guy

I don’t think that’s a bold statement. I thinks it’s an accurate statement. No disrespect to Bo, but I have a hard time seeing him doing this again.

• There it is 1

22 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Ya it’s tough.

Chytil, Lundkvist, 1st and trade Nils for a 1st 

more frustersting seeing how good Chytil has been, that Nils got a 1st Round pick in trade 

And then having:

Bo and Kuzmenko resigned with 2 extra first round picks in draft capital sounds great to me

but oh well

NL plays for Dallas and is playing quite well

14 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

One of the two will be traded, can’t have 3 guys: miller, Bo, Petey(contract coming up) earning that kind of cash… spells cap trouble. Especially when the d needs a rehaul.

The key core players on teams make the majority of the cap allocation.  

Demko = 5

Hughes = 7.5

Miller = 8

Bo = 7.5

Petey = 10.5

Total = 38.5

Thats actually a very good number for a team’s top 5 guys. 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Not sold on Lysell as a top prospect.

The deals only a good deal if the prospect turns into a player.

Not convinced at this point.

i dont want lysell.. he looked terrible in the WJC.. and also ejected for check to the head.. last thing we need is more wingers and swedes.. we trying to be team sweden? 2 EP karlsson the kid we drafted last season with all the head injuries.. OEL.. and add lysell? no thx.. and a defenceman that already have 5 concussion in 400 games?? if u guys not worried about the concussion? i'll take byram then thx.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Was a little concerned in last night's game, when Horvat got hit on the knee, looked like he was in pain going to the bench. Trade him now.

He's totally gonna get injured before we can trade him :blush:

• Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The key core players on teams make the majority of the cap allocation.  

Demko = 5

Hughes = 7.5

Miller = 8

Bo = 7.5

Petey = 10.5

Total = 38.5

Thats actually a very good number for a team’s top 5 guys. 

Current state of the roster it would be yes, but the problem is they aren't winning with that and it's  hard to add players to round out the team. Alternative is to wait things out until contracts expire, cap goes up to fill out the roster. Or, dump guys like boeser  garland  at retained salary to create cap to fill the roster (not ideal given how low value they bring back in a trade) .

• Like 1

Just now, Pbhatti00 said:

Current state of the roster it would be yes, but the problem is they aren't winning with that and it's  hard to add players to round out the team. Alternative is to wait things out until contracts expire, cap goes up to fill out the roster. Or, dump guys like boeser  garland  at retained salary to create cap to fill the roster (not ideal given how low value they bring back in a trade) .

IMHAO our owner has directed management to retool, which means to change the supporting group but keep all the core guys.  So I see Aquilini thinking this management can do now what Gillis did so great a job doing when he built around Hank, Danny, Kes, Eddy, and Lou.  Could it work again? 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

NL plays for Dallas and is playing quite well

Ya hes not been bad we could have had him or a 1st round pick for him.

Regardless trade would been a huge win for us and let us Keep Horvat and Kuzmenko. 

Im living in the past with this clearly need to move on

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1