The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

LE definately played well together with Pearson and Horvat. 

If he had a better coach than Green it would have been much different for him. 

As you probably remember Loui was the first to show how bad Green was. 

Later many players seem to have problems with Greens coaching strategies. 

Please tell me you're joking....please.  If not, where should we send the ambulance?!!!  Or is tequilla involved and you'll be fine in the morning?

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 8/12/2022 at 11:18 PM, Timråfan said:

LE definately played well together with Pearson and Horvat. 

If he had a better coach than Green it would have been much different for him. 

As you probably remember Loui was the first to show how bad Green was. 

Later many players seem to have problems with Greens coaching strategies. 

Louie just fell off a cliff once he signed here. I know you don't want to admit it but he was given plenty of chances during his first year and even into his second year here and he just didn't have it anymore. 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

Louie just fell off a cliff once he signed here. I know you don't want to admit it but he was given plenty of chances during his first year and even into his second year here and he just didn't have it anymore. 

He lost his confidence and he never regained it.

But he still had his hockey iq, the small bit that Virtanen didn’t have. Virtanen with Louis brain would have been a monster ::D
Hence he was good at reading play and mostly covered for his linemates. 
As many said before… If he had cost 2 mill per year no one would have said anything. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

He lost his confidence and he never regained it.

But he still had his hockey iq, the small bit that Virtanen didn’t have. Virtanen with Louis brain would have been a monster ::D
Hence he was good at reading play and mostly covered for his linemates. 
As many said before… If he had cost 2 mill per year no one would have said anything. 

But he didn’t cost 2 mill per year. He was paid the big bucks and couldn’t live up to the expectations. Also scoring a bunch of empty net goals with Pearson and Horvat isn’t all that impressive.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

But he didn’t cost 2 mill per year. He was paid the big bucks and couldn’t live up to the expectations. Also scoring a bunch of empty net goals with Pearson and Horvat isn’t all that impressive.

I think the bit when that line held of the other teams big guns was important  also.

Remember that Loui had lousy coaches that didn't know how to use him. 

BBs attacking suis Loui better so if we got BB fsix years ago Benning and Loui would have saved their careers. 

11 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I think the bit when that line held of the other teams big guns was important  also.

BBs attacking suis Loui better so if we got BB fsix years ago Benning and Loui would have saved their careers. 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I don’t think you even believe that.

Loui declined, end of story. He’s not built for the modern NHL.

Blaming a coach for poor play is fine when you are talking about a young star needing guidance......not for a veteran making $6M/yr.  

In all fairness to JB, nobody knew how atrocious that deal would be.  Everyone thought it was a bit expensive, but assumed there would be some significant value.  Not to say JB doesn't deserve to own it though.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1