The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

3 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Not looking for picks in this draft if fckng stupid and short-sighted.

We are talking about next years draft with the 7M open cap on the OEL buyout. Regardless of what they “say”. It’s what they do. We will see how they stockpile futures. The big one is the Bo trade. If they don’t get a 1st as part of that package, I will be pissed. Like you say, this years draft is one of the most talked about in years (not just Bedard).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

But of course! Solve the problem through free agency, that's never backfired before.

I disagree, I don't think there is. Guess we'll find out before March 3rd.

What team ever really is going to let their dmen walk in free agency? It never happens. Usually it's the type of dmen we have already. I guess people just want to believe impact dmen make it to free agency.

Is there a trade freeze during the all star break? I imagine there will be a lot of discussion during this time period. Hopefully Bo is traded sooner than later so we get that top 5 pick. I’m really concerned about us moving up in the standings….

Edited by grandmaster

12 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What team ever really is going to let their dmen walk in free agency? It never happens. Usually it's the type of dmen we have already. I guess people just want to believe impact dmen make it to free agency.

I mean AP, Karlsson.... It does happen. But it's not generally the best route to go.

I'm praying in a 2-3 years once we're done "retooling", BOS realizes it's time to rebuild and we trade for McAvoy :lol:

Until then, we need to start actually drafting RD in the first couple rounds and hope one develops in to a top 4 D, while we keep filling in with short term UFA, unsigned college/Euro, and trades etc to try and find something that works. 

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Is there a trade freeze during the all star break? I imagine there will be a lot of discussion during this time period. Hopefully Bo is traded sooner than later so we get that top 5 pick. I’m really concerned about us moving up in the standings….

No freeze, but trades are "frowned upon"

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I kinda hope they sign him just to throw a wrench into everyone's projections, it'd be funny 

It would be hilarious. I've accepted there is almost no way this re-tool is successful without drafting Bedard, so it doesn't matter to me. Might as well just enjoy the chaos.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I never said anything about keeping Horvat. He will be traded prior to the TDL…

Oh, well you can see my confusion since you jumped into a conversation I was having with someone who was saying Bo shouldn't be traded. My bad.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Huggy Bear 1

32 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yup, let's overhaul with Dumba and Severson. That'll do it! We all know how well Myers worked.

Edited by Shayster007

42 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

We are talking about next years draft with the 7M open cap on the OEL buyout. Regardless of what they “say”. It’s what they do. We will see how they stockpile futures. The big one is the Bo trade. If they don’t get a 1st as part of that package, I will be pissed. Like you say, this years draft is one of the most talked about in years (not just Bedard).

This coming draft is definitely the year to stock up on 1sts.  Supposedly deep like the year when Kesler was drafted.  Almost all 1st rounders were bonafide NHLers.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I mean AP, Karlsson.... It does happen. But it's not generally the best route to go.

I'm praying in a 2-3 years once we're done "retooling", BOS realizes it's time to rebuild and we trade for McAvoy :lol:

Until then, we need to start actually drafting RD in the first couple rounds and hope one develops in to a top 4 D, while we keep filling in with short term UFA, unsigned college/Euro, and trades etc to try and find something that works. 

I would see if we could get a package together for Bichsel from Dallas. They are in a win now mode. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

No freeze, but trades are "frowned upon"

It would be hilarious. I've accepted there is almost no way this re-tool is successful without drafting Bedard, so it doesn't matter to me. Might as well just enjoy the chaos.

At the end of the day I'm here to be entertained, it's why I've mostly been laughing at the Canucks when they play the past season and a half 

It's also why I root for them to lose, at least being bad gives you a better shot at drafting players who might actually make a difference 

I don't think we'll get Bedard, that's me taking the piss, but a top five pick would be better than drafting at thirteen 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

If iremember, there no is no trade freeze during the all star break.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I would see if we could get a package together for Bichsel from Dallas. They are in a win now mode. 

Doubt that dallas is gonna do too much atm until they figure out what the heck is happening at bally sports. Bichsel or Harley would be nice gets though.

3 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Does Mikheyev’s injury have any bearing on our cap situation? Wondering if this creates more options for taking on expiring contracts

We could theoretically but it would have to depend on the deal and what the nhl is gonna project the cap is gonna be after the bally sports fallout.

9 minutes ago, Isam said:

Doubt that dallas is gonna do too much atm until they figure out what the heck is happening at bally sports. Bichsel or Harley would be nice gets though.

That affects directly half of the US teams - it's going to impact the whole league. 

39 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I kinda hope they sign him just to throw a wrench into everyone's projections, it'd be funny 

I wonder if there's any chance at moving him for a good package and then circling back around in the summer as UFA

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We've literally done it 7 or 8 times in the last decade or so.

Mitchell

Ehrhoff

Hamhuis

Edler

Tanev

Hutton

Stretcher.

Arguably a few if those are more depth than anything but we've absolutely allowed any number of quality D to just walk for little to no reason

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

We've literally done it 7 or 8 times in the last decade or so.

Mitchell

Ehrhoff

Hamhuis

Edler

Tanev

Hutton

Stretcher.

Arguably a few if those are more depth than anything but we've absolutely allowed any number of quality D to just walk for little to no reason

Always said if you aren’t gonna re-sign then trade at the TDL to get something. Jovo would have gotten us a massive haul as well (if we go a bit more in the past)

Edited by grandmaster
  • Vintage 1