The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Let's not panic.  Although we're not in as good a position as the Kraken, we still have a 1 in 25 chance of making the playoffs!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-nhl-predictions/?cid=rrpromo

image.png.0e1ac38196d61cf4267675418b779971.png

Of the teams listed: most are rebuilding or tanking, two are forever rebuilding (Buf & Ott; and would had included Arizona but they are openly, rebuilding) and one team, spent in the offseason to make the playoffs - take a guess...

4 hours ago, ey40 said:

It’s getting to a point that I feel bad for Green. I mean how could you do your job knowing that you are on the hot seat, but the owner just refuses to fire you?

Why ?   He is not a kid; he is getting paid alot of $ and he was able to get a 2yr extension despite his mediocre record.  If anything else, I feel bad for JB cause he spent alot in: cap space & assets, to give Green a deeper roster - plus, a baffling two year extension.  JB, bought the Green hype; but gambled on the wrong horse - with hindsight....

9 minutes ago, x00x said:

canucks will win monday, prolonging this agony of a coaching staff ...:( wish they just fire em, make the assistant as interm till end of season, and than find a whole new team, otherwise nothing will change

If they win Monday  Oprah Winfrey will buy us all Teslas

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

Dark times ?

Hundreds of millions of people are starving in the world.

Millions are homeless even in our cities in the "developed" countries and people get so upset about a hockey team that hasn't lived up to expectations.

I wonder if you apply this logic to everything in your life.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Vancan2021 said:

Appreciate what your saying but this is a Vancouver Canucks fan page. Not save our planet. 

Yes Pettersons problems are meaningless compared to world issues, but this is our way to get away from it all and laugh, cheer, yell n cry. 

Time and place for everything. 

I was very privileged to be a semi- professional athlete so it pisses me off to see people who very probably have never put 100 percent into anything in their lives,people like this are rare,bag out guys that have.

I get that people feel passionately about our team,so do I  however some of the crap I read,posters really demeaning our players and staff sickens me and lessens them.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

Dark times ?

Hundreds of millions of people are starving in the world.

Millions are homeless even in our cities in the "developed" countries and people get so upset about a hockey team that hasn't lived up to expectations.

Sigh.

Imagine if that passion was funneled into solving real problems. 

I love hockey and love the Canucks however they are just a hockey team and it is just a sport.

So on that note why are you wasting time posting on here?

Practice what you preach and go out and do some good in the world. :)

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wonder if you apply this logic to everything in your life.

I apply 100 percent into everything I do.

Skiing,riding my bikes,growing flowers and being a good person.

That's what drives me to be better than I am.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

So on that note why are you wasting time posting on here?

Practice what you preach and go out and do some good in the world. :)

If you know my posting history you would know that I do.

I am mainly on this board for the fantasy hockey league I participate in and some good discussion in the off topic section.

There are some highly intelligent,good hearted people there.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I apply 100 percent into everything I do.

Skiing,riding my bikes,growing flowers and being a good person.

That's what drives me to be better than I am.

Then, considering that pretty much anything you've ever gone through is likely trivial next to the issues of poverty and starvation affecting the entire world, I guess it's safe to assume that you've never been upset by anything less than that, right?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AC30 said:

We need to go on a losing streak... 

just kill this season 

Basically , im just shocked the flames doing so well, and markstrom is having an amazing year thus far, shows how a coach like sutter can make things happen.

Losing streak, and people not going to home games will force aqua's hand

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It’s a fitting end to Bennings tenure really.

Started out with a horrible Kesler trade and whiffing on Ehlers and Nylander for Virtanen.

Ends it with a franchise worst start to a season and leaving the team with no quality prospects and core players who are shells of themselves.

Thanks Jim, for building our franchise up from nothing into nothing, and having nothing to show for it.

If things play out as you would expect after this disasterous road trip, Green and Benning should be TERMINATED THIS WEEK.   

THEN THE PAIN & SUFFERING WILL FINALLY END AFTER 8 - 1/2 LONG EXCRUCIATING YEARS !

Edited by RU SERIOUS

32 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Then, considering that pretty much anything you've ever gone through is likely trivial next to the issues of poverty and starvation affecting the entire world, I guess it's safe to assume that you've never been upset by anything less than that, right?

Does watching a kid I grew up with die on the football field while we were playing a game of footy when I was 14 qualify as enough suffering for you ?

Does watching one of my friends dangling from the rope he hung himself with 2 weeks before our joint 21st birthday party qualify as enough suffering for you ?

Losing  many friends to suicide over the period of my life qualify as enough suffering for you ?

You are so glib behind your keyboard mocking others.

• Huggy Bear 1