The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Nov. 29, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, longsuffering said:

Smart... this time he went blocker side as Allan slid to his left where Petey usually fired it.

I noticed that too.

You gotta switch it up sometimes. They all know his favourite spot is between ear and the glove.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

What were the shots tonight?  40 to 30 for us?  Demko was fine, but it was another game where we absolutely outplayed the other team, and he only needed to be decent for us to win.  

Ummm...what? We only scored two goals despite 40 shots. It required Demko to be far better than decent. :sadno:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canuck4digits said:

So people are supposed to be happy with 1 win in 10? 

A fan who watches the game on tv and buys merch, or the season ticket holder has to 100% know that their $ is as good as gone...the team can do whatever they want, they can sit on their ass and meddle like they are now and we have to accept it. Yes, it sucks but it is out of our control at the end of the day. Sad part is, all of us who do that are showing passion/caring...something the owners seem to have none of!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, danjr said:

Pretty pathetic when an early evening game garners only 11 pages on the forum.
They are 1-1 in the second set of 21 games.  So I am still watching.  Lets see if they can complete this next 19 at the same ratio or better.  21 games at a time boys, 21 games at a time...

Losing brings more of the angry mob out.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Vintage 1

It's been good to see the Canucks play better over the last few games and win tonight.  The improvement convinces me that this could still be a decent team in the hands of a new coach and GM.  But last season and the start of this one have been nothing short of emotional abuse for fans and the players too (by the look of it).  So I watch with a bit more distance than usual, even though I still watch.  Go Canucks Go.

• Upvote 1

Canucks did just enough to deserve to win this game, but they made a huge number of mistakes which could have cost them... but Demko bailed them out.

Hey Afflives... hope you watched this game and realize your dumping on Demko is nonsense.  He was the best player on the ice this game and has been for a lot of games this year.

Good to see Pettersson get a goal, he also played well defensively, he saved a breakaway and likely goal in the second period when he covered for a missing defenseman and skated hard to back check Evans.  Too bad Green is giving him no respect... he didn't play in the last 5 minutes that I saw and only had 13:00 in the entire game... plus he is still playing on a line with Podkolzin and Dowling... someone more offensive should be playing with him and Podz.

Another good analysis which was mentioned in the game was where Pettersson's shots are coming from... most from the right face off circle... that is a clear indicator of what is wrong with the PP... because every team in the league knows he will shoot from there because that is where the Canucks' PP coach is anchoring him.  The colour guy in the game mentioned how after the first goal, the Canadians defense was focused on denying him a shot... so he never got another sniff at a one timer.  He should be moving around... confusing the defense.... playing sometimes behind the net, sometimes in the high slot, and yes, sometimes on the right faceoff circle.  But this PP needs movement or this goal by Pettersson will be another blip on the track record of failure.

Another reason the Canucks won:

Motte on his own is resurrecting the Canucks PK from the depths of hell... and what he is doing is being aggressive... he attacks the puck carrier both in the neutral zone, and at the blue line... giving them zero space.  And he is inspiring Horvat and Miller to do the same thing... the whole PK was far more aggressive and it showed... the Canucks gave up no PP goals.  This is not rocket science... all good PK's do this... instead of what the Canucks' typically have been doing this year, i.e. letting the opposition PP cruise through the neutral zone and across the blue line with zero interference.

Canucks were still lucky to win this one, they gave up way too many chances and made a lot of dumb plays.  Fortunately Montreal made more and Demko was a stud.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2