4 minutes ago, Nave said:

Best game of the season.
Hughes is special.

Hughes is special

funny thing is I didn't really notice him

I noticed Garland, Miller and Schenn

But like other special players Hughes just quietly put up 4 points

27 minutes ago, Vancan2021 said:

Motte is not quite there but a close second. 

Obviously having a few superstars helps, but a mix is just as important. I'd be interested to see a Garland, Motte, Dorsett, Ferland in primes on this team. Nothing beats pure talent, but 110% effort always, and heart is contagious. 

Well I still remember his goals again Vegas so I know he has a lot more skill to be tapped.. that left wing goal was much like CoHo on Tim Thomas.. what a rocket, my jaw dropped and it reminded of that

As I said earlier, the current 4th line of Motte/Chiasson/Dickenson is currently a writeoff.

Motte is a great player, but he can't make up for Dickinson wandering around the ice like some half deflated balloon and Chiasson doing next to nothing 5 on 5 except take bad penalties.

The fact Chiasson scored on the PP against Ottawa is not a recomendation, he was gifted that goal, anyone on the team could have put it in... and doesn't excuse his 4th line play.

The 4th line was the only Canucks line which Ottawa got any traction against, and it was scored on again.  Demko had to bail it out multiple times.

Management has decimated the resources it had in Abby by allowing them to be snapped up by other teams... but guys like Danila Klimovich should be given a chance to show what they can do.

He is a decent skater, with reasonable size, and could be a fit.  Justin Bailey should also be given another chance.

But what is really needed is for management to go shopping in Europe and find some free agents who could fit this role.

Right now the situation is horrible... other teams just feast on this line.  Maybe its just the coaching, but as it stands, this is the worst 4th line in 10 years.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Forget about OEL for a minute. Is there anyone here who wouldn’t trade Dylan Guenther, a 2022 2nd and a 2023 7th for Conor Garland straight up? Currently on pace for 60 points, is a bonafide $&!# disturber pest that destabilizes our opponents and we’ve got him locked up for 5 years at $5m per season. He’s like our new Burrows, but with added elite skating ability and better offensive skills.

same with Miller... what a steal! JB pulled larceny on that, the reason I was so shocked and shaking my head after JB went and got us what he said he would, a top 6 and he rocked it out of the park, I was almost giddy when I saw that trade make the news and then the media tearing into it, morons, then people believing it..  ugh lol  and at how much the price tag was opposed to a 1st round that may or may not have been any good, but at JT's cap.. wow..  :)

my next thought, go Klim go! same type of player but a whole other level..  people are going to be shocked next season...

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1

I checked the score and was pleasantly surprised that we won by four &^@#ing goals

6-2? 

Wow. I guess this was the offensive outburst the team was waiting for, and we are now just 6 games below .500. Maybe this season is "salvageable", but I still think we miss the playoffs. How did Petey play? What about Brock? Did he get a point? Bo? 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I checked the score and was pleasantly surprised that we won by four &^@#ing goals

6-2? 

Wow. I guess this was the offensive outburst the team was waiting for, and we are now just 6 games below .500. Maybe this season is "salvageable", but I still think we miss the playoffs. How did Petey play? What about Brock? Did he get a point? Bo? 

Bo scored a beuty. Hugh's 4pts. Demko was Demko. Miller scored a goal that rivels anything McDavid has done. 

Scheen played great so everyone now loves him.

Petty and Brock were noticable I guess. 

Garland still kicks ass almost every shift.

Long story short played ok. 

34 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

I know I saw that sign.. I bet the haters just cringed and frowned like lil girls... much like usual

29 minutes ago, lmm said:

you are a bit of a sexist

27 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

ok well go cry in the corner then, anyone can do it, it's hardly sexist... edit: ya troll...

24 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

so you're going to be that person are you?

21 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

that's the best card he has...  he comes and trolls..  

I’m going to jump in here. This post probably is not going to go over well with anyone on any side so feel free to downvote away. I want to say it anyways.

There are some changes that have happened in our society over the decades. I remember in high school saying anything bad or negative or that I disliked was gay. Literally all my classmates and friends said it in daily conversation for a long time, even the gay/lgbt ones did so! Then we decided that using the word gay as a negative framing wasn’t needed and caused harm to the lgbt community, so we stopped saying it. It wasn’t intentional homophobia, it was just a part of our growing up culture and it was hard to stop doing it.

I don’t think you’re a sexist person. You likely have daughters, granddaughters and/or nieces whom you care deeply about and want the best in life for. There was a generation prior to the “that’s so gay” negative framing one that would frame weakness as being girls/girly. It was pretty much used every day in our culture and communities for many decades. Only recently have we started to look at what we’re saying and seeing if we can do better then what we have said in the past.

I’m also positive you’d agree with me that women are capable of doing any job men can do. When you use that type of framing comparing weakness to being a girl it’s just something we as a society have decided to try to move on from. It hurts the image of what people think of women and creates obstacles to their futures. It’s not intentional, it’s just something that was said before and is a hard habit to break. I’m not going to police what you say, continue using this type of phrasing if you feel it necessary, but I will ask a question for you to ponder this one time if you don’t mind.

Think of the important girls/women in your life. How would you feel if someone called them weak or told them they couldn’t do x because they’re a girl? What if they were passed over for a job because of their gender? What if they wanted to be a welder or iron worker or police officer and someone told them they couldn’t because they’re female, I’d imagine you’d be upset right? If not then ignore this post completely. If so though I ask you to consider trying to use other comparisons for weakness in the future like McWhiner or the Maple Laffs (doesn’t have to be these, they just popped into my head when thinking of weakness hehe) that don’t do unintentional harm to women.

Regardless I appreciate you taking the time to read and/or respond if you choose to do so. There’s a lot of yelling and accusations when it comes to sensitive issues that people may not agree on, so I prefer dialogue to that. Hope your night is well after a much needed Canucks win!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

same with Miller... what a steal! JB pulled larceny on that, the reason I was so shocked and shaking my head after JB went and got us what he said he would, a top 6 and he rocked it out of the park, I was almost giddy when I saw that trade make the news and then the media tearing into it, morons, then people believing it..  ugh lol  and at how much the price tag was opposed to a 1st round that may or may not have been any good, but at JT's cap.. wow..  :)

my next thought, go Klim go! same type of player but a whole other level..  people are going to be shocked next season...

Agreed. They’re the best two trades JB has made by far.

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Because if they didn't win against the Sen, they would be pretty pathetic.

Hey, it's okay to enjoy a win.  

Don't worry, you'll have the other 364 days of the year for negative takes ;) 

2 minutes ago, Jetliner said:

Ah Canucks doing everything wrong again.  Win 2 games to feel like we are a contender. Gonna finished bottom 10 again this year instead of tanking for a top 3 pick.

rinse and repeat. Fk this

Tanking to a bottom 3 position would spoil so much of the talent that we have on this team.  

It would mean that Petey, Brock, Bo, Hoglander, Podz and Garland never get to clicking and playing well this year.  It's not worth changing your odds by a few percentage points.  

Worst team gets a significant chance at 1st overall, and then the odds plummet.  Ain't nobody beating Arizona to that worst overall this year.  

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Tanking to a bottom 3 position would spoil so much of the talent that we have on this team.  

It would mean that Petey, Brock, Bo, Hoglander, Podz and Garland never get to clicking and playing well this year.  It's not worth changing your odds by a few percentage points.  

Worst team gets a significant chance at 1st overall, and then the odds plummet.  Ain't nobody beating Arizona to that worst overall this year.  

We are no way as bad as out record suggest. 

I'm guessing at the end of the season they will be above 500 but not good enough for a playoff spot. 

I'd bank on a 12-15 1st round pick.