The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Dec. 01, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Playoffs folks? It would be one hell of a turnaround if Green is able to steer this team into the postseason after a horrific start to the year. I’ve always been a Green supporter but obviously not when this team performs poorly. What a night though. Huggy Bear with 4 apples. Miller registered a goal and 2 assists. Schenn scored his 1st as a Canuck. Many more to come. Pearson, Motte, Bo and Chiasson all got on the board too. Demko shut the door once more. Hope we keep it going! GCG!

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Lol.  Ask yourself why post this? What are you trying to accomplish?

Team has been down and out.  How about just enjoy the win and a great play by a great player?

Ya baby

Sbhenner!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Sure enjoy it. It’s great but this organization standards are so low that fans are just ok when we get a win. You should want change to get things rolling. We are already behind teams who started their rebuilds after us. Two wins bother me because we have seen this story. It’s the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over (Benning being here) and expecting different results. As fans we should be holding the ownership to a higher standard. Sorry to be negative but I want a higher standard set for this organization. 

None of that means we can’t enjoy a win. 

1CFFC92D-D2CD-447D-8767-756F9F700699.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Our no name defense comes through, even Hughes was good on D. Hughes and Schenn know how to play off each other. Burr and Pool with some good play, OEL same old steady game. Ham will slot back in over Burr or Pool because Schenn adds much needed toughness, he challenged Tchuk early on, out muscled their two 6'4" forwards and took them to task. Schenn is our only answer to that fracas in our crease. 

Hamonic will add more strength too. 

Note: We need our trainers to outfit Poolman, Schenn, Myers, Dickinson, Burr, Dowling, and Motte with beefed up shin pads like Tanev got, for shot blocking. One thing we're missing on the pk. Our pk needs to sacrifice their bodies more on the pk. But they need added protection. 

12 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Lol.  Ask yourself why post this? What are you trying to accomplish?

Team has been down and out.  How about just enjoy the win and a great play by a great player?

I like guys that compete in tie games.

Nothing pisses me off more than padding stats.

JT isn't that guy but you get it.

30 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya and then they face Pittsburgh and LA who are also not world beaters at this point. It’s hard to really say it’s amazing when the competition isn’t the greatest. I still don’t see what winning does for this team at this point. I think it just gives the organization false hope. Our goal is to get to .500. Lowered expectations much. It will be frustrating if they play well and miss the playoffs and the ownership again is ok with it because they made it close to making the playoffs. I still think Benning has got to go and Green as well. After the next two we will see what real team shows up.

Well isn't the point to win? People are so obsessed with getting a high pick that it's either be a cup Contender or tank.

Unless you guys want a complete rebuild next summers pick will have little influence on what this core does.

The best possible outcome for this team is to start winning regularly with the players we have not through the draft unless you want to gut the team and watch the core walk while wasting Quinn, Hogs, Petey, etc etc.

I don't think Benning or TG survive without making the playoffs but if this team somehow plays to the level we expect anythings possible in the pacific. 

The absolute worst thing would be trading the core because of a bad 20 games, I think they will get it together keeping in mind the amount of new faces and the fact most are 24 and under.

Maybe people are right and it's a coaching thing and if they don't go on a massive run we probably get to see if that's the case.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1