The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 10, 2021 Winnipeg Jets (13-9-2-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (10-15-1-1) at 7:00 pm on SportsNet.

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Now's the time when you see what a good coach can really do with a defence as thin as this. OEL and Hamonic out, a 3rd pairing of all-AHLers and Schenn essentially on our top pairing when he was a 6-7th defenceman for the last few years.

Let's hope our team play and defence is strong enough to help them out and of course we need Demko on his A-game. I worry about the PK really because we're going to end up with someone like Hunt out there for a while with two of our best PKers out. Hughes is going to log 25-28 minutes with ease.

It's not a must-win game but boy would a 3 game winning streak be huge for this team, especially going into the next one against Carolina. This is a chance for a bit of a statement game to show the league how good we really are now we've shedded the dead weight coaches.

5-3 Canucks.

12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

That defence tonight.  Woof.  

Quinn could play 35 minutes tonight.

Yeah that D is just disgustingly weak. I guess another reason for Benning to be fired. If only he had hold on to Tanev. Schenn is also a first pairing D man now lol. I hope they can win but without Hamonic and OEL, doesnt look good at all.

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Now's the time when you see what a good coach can really do with a defence as thin as this. OEL and Hamonic out, a 3rd pairing of all-AHLers and Schenn essentially on our top pairing when he was a 6-7th defenceman for the last few years.

Let's hope our team play and defence is strong enough to help them out and of course we need Demko on his A-game. I worry about the PK really because we're going to end up with someone like Hunt out there for a while with two of our best PKers out. Hughes is going to log 25-28 minutes with ease.

It's not a must-win game but boy would a 3 game winning streak be huge for this team, especially going into the next one against Carolina. This is a chance for a bit of a statement game to show the league how good we really are now we've shedded the dead weight coaches.

5-3 Canucks.

I would hope canucks push offensively and keep the puck in the offensive zone as much as possible 

10 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I would hope canucks push offensively and keep the puck in the offensive zone as much as possible 

Hopefully this tactic of Bruce works, but I'm hoping our forwards really help clog up the neutral zone most importantly - that's where we can really help our weak D out - by stealing pucks, turnovers and preventing other teams from even dumping it deep or crossing our blueline. 

1 minute ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

"Why do we let the opposition into our zone at all?"

- Bruce "There it is" Boudreau

So true, if you have slow poke defense that are weak defensively, why do the Canucks want to expose that by inviting the opposition into the defensive zone? The biggest mistake Green and Bummer made, having everyone back instead of pushing forward.

4 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

I for one had no real issue with Benning. Yeah he made some bad deals, but he redeemed himself with this offseason.

Even the Tanev & Toffoli situations I can understand. 

Felt like he put together a much better roster than people gave him credit for, and Green + Baumer's inability to coach effectively cost JB the job. 

He was 2-3 pieces away from a contender imo (mostly on the back end)

One big flaw for Benning was inability to make the defense good and he wasnt able to do that even with Tanev then we got worst after letting Tanev go. His inability to make ua better defensively was his downfall along with hiring bad coaches.

Edited by DefCon1