The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 10, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Anyone else watching the Carolina - Edmonton game? Even McDavid looks slow compared to the Hurricane speedsters. 

I'm a masochist, so haven't edited my prediction,  but even if it's the Canes' second game in 2 nights, our work is going to be cut out for us just to keep up.  Seth Jarvis is a gem (13th OA in 2020)

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Anyone else watching the Carolina - Edmonton game? Even McDavid looks slow compared to the Hurricane speedsters. 

I'm a masochist, so haven't edited my prediction,  but even if it's the Canes' second game in 2 nights, our work is going to be cut out for us just to keep up.  Seth Jarvis is a gem (13th OA in 2020)

Carolina is as fast as advertised, scary fast. Slavin has to be one of the top d this year. Canes fans are really liking Chatfield since he got called up.

27 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Yep.  Should be a good test for the Canucks and the Boudreau Bump.

We've won five of the last six games.  But, in terms of position in the league by points percentage, #25 Vancouver has beaten #31 Montreal, #30 Ottawa, #21 LA, #14 Boston and #18 Winnipeg.

So we've beated three teams that are in the bottom twelve and two teams that are in the middle of the pack in the League.

Carolina is #4 in the league by point percentage. 

Let's see how we do against one of the top teams in the league. 

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

We've won five of the last six games.  But, in terms of position in the league by points percentage, #25 Vancouver has beaten #31 Montreal, #30 Ottawa, #21 LA, #14 Boston and #18 Winnipeg.

So we've beated three teams that are in the bottom twelve and two teams that are in the middle of the pack in the League.

LA, Winnipeg and Carolina all played us on their 2nd of back to back. We should be winning those games. I like our chances against the canes simply because they are playing 4th game in 6 nights. We should come out flying.

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Demko played great, but you do realize we had more high danger chances for than against in those wins, right?  Against the Pig we had 16 to their 11.  Demko did what he’s supposed to do, and that’s win his matchup.  

Yes. Demko was awesome but like you mentioned, we out chanced them and also hit a lot of posts. 

Imagine those went in. It could have been over in regulation 

We deserved the 2 points last night and Demko was spectacular. We can have both. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Missing 2 out of top 4D is a big loss but i am hoping the boys bring it tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Carolina is a very good team... with the demise this season of the Islanders, they look very good to come out of this division in the post season.

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I have the best plan. 

Contract year for our big guys, hire Green and lower everyone's value and then fire Green and win the cup. 

Its already happened... the contracts are always based on production... what with the bottom falling out for many of the team's stars this year, we will be paying less for them.

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

Yup! If Ottawa can beat and shut of Tampa Bay what's Carolina on a back to back!  Just 2 man cover aho 

23 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Let's not build up these Toilet-canes tooo much. Let Dougie waltz out the door, & chased after goofy Kotka.

Their childish antics after home W's must eat at their very souls..poor lil' urchins.

The Canes are a bit of an enigma. And personally I think they get overrated when it comes to their defense and overlooked a bit offensively. Their GM and PR staff are clearly Bush league, I mean I hate the Habs more then any team except the Oilers but that trade was clearly done by a GM  or owner or both who are/is petty and suffers from small penis syndrome.

Kotka at 6 million nevermind the assets lost that could have been used at the deadline and all the trolling that came with it, imagine if an actual hockey market GM like Benning had done that. The guy has like 8 points and is getting 6 mins a night, complete miss that everyone saw coming.

The team has 2 great D in Slavin and Pesce but also have Bear, Chatfield Cole, Skeji not exactly fear inducing. Freddy is a good goalie that has been lights out, he should get the praise not their dcore.

Rannta in net tomorrow, I think we have a good chance to pull out a win. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Lol it actually happened!

Beagle scored for the Coyotes with assists to Erik$$on and Roussel!

Worst trade in Canucks history! Can’t believe Benning traded three star players.! No wonder he’s fired.

there is much more to the trade than the three players mentioned. There are cap implications and draft picks involved. Canucks are going to chew on the OEL contract for at least 2-3 years. Trading away a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick is also going to hurt this team going forward.

Assessing this trade by the three players traded way is shortsighted.

Travis Green and Jim Benning wished they had a right handed 4C like Beagle who can win FO and kill penalties. Is Beagle better than Lammikko? Is Beagle better than Dickinson?

One reason Benning was fired is that he signed these three star players to length contracts and lots of money. Some users on CDC just forget this part of the equation.

1 hour ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

The Canes are a bit of an enigma. And personally I think they get overrated when it comes to their defense and overlooked a bit offensively. Their GM and PR staff are clearly Bush league, I mean I hate the Habs more then any team except the Oilers but that trade was clearly done by a GM  or owner or both who are/is petty and suffers from small penis syndrome.

Kotka at 6 million nevermind the assets lost that could have been used at the deadline and all the trolling that came with it, imagine if an actual hockey market GM like Benning had done that. The guy has like 8 points and is getting 6 mins a night, complete miss that everyone saw coming.

The team has 2 great D in Slavin and Pesce but also have Bear, Chatfield Cole, Skeji not exactly fear inducing. Freddy is a good goalie that has been lights out, he should get the praise not their dcore.

Rannta in net tomorrow, I think we have a good chance to pull out a win. 

This gives you an indication of how good this team is.

grafik.thumb.png.dd415b4c08a33bcaa6ee722e34d66ec7.png

Love the loose feeling the bench has atm.  Petey had a goal.. Brock is a different person and Demko saves all. 

but sit Chiasson.  What was he doing on the give away that lead to a goal.  

no efforts to prevent the shot and seemed asleep out there.  

Bring up a kid for a game or two.  Bailey or any one else.  

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Please forward this to John Shorthouse.

See Joey put the statistics in the text.

Please Shorty, love ya, but quit analyzing stats while the GAME IS ON!

Anybody interested can read the stats all week long.

Call The Play when the GAME IS ON.

(Please and thank you; sorry if rude.)

Think Jim Robson, be objective and respectful, and CALL THE PLAY.

That's what we're all here for, not stats.

Right?! 

Stats:

Squirrel!!!

Stay in the game. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Won't be easy one bit.   Even with back-to-backs and some rest.   Team needs to bring their A game for sure, no Hamonic ... is OEL in? 

Edit:  Wonder how much the fans will take with Bruce if things go sour.   "Bruce there he goes"  or "Bruce there he was"   not sure which one.   

Edited by IBatch

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Won't be easy one bit.   Even with back-to-backs and some rest.   Team needs to bring their A game for sure, no Hamonic ... is OEL in? 

Edit:  Wonder how much the fans will take with Bruce if things go sour.   "Bruce there he goes"  or "Bruce there he was"   not sure which one.   

OEL will be back next week.

10 hours ago, Googlie said:

I thought the score flattered the Oilers. Canes were very solid, especially in the neutral zone. Chatfield had a good game. 6 or 7th as a Cane. Best coach in hockey right now is Brind'Amour. Never a losing season. The team comes first and players have obviously bought in to that. I harp about TOI but IMHO it is important to team building. Canes will come into Vancouver today with no forward having played more than 20 minutes. The d-side was evenly spread as well.