The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 12, 2021 Carolina Hurricanes (19-6-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (11-15-2) at 7:00 pm on SportsNet

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Get that Greens the lightning rod on this board for why things went south.   Also get the irony, that the same guys who excelled under his tutelage isn't acknowledged much either.   Suppose they'd all be superstars by now without him lol... but the eye test certainly doesn't work for EP, and BB to a lesser extent.    And QHs didn't seem to "suffer".    Green managed winning streaks with these guys too.   But that's also forgotten.   Maybe, just maybe cutting a team in half almost every year and adding new faces also played a part in this.    Every single season ... Was a very different team and these things take time.   Glad we moved on though.   And really find Bruce refreshing.   Especially his media and of course winning changes a lot.   I'd be surprised if we win tonight;  and really how we do as well.    But also have a lot of reservations and think that this team needs a couple big trades.    And a couple more years.  

it funny how some fans are really on Green, that's easy now that Boudreau has won 3 straight

But I have also had heard, "Green should stay til seasons end, and Benning should go"

I bet if you did a poll, a large number would say both were at fault and some would add Aqua

I don't get your "winning streak" argument 

Wasn't Buffalo one of the last teams to lose this season? they are 1-7-2 in their last 10 games 

Bad teams go on streaks

Bad coaches win games

Bad goalies get shutouts

and some players progress with bad coaching

interesting you bring up Hughes, as his dad helped have him ready even though he missed camp

but that didn't work for Pettersson

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I had a Moose take out my rear view mirror in Northern Ont.

He hip checked the van like he was Rob Blake. 

I remember driving through a town with a big sign advertising: “Home of Chris Pronger” (Dryden) in the RV.  I asked my wife:   “what place was that?”  Her reply:  “just another sh*tho*le”.  

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Objectively speaking though - the systems he taught, would they really be good for any team?

Feels like they were just full on ineffective. Not sure how to define a "bad coach" outside of teaching ineffective systems.

No unless Green changes his philosophy.  He tries to shove square pegs into round holes.  Coach Bruce *KNOWS* given the present makeup of the roster, they can't win games 1-0 consistantly (Demko can't get 82 shutouts in a season much as he'll try).  This team's strength is offense.  

• Vintage 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

No unless Green changes his philosophy.  He tries to shove square pegs into round holes.  Coach Bruce *KNOWS* given the present makeup of the roster, they can't win games 1-0 consistantly (Demko can't get 82 shutouts in a season much as he'll try).  This team's strength is offense.  

Green’s record with us was worse than Willie D’s!  Can you believe it?  

12 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Objectively speaking though - the systems he taught, would they really be good for any team?

Feels like they were just full on ineffective. Not sure how to define a "bad coach" outside of teaching ineffective systems.

TG could still be an effective coach with a bigger, quicker team.  Like Torts, this roster just doesnt fit the style of play TG wants.  Overall Id still say the Canucks arnt a quick team, but BruceB has the wingers clearing the zone quicker rather than staying tight on the break out. Gives this roster a chance to get some speed going and back off the defenders.  And under TG the amount of turnovers trying to do short in zone passes were just killing the Canucks transition game. Its been a huge breath of fresh air (effective too). 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Green’s record with us was worse than Willie D’s!  Can you believe it?  

yes ,more chances at failure

and one good season where he didn't have to coach made Willie and others think he was better than he was

If Green followed Torts he might have had 1 winning season also

Edited by lmm

2 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

TG could still be an effective coach with a bigger, quicker team.  Like Torts, this roster just doesnt fit the style of play TG wants.  Overall Id still say the Canucks arnt a quick team, but BruceB has the wingers clearing the zone quicker rather than staying tight on the break out. Gives this roster a chance to get some speed going and back off the defenders.  And under TG the amount of turnovers trying to do short in zone passes were just killing the Canucks transition game. Its been a huge breath of fresh air (effective too). 

Torts had the team still finishing *OVER* .500.  Travis Green, this season, was flirting with Bill Laforge levels of "success".

24 minutes ago, AC30 said:

Canucks are the greatest team of all time 

best ever 

for ever and ever

they will win the cup this year till Jesus comes back 

MARK MY WORDS 

I am not a homer

i have PhD in hockeyology

im a certified hockeyologist
I know everything about this sport 

I am an expert 

Use your carbon footprint wisely. That post isn't it. 

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Wife Left me yesterday, could really use a pick me up win from  the boys tonight. Hopefully they destroy Carolina. 

That's rough. I was hoping for a win so I could use it as an excuse to drink Scotch on Sunday night. Let's hope we both get a pick me up...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Wonder if there’s any chance we see Sutter this year.  Haven’t heard anything since beginning of the season.

Just looking at him in the game celebration vid, he looks like the long hauler effects might be too much for a quick come back. Might be next year. 

Especially if it's the lungs. Too bad really. I was lucky my Lungs bounced back right away. 

• Cheers 1