The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 14, 2021 Columbus Blue Jackets (14-11-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (12-15-2) at 7:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

7 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Are there any stats that were better under Green? (Serious question.)

CORSI For was 52.2% under green and 48.4% under Boudreau. Obviously there's the caveat that we get a lot more high danger chances now than before though.

Faceoff percentage is also 49.0% under Boudreau and it was 51.4% under Green.

In line with the CORSI percentage, under Green, we had a 53.0% oZS% and under Boudreau it's been 40.0%. 

My conclusion is that Boudreau's Canucks have been creating fewer chances, but more genuinely threatening chances. Under Green, our shooting percentage was 7.0% and under Boudreau, it's been 8.1%.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Yep, Hughes and Myers both gonna be close to 30 minutes

Yeah,

and 'Hewzy' (Preferred nickname perhaps?  BB used some such like..)

with 2 + 2.

And G-Raff with 1 + 2.

Myers reminds me of Seattle Slew, the more you push them, the more they dominate.

Seattle Slew was a champion American Thoroughbred racehorse who became the tenth winner of the American Triple Crown.

He is one of only two horses to have won the Triple Crown while being undefeated in any previous race.Time Passages: 40 Years Later, Turner Has Fond Memories Of Seattle Slew's  Wood Memorial - Horse Racing News | Paulick Report

And, Quintin Hughes is overdue for a multi-goal game imo, and this extra ice time might be just the ticket.  GO HEWZY GO!

Empathy out to all who are traveling to the game not knowing if they will play; fingers crossed.

Share your pain if it helps; these days, more than ever in my lifetime, we all need to come together.

Long rooftop Beatles set:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

CORSI For was 52.2% under green and 48.4% under Boudreau. Obviously there's the caveat that we get a lot more high danger chances now than before though.

In line with the CORSI percentage, under Green, we had a 53.0% oZS% and under Boudreau it's been 40.0%. 

My conclusion is that Boudreau's Canucks have been creating fewer chances, but more genuinely threatening chances. Under Green, our shooting percentage was 7.0% and under Boudreau, it's been 8.1%.

Interesting. Maybe the low-quality shots Green's systems were creating ended with more faceoffs in the o-zone? Shoot it from anywhere and try to get a whistle, kind of thing, because they don't have much success off the rush? 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Interesting. Maybe the low-quality shots Green's systems were creating ended with more faceoffs in the o-zone? Shoot it from anywhere and try to get a whistle, kind of thing, because they don't have much success off the rush? 

Hmm interesting idea. It does seem plausible to me, yeah.

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Isn't that what BB is preaching?  Shoot from anywhere, just get more shots?  It was time for Green to go, but 5v5 they were a top 5 possession team this season.

9 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Demko also having a good stretch has a lot to do with this win streak. 

He didn’t win player of the week over nothing. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

Isn't that what BB is preaching?  Shoot from anywhere, just get more shots?  It was time for Green to go, but 5v5 they were a top 5 possession team this season.

There might be more to Gabby's system than we hear. I've noticed Boeser in particular just electing to shoot without as much hesitation as he had in the past when in good spots to shoot. 

That said, you have a point and it's a bit odd, but even just with the eye test, our chances have looked more dangerous, so there's something different about how Bruce wants us to shoot vs how Green did.

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Definitely played a big factor in the wins for sure. We'll see if he still needs to have a .960 save percentage for us to keep winning or if our offense can finally get going with Petey, Brock, and Bo. Petey looked good last game and I have a feeling he's about to return to form with his old stick again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

It seems to me like the shots under Green were more out of desperation to get a shot counted or to get a whistle for a faceoff in their zone whereas BB... never mind, you basically just said this, that it seems like the shots now are when our players are in position to shoot, thus resulting in more actual opportunities. 

Edit: I'm getting posters mixed up. See AJs comment haha

Edited by Jester13
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Dump ins per 60?

Too may men penalties per game?

Own goals per game?

Tape to skate passes per 60?

Passes without a shot per 60?

JT Miller’s F Bombs per period

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The high puck pressure defensive system we are playing directly helped Demko the last few games. To me, it's pretty clear the change in system is directly impacting Demko's game (and numbers). He's played that good all year, just didn't have the D helping him out as much. Quality of shots against is going down.

9 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

There might be more to Gabby's system than we hear. I've noticed Boeser in particular just electing to shoot without as much hesitation as he had in the past when in good spots to shoot. 

That said, you have a point and it's a bit odd, but even just with the eye test, our chances have looked more dangerous, so there's something different about how Bruce wants us to shoot vs how Green did.

I agree

2 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

The high puck pressure defensive system we are playing directly helped Demko the last few games. To me, it's pretty clear the change in system is directly impacting Demko's game (and numbers). He's played that good all year, just didn't have the D helping him out as much. Quality of shots against is going down.

He’s still had to be really good in order for us to be on this streak. We need to continue to improve in front of him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He’s still had to be really good in order for us to be on this streak. We need to continue to improve in front of him. 

Certainly not disputing Demko's been beyond excellent! I think he would have had better numbers earlier in the year had it been like this all along. There's still room for improvement on D too, which is good news.