The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 16, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (13-15-2) @ San Jose Sharks (15-13-1) at 7:30 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Boudreau said he was watching Canucks games on tv hoping he would get a call by Van… i bet he already had an idea of what he was going to do before he was even here 

He never said he was "hoping" to get a call which would imply a different aspect to the hire, but rather he said it would be an honor to play in a Canadian market such as Vancouver.

11 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

Its great to get a goal and be in front but that period looked like hard work. The passing was all over place.

I hope they settle down again in the third and get back to the hockey that was on display over the last 5 games.

I think that is the weakest period they have played in the last 6 games. 

I suppose they all cant be gems...

Winning is good though!!!!

I think given the state of the D they are playing a safer game, need to limit good chances against. Could very well be completely wrong as well, usually am lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

It's not about hitting. Look how easy Garland went down last period on the boards. Clean check.  Then multiply that by three if you want all the forwards like that. 

I see your point, but also look how many board battles Garland wins in comparison to Brock Boeser as well. Sure he's gonna lose the puck from time to time due to his size, but his compete level farrrrrr exceeds that con. 

Glad HNIC is highlighting all the terrible trades Uncle Jim made with our draftees.  So many lost rookies and terrible trades that I don't have enough fingers and toes to count them on.   Good Riddence that he and his circus monkey Sidekick Green are gone.  Still can't believe they were re-signed in the offseason when it was obvious to a blind man they were done.  What was Aquaman thinking???

Monkey Organ Grinder GIF

17 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Might bring us a top D that we need...but  not necessarily "wanting to trade him"

Yeah I’m sure if Boudreau turns him into a 50 goal scorer than we should be able to get a top pairing Dman for him.  But then the question is why would you want to trade a 50 goal scorer?  

Just now, MikeyD said:

I see your point, but also look how many board battles Garland wins in comparison to Brock Boeser as well. Sure he's gonna lose the puck from time to time due to his size, but his compete level farrrrrr exceeds that con. 

I wouldn't trade BB. His has the best hair. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Crimson-JH said:

Dahlin wanted to be traded…. 

Dahlin wanted to be given opportunity. Benning thought it was easier to trade him than to manage him. It's not always easy being a GM, but if you act like a dictator and force everyone to buy into your take it or leave it mentality then you come to a lot of crossroads. Dahlin had the last laugh, and Benning isn't in the NHL anymore.