The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 16, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (13-15-2) @ San Jose Sharks (15-13-1) at 7:30 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Yup, only additional guy to test positive was our coach Jason King.

This makes me so mad

Our press rather create panic amongst everyone to get a few clicks rather than reporting truth.

They really should get reprimanded from their organization for spreading false news.

Integrity of journalism is starting to become non existent.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, mll said:

Mike Kelly on NHL Network broke down some key adjustments Boudreau made vs Green.  

Nails it.  It was absolutely crazy making watching them doddle inside their own blue line, circle back, pass back, and then get the onslaught of a forecheck after they farted around with it.  THIS was their downfall, and TG's downfall, in one astute analysis.  TG's system for this was absolutely awful and led to them crushed and killing momentum over and over again.  They were so discombobulated under this system.  Huge relief to see that gone.  The quick ups is way more exciting for the players as well as us.

24 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Yes I am! And im over-hyped.. Who cares that the game is at 4:30.. Not too early for a breakfast beer, some popcorn and a good hockey game! No, I haven't met him, atleast not that I know about!

3:30 here in UK... and yes as far as possible, will be up watching. Especially now as we are pushing the agenda... Great stuff.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

This makes me so mad

Our press rather create panic amongst everyone to get a few clicks rather than reporting truth.

They really should get reprimanded from their organization for spreading false news.

Integrity of journalism is starting to become non existent.

Journalistic integrity has suffered under the advent of social media. Now that the average human attention span is measured in seconds instead of minutes, the proliferation of quick news bites (that don't have to necessarily be completely vetted) has made the provision of information all about speed instead of accuracy. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Journalistic integrity has suffered under the advent of social media. Now that the average human attention span is measured in seconds instead of minutes, the proliferation of quick news bites (that don't have to necessarily be completely vetted) has made the provision of information all about speed instead of accuracy. 

But there should be a distinction between a journalist using twitter vs an average hack.

I dont follow an average joe but guys with press badges should still need to uphold integrity or they should lose their badge

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

But there should be a distinction between a journalist using twitter vs an average hack.

I dont follow an average joe but guys with press badges should still need to uphold integrity or they should lose their badge

I agree, wholeheartedly. That however needs to be a decision made by the organization. Sports journalism has been sensationalistic for sometime now. Add in the fact that Vancouver is a smaller city with very little legit pro sports, and the media will become myopic in focus and turn into a bunch of jackals fighting over the few scraps that are left after the radio shows and newspaper writers push their stuff through.