The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 16, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (13-15-2) @ San Jose Sharks (15-13-1) at 7:30 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Wish I was.

And it’s important to realize that we may have a long pause without hockey. Better to see it coming and appreciate the games more while we have them

Olympics...  ah I see, you're talking about olympics.  We'll see what happens there ;) 

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wish I was.

And it’s important to realize that we may have a long pause without hockey. Better to see it coming and appreciate the games more while we have them

booster shots should be available to everyone soon, so they might go back to a bubble and still play the games without fans. If all teams get a booster shot then that is an option. 

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Everyone really just enjoy the game tonight because a shutdown is coming and it’s coming fast.

Might be one game left, might be more but have no doubt it’s coming.

Enjoy tonight like you won’t have hockey again for a couple months (or more)

image.gif.eedfeee2bb5f948cb3379b803662a569.gif

image.gif

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

booster shots should be available to everyone soon, so they might go back to a bubble and still play the games without fans. If all teams get a booster shot then that is an option. 

Likely not quick enough to avoid a shutdown.

Im sure they’ll start up in some way. But it won’t be like it is now. And how much of a full season we get is the question.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Im sure they’ll start up in some way. But it won’t be like it is now. And how much of a full season we get is the question.

There’s absolutely no way NHL has 3 consecutive shortened seasons. They are riding or dying with 82 games.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

some teams in the US already have access, Ontario too I believe. I suspect BC will follow suit, at least I hope so, its dumb to wait if we have supply. 

I don't feel as dark about it this time since we actually have vaccines now so I think thats what they'll try to do. Players likely turf the Olympics if there's a shut down so thats our 3 weeks right there. 

We will light the sharks up tonight. I watch alot of hockey in general but even i forget they exist from time to time. Best players are anchors and old. If we can play our new found game i don't see these guys keeping up. Surprised by their record, Other teams must not be taking them seriously more often than not. 

They need to tank a few more years, Didn't build up enough prospect pool to push for getting out of round 1 let alone a cup. I suspect they start to fall and it all starts tonight!!!!:towel: 5-1 NUX ( dahlen scores so i have reading material for a while :P)

5 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Hi All

I am going to miss the game tonight due to family commitments , and ask you cheer the Canucks on for me! 

Gramps would understand that I miss his birthday party, but my mother-in-law would not!

Maybe Gramps and I can sneak out! One can hope!

you need some wireless ear buds to listen to the game. Just tell people its a hearing aid. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JM_ said:

some teams in the US already have access, Ontario too I believe. I suspect BC will follow suit, at least I hope so, its dumb to wait if we have supply. 

I don't feel as dark about it this time since we actually have vaccines now so I think thats what they'll try to do. Players likely turf the Olympics if there's a shut down so thats our 3 weeks right there. 

It will take time for teams to secure enough doses without jumping the queue.

I mean yea it might only be three weeks. But I’m gonna assume the worst. Things are trending very quickly towards another serious wave. Governments might not allow them to play even if they have 3 doses.