The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/UPDATE: Game(s) Postponed] December 18, 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs (20-8-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (14-15-2) at 4:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

3 minutes ago, Wanless said:

I know its not a legit source

but i base a lot of how i feel about covid from how pro athletes fare from it. 

generally the news has sensationalized it to cash in on easy clicks

but hearing reports on players, who have all been vaccinated m, and that they are almost always be asymptomatic tells me that at least being healthy and dosed will be enough to keep the symptoms away

cancelling the games is the right call. Its too bad though that both of the games were allowed to have full capacity 

It's not about just the players.  It's about their families, their communities etc etc.  By all accounts this is going to be a devestating wave, we all need to be vigilant.......pro sports included

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, BPA said:

Think Hamonic was put on LTI.  So he must miss a minimum of 10 games.

I wonder if the team can argue with this as a special circumstance 

hamonic was put on LTI to make room for players to be called up to replace players who are in protocol, not because he was expected to be out for the 10 games.

this could also very well start a precedent that players in protocol shouldnt count against the cap

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

I am officially off work (except for a one day check in) and I SO look forward to hockey over the holidays.  Grrrrrrrrr.  Covid's evil.

That’s awesome, I leave for a 14 day tour on Wednesday.  I’ll miss my kids but I’m bringing my dogs... Cuz no one wants to be alone on Christmas. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, stawns said:

It's not about just the players.  It's about their families, their communities etc etc.  By all accounts this is going to be a devestating wave, we all need to be vigilant.......pro sports included

Not sure if you are arguing me here?

• -DLC- changed the title to [GDT/UPDATE: Game(s) Postponed] December 18, 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs (20-8-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (14-15-2) at 4:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650
1 minute ago, Wanless said:

I wonder if the team can argue with this as a special circumstance 

hamonic was put on LTI to make room for players to be called up to replace players who are in protocol, not because he was expected to be out for the 10 games.

this could also very well start a precedent that players in protocol shouldnt count against the cap

That will probably be discussed for the next season.

Cuz they already had teams play games with a decimated roster due to the Covid protocols.  Heard maybe possibly looking at a Taxi squad again.

Just now, Nave said:

Gagh I hate Covid. Starting to resign myself to the possibility we'll be wearing masks forever. 

We have always worn and still wear masks, according to The Bard:

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

Where are my pantaloons?

What'd he say?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

By all accounts Omicron is mild, and presenting very few hospitalizations.  Endgame. 

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Nave said:

Gagh I hate Covid. Starting to resign myself to the possibility we'll be wearing masks forever. 

You just started to hate covid?? I've been dying to travel to low risk places but they require 2-week quarantine hotels!! The ones that don't care are covid hotspots!! 

As for masks... It's up to Pfizer if they feel like catching up to mutations... If we continue to rely on boosters when there's already a wild spread.... We are done!!! Some of us may not be as lucky and end up in ICU or have long covid!! 

• Sad 1