The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cool/thought provoking pics thread.

Rate this topic

Would you believe this is the airport in Singapore?

Tallest Indoor Waterfall Surrounded By Terraced Indoor Forests In Changi Airport, Singapore

Mountains in Peru

Majestic Peru

Mans best friend

Dog And Mountains From Tent

A fisherman

A Fisherman

Dusk Over The Grand Canyon

Pastel Dusk Over The Grand Canyon

The Darvas Crater in Turkmenistan.

10 Gates of Hell Around the World

50 years ago Soviet engineers lit this hole on fire expecting the natural gas to burn off within 3 days. It is still burning. It is now a famous tourist attraction known as "The Door to Hell".

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
4 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Thought provoking and heartbreaking...the image of Alan Kurdi, the three year old Syrian boy washed up on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea.  Makes me cry every time I see it.  Can't bring myself to post image of it, but I'm sure everyone here has seen it.

I have posted it in a link in the thread I started about Oscar Camps,a man who rescues refugees stranded at sea.

• Like 1
On 1/5/2022 at 2:34 PM, nuckin_futz said:

Would you believe this is the airport in Singapore?

Tallest Indoor Waterfall Surrounded By Terraced Indoor Forests In Changi Airport, Singapore

Mountains in Peru

Majestic Peru

Mans best friend

Dog And Mountains From Tent

A fisherman

A Fisherman

Dusk Over The Grand Canyon

Pastel Dusk Over The Grand Canyon

The Darvas Crater in Turkmenistan.

10 Gates of Hell Around the World

50 years ago Soviet engineers lit this hole on fire expecting the natural gas to burn off within 3 days. It is still burning. It is now a famous tourist attraction known as "The Door to Hell".

The President of Turkmenistan wants to shut the door to hell.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-09/turkmenistan-leader-wants-gates-of-hell-fire-put-out/100746276

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

The below photo is extremely shocking. Viewer discretion is advised!

The actual leader of Canada! 

image.jpeg.5be8c677e4939ea5765efc1af791cf8f.jpeg

...as the title to this thread states "thought provoking" photos. I am not kidding when I say all Canadians should find this photo thought provoking and disturbing. 

Edited by Canuck Luck
27 minutes ago, Canuck Luck said:

The below photo is extremely shocking. Viewer discretion is advised!

The actual leader of Canada! 

image.jpeg.5be8c677e4939ea5765efc1af791cf8f.jpeg

...as the title to this thread states "thought provoking" photos. I am not kidding when I say all Canadians should find this photo thought provoking and disturbing. 

Oh, why did you have to do that to this great thread?

I have opinions with cultural appropriation but not in line with the majority. Maybe because I am absolutely covered in tattoos. Many of them are from different cultures. I have learned that according to some I shouldn't have gotten..Kanji, Sanskrit, First Nations, Christian, Buddhist, Celtic ( oh, I think i'm allowed that one),  Tahitian, Maori... mixed with  bunch of other images and iconography that I have found attractive.

So, at the end of the day. I feel if you are showing respect to the culture I don't see an issue. Not unlike the host of the party from your pic, JT's friend that didn't have an issue with his attire. I guess we are all learning and that was a different time. Suppose that it was nice for him to apologise. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 2
12 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh, why did you have to do that to this great thread?

I have opinions with cultural appropriation but not in line with the majority. Maybe because I am absolutely covered in tattoos. Many of them are from different cultures. I have learned that according to some I shouldn't have gotten..Kanji, Sanskrit, First Nations, Christian, Buddhist, Celtic ( oh, I think i'm allowed that one),  Tahitian, Maori... mixed with  bunch of other images and iconography that I have found attractive.

So, at the end of the day. I feel if you are showing respect to the culture I don't see an issue. Not unlike the host of the party from your pic, JT's friend that didn't have an issue with his attire. I guess we are all learning and that was a different time. Suppose that it was nice for him to apologise. 

You are correct. I should not have gone there in this cool thread and I won't again.

How about this then...

image.png.803d96d64765bd5c398d814781bf2fb8.png

This is a snip of a video and is not an actual photo. This is one of the three videos released by the pentagon about UFOs operating all around the US Navy fighter jets. The UFOs have been around for decades (probably much longer). Tons of revelations have come out in the last ten years with many high level officials in both private companies and governments (including the US government) admitting UFOs are real, that they operate with physics humans don't yet understand, and that (they claim) we don't know what they are.

I am shocked that more people don't discuss this on a daily basis. 

US Navy pilot Commander Fravor is an extremely intelligent pilot who presents as being honest and believable. He saw a 40 foot "tic tac" shaped UFO hover over the ocean and then disappear in the blink of an eye.

The next few years will be interesting as world governments must admit to their citizens UFOs are real. Very exciting times lol.

• Cheers 2
6 minutes ago, Canuck Luck said:

You are correct. I should not have gone there in this cool thread and I won't again.

How about this then...

image.png.803d96d64765bd5c398d814781bf2fb8.png

This is a snip of a video and is not an actual photo. This is one of the three videos released by the pentagon about UFOs operating all around the US Navy fighter jets. The UFOs have been around for decades (probably much longer). Tons of revelations have come out in the last ten years with many high level officials in both private companies and governments (including the US government) admitting UFOs are real, that they operate with physics humans don't yet understand, and that (they claim) we don't know what they are.

I am shocked that more people don't discuss this on a daily basis. 

US Navy pilot Commander Fravor is an extremely intelligent pilot who presents as being honest and believable. He saw a 40 foot "tic tac" shaped UFO hover over the ocean and then disappear in the blink of an eye.

The next few years will be interesting as world governments must admit to their citizens UFOs are real. Very exciting times lol.

Now, on this. You've got a friend in me.

Pentagon is like....'We got UFO's here'....people are like....'Ok, Whateves'

It's very strange that more dont talk about this,

• Like 1
On 1/3/2022 at 9:38 PM, nuckin_futz said:

The Graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband, Holland, 1888

30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever

A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria, Australia, in 2009

Young man just found out his brother was killed

Inside an Auschwitz gas chamber

Zanjeer the dog saved thousands of lives during Mumbai serial blasts in March 1993 by detecting more than 3,329 kgs of the explosive RDX, 600 detonators, 249 hand grenades and 6406 rounds of live ammunition. He was buried with full honors in 2000

First morning after Sweden changed from driving on the left side to driving on the right, 1967

40 Must-See Photos From The Past

That photo of the gas chamber is truly terrifying.