The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks trying to trade Halak

52 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

If in fact that's what happened and Halak balked at going in, I'd sit him in the press box tonight and get Martin down here asap.  If Halak doesn't want to do his job here he's welcome to move on.  

Wow.  Is this guy for real?   What is going on with hockey players the past decade?   You would have never seen this is the 90s or 00s.  Players would have done anything to play

• Vintage 2

58 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

If in fact that's what happened and Halak balked at going in, I'd sit him in the press box tonight and get Martin down here asap.  If Halak doesn't want to do his job here he's welcome to move on.  

that was pathetic. Check your job description ffs. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

My hope is they all make nice till trade deadline passes and see if we can lose the guy. If not, if I'm JR, I find out exactly what was said. If it as it appears, I would park his ass at home and call up Martin. You can pay the goof to stay away from the rink, call up Martin. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I wonder if Halak will waive his NMC now.

Really just unsubstantiated chatter originated from the most biased Flamer Kely Hrudey.. 

The only ones that really know what was going on here are BB and Halak.

I wouldn't read too much into this. It's been so long since Halak played that maybe he was just surprised to get the nod to go in.

On 3/17/2022 at 3:17 PM, gurn said:

He signed a deal, in good faith.

He worked his deal to save the Canucks salary cap this season.

He has lived up to the terms of his deal.

If he chooses to stay, good on him.

If he chooses to go, also good on him.

Call it another reminder to be very careful about signing contracts; like a potential 8 year, big money deal,  for a guy that will be 30 before the deal starts.

Last sentence is most relevant. As for the first part, all true statements. What is not being said is

1. He has not offered any value for his contract.

2. He has an attitude issue? 
3. Lowest GAA and Save Percentage of his career.

1 minute ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Last sentence is most relevant. As for the first part, all true statements. What is not being said is

he came here for the paycheque and doesn't give a &^@# about this team. Sit him in the press box and lets see what Martin has for the rest of the year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

He played well for most of the year.

His last 3 games sucked, but prior to that his save % was .913.

His wins loss rate sucks because the team sucked till Green got fired. 

Lowest save % and goals average since way back- when he did not play much.

Kevin Woodley talked of this on last nights post game on AM650- about 1hr 9 minutes into the show. Podcast is available- worth a listen.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

halak isn't trash, It's our incredibly inconsistent team that is trash. After all the crap our franchise has pulled we should not be giving them the benefit of the doubt and strictly dumping on the player

Did you watch the games and goals he let in?  He was horrendous.  I havent seen worse goaltending than nilsson 5 yrs ago

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, rekker said:

My hope is they all make nice till trade deadline passes and see if we can lose the guy. If not, if I'm JR, I find out exactly what was said. If it as it appears, I would park his ass at home and call up Martin. You can pay the goof to stay away from the rink, call up Martin. 

Why wait?  

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Did you watch the games and goals he let in?  He was horrendous.  I havent seen worse goaltending than nilsson 5 yrs ago

Did you watch the games he played? He had 3 bad games in a row, Prior to last nights 3rd period. The rest is all decent.
We score 1 goal when he starts, Or he get thrown into the fire when our team is getting lit up mid game.

Being a goalie is all mental, You don't think it may affect his play a little bit if you where told to be a 1B, Expect never play... Have media try to blame you for the reason we are going to miss the playoffs, And only get games where you are already down by 4 goals? Give me a break even demko has been struggling lately

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Did you watch the games he played? He had 3 bad games in a row, Prior to last nights 3rd period. The rest is all decent.
We score 1 goal when he starts, Or he get thrown into the fire when our team is getting lit up mid game.

Being a goalie is all mental, You don't think it may affect his play a little bit if you where told to be a 1B, Expect never play... Have media try to blame you for the reason we are going to miss the playoffs, And only get games where you are already down by 4 goals? Give me a break even demko has been struggling lately

Unless he is traded Halak should finish the season backing Demko. JB might have told him he would be a 1B tender and been honest in saying that. Demko started the season never being a #1 in the NHL. Demko has soared and Halak year suffered as a result. No way should Spenser Martin be brought up to sit on the bench for the rest of the season! Abby has a playoff drive going and a real opportunity of a Calder Cup run. Canucks are not making playoffs. Abby should be the focus now as there are players there that will make the NHL. A good playoff run should tell Rutherford and crew a lot about their potential.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, gurn said:

He played well for most of the year.

His last 3 games sucked, but prior to that his save % was .913.

His wins loss rate sucks because the team sucked till Green got fired. 

Lowest save % and goals average since way back- when he did not play much.

Kevin Woodley talked of this on last nights post game on AM650- about 1hr 9 minutes into the show. Podcast is available- worth a listen.

Thanks, I saw that Woodley quote after I posted. I am more displeased about his reaction last night. Also who cares what was speculated as to his role here. Things change. He needs to accept that and if he’s not happy, waive the NMC.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Thanks, I saw that Woodley quote after I posted. I am more displeased about his reaction last night. Also who cares what was speculated as to his role here. Things change. He needs to accept that and if he’s not happy, waive the NMC.

His reaction was saving 14 of 15 shots in relief of our starter who was getting lit up by the soaring flames

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

halak isn't trash, It's our incredibly inconsistent team that is trash. After all the crap our franchise has pulled we should not be giving them the benefit of the doubt and strictly dumping on the player

Halak has struggled his last couple starts, but he's kept us in it most games this year. I'm not gonna go digging for it but Vintage posted a graphic regarding how many goals the Canucks have scored with him in net this season, on a game to game basis it hasn't been many.

Halak was just fine for what's been a longtime playoff team in Boston, Holtby was also dumped on here and has gone on to play well in Dallas. Nilsson struggled here too.

Even Martin, playing out of his mind, took what.. three games to finally get his first win?

Vancouver loves $&!#ting on it's backups while the team in front of them consistently let's them down.

Maybe, just maybe, it's not just about Halak. People take Demko playing like a Vezina candidate most nights for granted, ignoring the fact that said goaltending covers up numerous flaws.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

I dont understand.  Hes not happy here yet wont waive nmc?  And hes forcing the nucks to play him yet doesnt want to play?  

This guy is like that evil ex wife that keeps lookin for ways to make ur life hell.