The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

Just now, mll said:

There's no buyout possible - the window doesn't open up until after the playoffs.  It's either a mutual termination or there was a significant breach in contract.

SJS were never going to add a 1st when the buyout cap hit is close enough to a trade at 50% retained.

Main advantage of the retention was getting clear from it sooner, but I'm someone who's 100% opposed to long-term dead cap.

8 minutes ago, mll said:

There's no buyout possible - the window doesn't open up until after the playoffs.  It's either a mutual termination or there was a significant breach in contract.

SJS were never going to add a 1st when the buyout cap hit is close enough to a trade at 50% retained.

I wonder if the NHLPA will try to step in at all here.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Agreed.  Surprised they didn't do what the Rangers did with DeAngelo and just told him not to report.

If they allowed him to stay home there wouldn't have been this opening - they are claiming a breach of contract to terminate his deal.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Agreed.  Surprised they didn't do what the Rangers did with DeAngelo and just told him not to report.

I think they were waiting on the process.  Let all the investigations be completed so there would be no cry of unfair treatment from the union 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

So his current team wants him gone so bad they are just going to walk away from him.

But we should trade for him or something

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's a big L for Kane, shot himself in the foot and it cost him..

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

$22,885,000

Thrown a way,  because the guy is an idiot.

His creditors must be savage right now.

Tens of millions of dollars during bankruptcy 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1