The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Jan. 16, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I will.

Actually Costco cant break me.

Wife and I have a good system. I drive the cart down the all the isles aisles slowly and dont stop. She rovers around and dances through the zombies and returns with her findings to unload into the cart. 

Try Cocowest.ca

It’s a local website (Lower Mainland) that takes pics of all the deals and new things for the week.  Free to look at on Tuesday morning.  And the weekend update is free on Saturday morning. Become a member to see it a day earlier.  I usually look at it every week to see if it’s worth a trip to Costco.  If not, we usually skip it.

Found out about it a few years ago from other parents.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

22 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

We miss and need Hamonic more then most people think. Extremely undervalued because he’s a stay at home D-man and he doesn’t get points.

He’s played in 9 games for us this season. We faced NYR, NSH, DAL, ANA, COL, WPG, CHI, LAK and BOS

In those games:

- He averaged 18 and a half minutes of ice time

- He started in the defensive zone 57% of the time

- We went 5-3-1

- We only gave up 19 goals against

- We allowed no more then 3 goals per game (except Colorado, which was an empty net)

He gives us an actual 3rd line D pairing that matches up against other teams’ top lines taking harder minutes and rounds out our back end. A bargain for 3m if he’s healthy. The sooner he comes back the better off our team will be.

Well said!

Getting him back and hopefully playing at his best should be a big boost and while I respect how much the d has stepped up since Bruce was hired, the previous 3 games against elite teams has been a bit of a wakeup call as cracks have started to show.

The contempt people have against him for excersing his fundamental right to take his time before getting vaccinated, regardless of what made him hesitant to get it seems silly especially since he ultimately received his jabs in the end.

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

When we’re talking about Hamonic, we take it day-by-day. ;) But in all seriousness, he was expected to miss the road trip, so it will be interesting to see if he joins the team at home.

Before they left to go out on the road, wasn't there a Hamonic sighting on the ice? Although he was "skating on his own". I would love to see a full and complete lineup for a stretch of games. That game today, was a very gutsy effort, and of course Demko played well again. One thing, the Capitals are the slowest of the 4 teams they've faced in this Eastern gauntlet.

He reportedly took a step backward....so maybe one of those injuries that feels ok until you skate, then you realize it's not.  

They keep the injury stuff close to their chests so it's a matter of when he's ok, we'll all know it.

But I feel like we're better with him than without.  Hope it doesn't linger.

1 hour ago, Viper007 said:

His 1000th game isn't scheduled till against the blues provided that there are no more postponed games.

Ohhh yes!!!

I forgot some games got postponed... 

Been inside my home for 2 days watching NFL and  hockey and UFC yesterday plus hockey and NFL all day today. Brain is on standby mode.. 

Couple of weeks ago I heard BB talking about how his 1000th game was going to be against the Caps and he was excited about it being in Washington where it all started for him..  

8 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Before they left to go out on the road, wasn't there a Hamonic sighting on the ice? Although he was "skating on his own". I would love to see a full and complete lineup for a stretch of games. That game today, was a very gutsy effort, and of course Demko played well again. One thing, the Capitals are the slowest of the 4 teams they've faced in this Eastern gauntlet.

No, I don’t believe he skated prior to the road trip.

• Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

He reportedly took a step backward....so maybe one of those injuries that feels ok until you skate, then you realize it's not.  

They keep the injury stuff close to their chests so it's a matter of when he's ok, we'll all know it.

But I feel like we're better with him than without.  Hope it doesn't linger.

Or did he just take a step backward from the vaccine clinic again?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

The closest one to me is in Richmond. I knew a manager there once and he told me per square foot it’s one of the busiest in North America.

You couldn’t pay me to go there on the weekend.  My wife’s desire to go there put us on the brink of divorce once. The parking lot was full, the side roads were full.. when she insisted on circling for parking I got out of the car when it was still moving lol 

Yep, that's the one I'm talking about.  I used to occasionally have to drive home down Bridgeport and if it was Costco peak hour, good luck with that.  What a circus.

I was told the exact same thing by a manager there....they were also having issues at the time with people sharing memberships with others.  I hate it there, the parking alone is reason enough to avoid the area completely.

Nope, out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

The closest one to me is in Richmond. I knew a manager there once and he told me per square foot it’s one of the busiest in North America.

You couldn’t pay me to go there on the weekend.  My wife’s desire to go there put us on the brink of divorce once. The parking lot was full, the side roads were full.. when she insisted on circling for parking I got out of the car when it was still moving lol 

My wife being Chinese, said she can't stand that Costco, "too many Chinese"!

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

That might apply to all Costco's, we avoid them like the plague, or Covid.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1