The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Jan. 16, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Yeah i was so annoyed when the critics came out of the woodwork after the recent losses. Losing to the 1st, 2nd and 4th best team in the entire league (pts/game) coming back from a long layoff, Demko being adequate but not quite Demko like, our stars not playing like they can and we still held our own (minus the Carolina game). 

To ignore our crazy win streak and use the 3 last games to come on here with an "I told you so" attitude regarding Green vs BB was sickening. It's like some fans rather have our guys lose to try proving a futile point rather than believe in the team. 

Is this team a championship calibre team? Not right now. If Demko stands on his head, maybe we might pull an upset but what we are is a playoff team capable of 2nd or 3rd round. 

We'll see how the Nashville game goes but they are the 2nd best team in the west currently. If we beat them tomorrow, why wouldn't we say we belong with the top teams? 

This tough road trip could be a blessing in disguise. 

We've had to be sharp and needed to get back to game speed pretty quickly. 

Once we start playing teams we need to catch like Cgy and Edmonton, i hope we continue to bring it like we have since BBs arrival. If we do, we have a good chance to catch those guys. 

I think so too.  Unlike under Green i don't think BB will let the team play down to opponents (or get complacent), so the good play against the top teams on this trip should carry over to when we play the teams we're directly competing with for a playoff spot.

• Cheers 2

If we win most of the games against the teams we’re competing for the playoffs with that are ahead of us in the standings we’ve definitely still got a shot. The Calgary games in particular will be crucial.

EDM x2

CGY x4

WPG

DAL x2

SJS

LAK

I can’t find a list of games rescheduled or if these games are the rescheduled ones anywhere, so there may be more opportunities for us then these.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JM_ said:

its funny how there's always a swarm of people picking on a player each year. I guess its Petey's turn. 

Petey has been mediocre all year.  His drop off has been apparent to even casual fans.  The last couple games he's been showing good signs though and he finally was able to bury 2 goals.  Good sign moving forward.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Burroughs takes chances like you said and sometimes too many that get him out of position...BUT I love the heart the guy plays with, not the biggest guy but he STANDS UP for his teammates and that is something we need to see MORE of! Love Burroughs as a 6/7D for us

No question about his heart and I would rather, see him than Hunt cause of age and long term fit: Hunt (33) and Burroughs (26).

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

If we win most of the games against the teams we’re competing for the playoffs with that are ahead of us in the standings we’ve definitely still got a shot. The Calgary games in particular will be crucial.

EDM x2

CGY x4

WPG

DAL x2

SJS

LAK

I can’t find a list of games rescheduled or if these games are the rescheduled ones anywhere, so there may be more opportunities for us then these.

We also have another game against the Ducks, another 2 more against the Sharks. So those are really crucial games too.

15 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Petey has been mediocre all year.  His drop off has been apparent to even casual fans.  The last couple games he's been showing good signs though and he finally was able to bury 2 goals.  Good sign moving forward.

it is good to see. The kid has it in him, I do think the injury was worse than we were told, and all that time off would be hard on any player.

Whats silly is the hen house mentality of picking on the kid ad naseum. We're lucky to have him. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

We also have another game against the Ducks, another 2 more against the Sharks. So those are really crucial games too.

Can you tell me where you found this information? Or is this just remembering the previous postponed games? I’d really like to see a list somewhere of what games need to be rescheduled still and/or which games have already been rescheduled.

Great win!

Pettersson woke up, hoping he doesn't sleep again.

Boeser also played well.

Demko was solid this game.

New Burrows - I love this kid, played well and physical. Coach team, please work with him to increase the ability of our D Group.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Hamonic isn't on the road trip, that much I do know

This is a little outdated, but I heard this as the latest update (he's not on the trip)

Suckyerass and Paterstunned; dumb and dumber (but who is the dumbest of the two?)

The dumbest of them is the person who thinks it is still a good idea to sign their cheques.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Can you tell me where you found this information? Or is this just remembering the previous postponed games? I’d really like to see a list somewhere of what games need to be rescheduled still and/or which games have already been rescheduled.

From what I could find.

Krackleheads, Isles, Oilers, Flames, Sens, Coyotes, Leafs (last game of their road trip when Tavares was out with Covid)

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-home-game-vs-islanders-postponed

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-home-game-vs-seattle-on-december-27-postponed/c-329224476

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-games-this-weekend-vs-leafs-and-coyotes-postponed/c-329129220

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Double post.

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Thanks! I’m assuming that these are the games yet to be rescheduled? Or have some of them already been put on the calendar?

1 hour ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

EDM x2

CGY x4

WPG

DAL x2

SJS

LAK

Good point. To add to it, better to lose against the East than these teams you've listed. Believe.