The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 25, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Our whole second line was missing. I can't wait to see what the whole group can do next week.

Don't you mean....."Our whole second line was missing. I can't wait to see what the whole group can do next week year - after the rebuild begins."

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

So that first goal he let in wasn’t a killer?

That changed the entire momentum of the game… Demko doesn’t let that goal in.

The team was deflated after that and the refs took care of the rest.

You are right but it was more that it gave Oilers life and we didn’t have the depth to change the momentum back. Horvat would have been a game changer imo. Like you said I’m not blaming Martin but we essentially running on 2 and a half lines right now so we have to be near perfect to win a game like that .

It was very frustrating 

14 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

If Boudreau ends up being a plug lover this honeymoon phase is about to end. Those line choices in OT were borderline sabotage. Trade Hoglander if you aren’t going to give him the respect he deserves as one of the team’s top offensive threats.

Yes, I couldn't believe what I saw in O.T. either.  Those line combos made no sense to anyone.  What was going on?????????

Just now, DeNiro said:

We barely survived this stupid Covid protocol wave but we survived it. Got 2 points out of 6 with what could have easily been 0 without the effort of Martin.

Now we can move on and hopefully get rolling.

We battled hard. These last 3 games. We would have completely crumbled before. I believe as well

5 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Yeah, their .450 win% all season. We sure miss that success. 

The fact we are last in goals in the league is no coincidence. We are a bad offensive team with those players in the lineup. It needs an upgrade but that also is reflective of the defense which is just as awful offensively as well. A bad forward group and defense in terms of offense equals to being at the bottom of the league.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Green was absolutely A problem, but not THE problem. I hope the new GM gets to work fast. Don't get too attached to anyone not named Demko or Hughes.

****************************************************************************************

************************ POST OF THE MONTH ***********************************

****************************************************************************************

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Get back to winning next game. 

18-19-5.   Get back to 500 and start another streak. 

Managing losses at least. (Even if we should have won).

We would be in a much more favourable position had we done that earlier in the season.