The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 25, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I dunno man Martin played incredibly I dunno if Hasek would have won us that game. 

I will say that we were in control until that weak 1st goal, but Martin battled all game and I'm very happy with his effort. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

First goal was an absolute killer that gave the Oilers all the life they needed.

Demko shuts that game down and cruises to a 3-1 win.

I agree. But I'm not going to blame him though. Team didn't help him out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

Y. Nux should get a significant upgrade in lineup next game.  But I still think Bo is crucial given the depth on this team. 

Bo would have helped our shutdown game tonight for sure. Probably wouldn’t have given up 45 shots.

But there’s no way Demko gives up that 2-1 goal. We were cruising to victory until that.

1 minute ago, Rovy said:

-3 on the night, and that doesn't even take into account the fact he was useless in all 3 zones tonight.

And over 15 minutes of ice time. &^@#ing kill me. Hoglander was one of our best forwards tonight and didn't even crack 10 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

I agree. But I'm not going to blame him though. Team didn't help him out. 

Not blaming him. He’s a huge reason we got a point out of two of those losses.

But we have to remember Demko is the backbone of this team. He wins us that game every time.

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Man, I just don't know.

Spencer Martin has kept the team in it.

No run support.

Koskinen was unsettled and leaking rebounds left and right all night long. Nucks didn't push hard enough for that 3rd goal and it came back to bite them in the rear.

And even though Petey scored his signature goal tonight, he still lost the puck and whipped on passes way too often. His overall game is still nowhere near where it needs to be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pettersson, Hoglander

Miller, Boeser

Podz, Motte

Cycle those three forward groups. No need for anyone else to be out.

Lammiko, Highmore, and Dickinson have no business being out in OT. We’re not defending in overtime.

First decision Boudreau has made that has made me pull my hair out.

Podz and Hogs have been making a lot of little mistakes lately. 

Not saying that I want them out there or not, but that could be the reasoning :unsure:

I’ve been a big Brock supporter but it’s tough watching him this year. The lay offs seem to hurt him where if he’s out for a few games or if they postpone games it takes him like 15 games to get going again.

I’m afraid His career is trending like Brad Boyes

His shot hasn’t been the same since wrist injury and I have a feeling that he’s been put at the side of the net on the pp instead of out front coz his wrist is hindering him again.