[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 25, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Man, stop the crying. We had 4 top players out

1 just back from covid

and one back the game before

And the back ups back up in net!

Not crying, just annoyed at everyone thinking this team is somehow close. They're bad. Really really bad. Bad PK, bad PP, scrambly in our zone, one and done in theirs. Can't string two passes together. Can't hit. Can't fight. We have a good goalie.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Man, stop the crying. We had 4 top players out

1 just back from covid

and one back the game before

And the back ups back up in net!

Buddy the offense was horrible with them in the lineup. You have to look at the stats. Let’s not use it as an excuse. This team is still not that good. That’s reality.

• Cheers 1

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

Not crying, just annoyed at everyone thinking this team is somehow close. They're bad. Really really bad. Bad PK, bad PP, scrambly in our zone, one and done in theirs. Can't string two passes together. Can't hit. Can't fight. We have a good goalie.

You’re not wrong. Hopefully new GM starts with defence. It’s bad.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Agreed! Why should we be happy they are one game under .500? They should expect more out of themselves but we are last in goals on defense and forward. That’s a sign of a bad team.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Managing losses at least. (Even if we should have won).

We would be in a much more favourable position had we done that earlier in the season.

Yeah but then we'd probably still have Benning as GM and Green as coach.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

You can quit dreaming, others don’t have to

Lol. My hope was crushed 11 years ago. Now I'm not even being entertained. Ottawa has been more fun to watch last couple weeks than this tire fire. I'm a hockey fan first, Canucks fan second. 

9 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I agree on Petey. He just doesn’t look hungry or like he can do what he needs to be a difference. I just think this year is garbage for him. I am already looking forward to next year.

If he keeps playing like he has, there likely won't be a next year for him.  We can't afford to carry a Seven and a half Million Dollar "ALBATROSS" on deck.    Jim R, will not hesitate to dump underperforming deadwood.  He has a very, very long track record of impatience and dumping flash-in-the pan players and has beens - EXACTLY THE ATTITUDE WE NEED IN THIS MANAGEMENT TEAM. 

NO MORE COUNTRY CLUB FREELOADING ON THIS TEAM !

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I will agree to a point

there certainly are holes

but sometimes when players are put in different positions of responsibility, it really changes things

A few trades, fill in the holes, then lets see

the sum is not equal to the parts

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

Lol. My hope was crushed 11 years ago. Now I'm not even being entertained. Ottawa has been more fun to watch last couple weeks than this tire fire. I'm a hockey fan first, Canucks fan second. 

right the past few weeks the Canucks have been SuPeR BoRiNg

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

So hard to play with the depleted lineup. No speed to match the coilers. Needed to keep them down two and the soft goal didn’t help. Cost us a point although Martin played very well otherwise. Missing Horvat and Garland especially in OT. Take the point and run. Get the rest back on this trip. 

We don't have enough speed in the lineup (especially on D) even when we have all the regulars back. JR knows that too, and will work with the new GM to address the deficiency.

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

If he keeps playing like he has, there likely won't be a next year for him.  We can't afford to carry a Seven and a half Million Dollar "ALBATROSS" on deck.    Jim R, will not hesitate to dump underperforming deadwood.  He has a very, very long track record of impatience and dumping flash-in-the pan players and has beens - EXACTLY THE ATTITUDE WE NEED IN THIS MANAGEMENT TEAM. 

NO MORE COUNTRY CLUB FREELOADING ON THIS TEAM !

Yeah, I wouldn't even blink if he traded Pettersson. I hope it would be a decent return though. 

• Like 1