The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Jan. 27, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, BPA said:

It’s entirely possible to keep the core if cap goes up, shed some dead weight, and players don’t go for max deals.

The cap isn’t going up, except by 1 mil/year, as negotiated in the agreement between the league and players.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

If it’s all about relationships and not business I’m sure you can talk to him so nicely he will take a cheap contact.  Gimme a break.

The org needs to be strategic and fair. 

it's not about numbers, which they can't discuss at this point anyway. it's about seeing where his head is at. 

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

This is very true. 

We can end up with a 3rd liner in return for Miller. 

Very risky move. The package would have to be very substantial including a young budding star player who has played a year or two in the NHL. A sure fire future top line forward or top pair D..

Yep... risky move both ways...

Could also get injured, or just fall of a cliff edge like Sedins (doubt it), but either way its gonna be a gamble,,,

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Miller is exactly what this team has lacked for years.   A player with skill, determination and a chip on his shoulder.  I'll take him over a soft, regular season 9to5 overpaid flash-in-the-pan swedish prima donna finesse player - anyday.    I think JR will agree and he'll be resigned! 

Miller is our US equivalent of Linden, so far. What a leader and game changer. Just need him to put someone through the glass and lead us to a cup!

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, tas said:

it's not about numbers, which they can't discuss at this point anyway. it's about seeing where his head is at. 

But would you gamble the golden egg on what your sense is of where his head is at.

suppose they trade Bo for a package including younger players and the team flounders next year … Miller may want no part in sticking around no matter what he told you a few months ago. He walks and you get nothing or you get less for him during the ‘23 trade deadline coz he’s a rental at that point.

My point is the only way to remove the uncertainty is to move him.  It’s not about not caring for the player .. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Darius said:

But would you gamble the golden egg on what your sense is of where his head is at.

suppose they trade Bo for a package including younger players and the team flounders next year … Miller may want no part in sticking around no matter what he told you a few months ago. He walks and you get nothing or you get less for him during the ‘23 trade deadline coz he’s a rental at that point.

My point is the only way to remove the uncertainty is to move him.  It’s not about not caring for the player .. 

And you’re mentioning exactly why Miller will be traded before this TDL.