The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

1 hour ago, T.Demko said:

I'd be ecstatic if we can poach Clarke for the price of Garland.  However, I don't think LA would give us their top blue-chip prospect for Garland.  They probably could do better elsewhere.

after todays Tampa trade, all things are possible :lol:

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Stock the cupboards and gut the team.

Having a good prospect pool does not necessarily mean we’ll have a good team.

Could be setting ourselves back 5 years with those deals.

Having no cap space with declining assets could do exactly the same thing. Personally I don't think this team is good enough to go forward with this roster. It's been a great run, but this team as built isn't competing in the way Florida or the Avs are.

• Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, rekker said:

I get what your saying and like I said, he's similar to Juolevi in a lot of ways. Exchange for Motte? I guess it depends on market value for Motte. I'd rather have a second for Motte than Liljigren. I'd rather have Liljigren than a third for Motte. I'd have traded Halak for Liljigren, but I think that ship has sailed for several reasons. I would hope we could get better than Liljigren for Motte. I do agree Lockwood has a good chance of taking over Motte's role sooner than later. I just watched Liljigren quite closely the other night against Carolina. Long ways to go to be a regular NHLer if you ask me.

I think we’re pretty close in our evaluation.  Motte is not getting a first in any world but I’d take Liljegren over a 2nd.  Either way he’s definitely not a sure thing but more of a lotto ticket.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, T.Demko said:

I'd be ecstatic if we can poach Clarke for the price of Garland.  However, I don't think LA would give us their top blue-chip prospect for Garland.  They probably could do better elsewhere.

I would love that too, but I doubt that happens. 

I'm not sold on Turcotte either. I personally prefer Vilardi. He plays with some edge and is obviously a right shot Centerman. 

Vilardi, Grans and a 1st or 2nd. I would do the deal. With these prices, we can probably expect something like that. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Having no cap space with declining assets could do exactly the same thing. Personally I don't think this team is good enough to go forward with this roster. It's been a great run, but this team as built isn't competing in the way Florida or the Avs are.

That was obvious in September.

There's rumblings that Colombys are interested and they have plenty of good young defencemen.

Werenski is obviously out of the question but there's guys like Peeke, Jake Bean and Boqvist who may be up for grabs. Boqvist may be untouchable but he only just arrived from Chicago and is having an alright season.

Don't know much about Peeke but he's a 24ish year old right handed defenceman logging big minutes for CBJ and a bit of an all-around guy but he (like most of the team) is getting shelled in the +/-. I haven't watched him but wonder if he's a bit more of a shutdown guy? If he is, there could be a nice trade around Garland for Peeke, even straight up? 20 goal scoring gritty top 6 winger for a top 4 right defenceman?

Basically if we're moving Garland or Boeser it should be for a top 4 young defenceman, ideally someone who plays on the right side and someone who can play solid defence (think a young, rich-man's Schenn/Hamonic) but obviously there's not many of these guys out there.

We could gun for Boqvist, add more to Garland (eg. Rathbone?) and then roll with this:

Hughes - Myers

OEL - Boqvist

Schenn - Hamonic