The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

19 hours ago, Provost said:

Boeser has a ton of leverage.  He can refuse to negotiate for less than his QO, then the team has to offer it or he becomes a free agent.  We can't take him to arbitration or he gets to pick the term and will select 2 years to walk him right to free agency.

Enough teams want goal scoring and have seen his past numbers to give him a medium term deal for really good money.  It only takes one team willing to pony up more term and money to cash in.  I think we learned that with Benning paying $1 million per year too much and for 1-2 years too long in term.

Like whom? Player Name? I don't think anyone could've foreseen how bad of a fit he'd be, from start to finish.

• Huggy Bear 1

11 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Like whom? Player Name? I don't think anyone could've foreseen how bad of a fit he'd be, from start to finish.

You continue to be ludicrous in your continued fetish for defending a terrible management group.

There is a long list of players we had to give assets to get rid of or buy out.  So many contracts had negative value the moment we signed them.

Heck we still have another two of them in Dickenson and Poolman while still paying for Holtby. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

You continue to be ludicrous in your continued fetish for defending a terrible management group.

There is a long list of players we had to give assets to get rid of or buy out.  So many contracts had negative value the moment we signed them.

Heck we still have another two of them in Dickenson and Poolman while still paying for Holtby. 

And halak.

32 minutes ago, Provost said:

Don't forget Garland and Hughes.

You guys only focus on the negative. Let it go he's gone. Let's see how new management does today. 

Just now, 73 Percent said:

This is the cost of previous management &^@#ing our cap situation. We have to let good players on good contracts go. 

It’s also the cost of having the 4th highest paid Defence in the entire league, but not really showing it...

Just now, 73 Percent said:

Signed by our...

Previous management.

Yup. Myers shouldn’t be here. If he wasn’t so big, he’d be absolutely awful. He’s too often in the wrong position or makes dumb plays. But his giraffe body covers enough area to not make it as bad as his hockey “sense” does.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Teemu Selänne said:

After Allvin dumped Hamonic's entire salary with no retention FOR A PICK I literally believe he can do anything

Totally...

Also, Jimmy R is probably the most experienced POHO in the world, if he wants to move a player, he should, he has actually done all the right things so far... he hired great staff that we are all excited about, he was very patient with the team and watched and waited, his interviews and narratives he gives us through the media are spot on " being a cap team outside the playoffs, a goaltender who covers top a lot of our mistakes, lack speed etc..." all on the money

wants cap flexibility - something we never ever had with JB

go for it

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Garland and Miller are guys you win with. Would rather trade our pillow-soft captain. 

Based off of what?   Miller has been traded twice and TB went on to win 2 cups when they felt he was the one that was expendable, Garland came from Phoenix.  There's zero evidence you can win with these guys.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, brian42 said:

One of three scenarios makes me happy with a Garland move:

straight across for an equally aged, skilled, Right Shot D on a similar contract. 

straight across for a center which allows us to move Miller. 

for picks, prospects, and cap room.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Based off of what?   Miller has been traded twice and TB went on to win 2 cups when they felt he was the one that was expendable, Garland came from Phoenix.  There's zero evidence you can win with these guys.

Miller hadn’t arrived yet. Based on the fact that you can’t win with a soft team. You don’t win cups on the perimeter. 

We’ve been known as an organization that’s easily pushed around for 20+ years now. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

straight across for an equally aged, skilled, Right Shot D on a similar contract. 

my guess is it is for picks, cap room and a young B+ player/prospect

like a 2nd, 3rd, and a teams 4th best prospect, giving us 3.5-5 mill in cap space

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we are trading Garland and Pearson then might as well see if we can get an overpayment for Miller. 

Move Boeser and Myers in the summer and we are pretty much done. Let the new era begin. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1